- WDIV says tonight's Mega Millions lottery jackpot is worth $810 million. The chances of winning are 1 in 302.5 million. The odds of winning $1 million by matching five numbers, but not the Mega Ball are 1 in 12.6 million. The jackpot is the third largest in Mega Millions history
- TMZ says Goodfellas star Paul Sorvino has died at the age of 83. His wife, Dee Dee, says, “Our hearts are broken, there will never be another Paul Sorvino, he was the love of my life, and one of the greatest performers to ever grace the screen and stage”
- Deadline Hollywood says Jeopardy plans to continue using both Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings as their dual hosts.
- The Daily Mail says some travelers are placing Apple AirTags in their luggage so they can trace their bags if they get lost. The tags cost around $35 and are helping travelers locate their luggage faster than the airlines.
- United Press International says a German martial artist recently set a new world record when he used his hands to smash 148 coconuts in one minute. Muhamed Kahrimanovic cracked each coconut with a single strike.
- NBC says Jennifer Lopez's newest beauty product, Firm + Flaunt Targeted Booty Balm, sold out in record time. The booty balm contains several ingredients that fade body marks and smooth skin.
- People magazine says Klondike's Choco Tacos are going away. Klondike is getting rid of the dessert even though demand and sales have been strong for the last two years.
- Food & Wine magazine says the 'World's Most Beautiful Bean Museum' has opened at the Bush Beans new visitor center in Chestnut Hill, Tennessee. The museum was opened so people can learn about the history of baked beans. The highlight of the museum is a giant baked bean sculpture.
- The Impulsive Buy website says Frankford Candies is now selling Oscar Mayer Gummy Hot Dogs.
- Bake magazine says competitive eater Joey Chestnut recently set a new world record when he ate 17.5 lb of cherry pie in eight minutes. Joey took down 35 slices in front of 2,500 small business owners.
Boss Purchases 50,000 Mega Millions Tickets For Employees: WVLA says tonight's Mega Millions lottery jackpot is worth $810 million. The founder of the Raising Cane's restaurant chain, Todd Graves, has purchased 50,000 Mega Millions tickets for his employees. He says, “As soon as we heard how big this jackpot prize is, we couldn’t miss out on the chance to win the Mega Millions jackpot and share it with our Crew who always stand together. “None of what we do at Cane’s would be possible without our Crew, which is why we are always looking for ways to bring them a little extra fun, and if we’re lucky, a surprise on Wednesday morning.”
Disney Fans Outraged Over "Prison Food": The NY Post says Disneyland and Disney World customers have recently been complaining about skimpy, overpriced food portions. Visitors have been posting pictures of the poorly produced dishes on social media and comparing them to "prison food." One post shows Disney's $16.99 lobster roll sandwich with a tablespoon of lobster meat on a beaten-up hot dog bun. Another photo shows a Disney salad that consists of a few lettuce leaves and radishes. One customer claims Disney is charging $5 for three tiny fried donuts in the shape of Mickey Mouse's head.
The uproar began after Disney announced that they would begin reducing portions at Disney restaurants due to supply chain issues. Disney executives claimed the cutbacks would be "good for guests' waistlines."
Social media reacts ...
"I've had microwave meals that look better"
"Up until now, I've not minded paying the prices as I've been able to justify it with what we were getting, or, at least in the memories we've made. Somehow, it never quite felt like full on exploitation. But I've finally hit my breaking point."
OK! magazine claims Britney Spears and Elton John have allegedly recorded a new version of ''Tiny Dancer''. The song was recorded in secret at a Beverly Hills recording studio. A source tells the magazine, "This was Elton’s idea, and Britney is a huge fan. They have recorded a remix of ‘Tiny Dancer’ as a full duet — and it is incredible. Britney was in the studio in Beverly Hills last week with Elton for the super-secret recording session overseen by uber-producer Andrew Watt. They’ve already played it for people at their record label, and everybody is freaking out. It is so good. They are saying this is going to be the song of the Summer. Britney is officially back. She’s back to work, and she’s super excited."
Extra TV says Nick Cannon has become a father for the eighth time. Bre Tiesi gave birth and posted, ''I did it. An all natural unmedicated home birth. This was the most humbling / limit pushing yet awakening and completely empowering experience. I can’t thank my team enough for delivering my son safely. This experience has changed me forever and I couldn’t of asked for a more amazing and supportive partner. Daddy showed the f up for us.. I couldn’t of done it without you. I can’t believe he’s here.”
The Daily Mail says Chef Gordon Ramsay was recently having dinner at a Glasgow, Scotland restaurant when a superfan walked in with a cardboard cutout of him. Gordon was stunned and playfully cursed out the fan before signing the cutout. The fan says his friends bought him the cutout because he never misses any of Gordon's shows
Ace Showbiz says Vin Diesel celebrated his 55th birthday yesterday by having dinner with Helen Mirren. The two are filming the tenth Fast and the Furious movie in Rome. A source says they downed wine. "Diesel was wearing a blazer, which he then took off to reveal a tank top, fitting for the scorching temps."
The Sun says two people have tried to break into Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Montecito, California home. The couple and their children were home each time the security breach occurred this Summer. The trespassers left both times before cops arrived.
Newsweek magazine says Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has sold his San Francisco townhouse for $31 million. It has four bedrooms, a media room, wine room, a wet bar and a small greenhouse in the garden.
Demi Moore tells People magazine that she will never shave her head again like she did for her role in "GI Jane". “I think now that I’m older … I don’t have anything to prove. So if they really need my hair different, they can give me a wig. I’ve done everything to my hair. I’ve shaved it. I’ve dyed it. I’ve had a bob. When I’m not working, I try to do as little to it as possible. It’s stressful even having someone touch it.”
The Sun says Brad Pitt has allegedly hired famed Formula 1 race car driver Lewis Hamilton to teach him how to drive for his upcoming racing movie. Joseph Kosinski, who directed "Top Gun: Maverick'', is directing this film. A source tells the newspaper, “F1 is obviously huge, but Brad is totally the right man for this role. Joseph couldn’t be hotter at the moment thanks to the new Top Gun movie and Lewis is excited at the thought of a new experience. It’s perfect. They’re all so up for it.”
The Wall Street Journal says Brad Pitt has paid $40 million for a Carmel Highlands, California home. The home has arched windows, ocean views, a Mediterranean roof and local sandstone and granite throughout. The house was built in 1918
A new survey by LinkedIn reveals that only 40% of workers think tattoos should be covered at work. Other findings:
- 40% of Millennials have a tattoo.
- 13% of Baby Boomers have a tattoo
- 60% of employees say the definition of what is considered professional has changed because of the pandemic
Most Outdated Wedding Customs .. … According to a new survey by One Poll
the custom of the bride not being seen prior to the ceremony .. .25%
a bride wearing a white dress ... 20%
father-daughter and mother-son dance ... 19%
MOST CHALLENGING PARTS OF PLANNING A WEDDING TODAY … According to a new survey by One Poll
Paying fоr it – 35%
Making sure everyоne enjоys themselves – 30%
Ensuring COVID-19 safety – 30%
selecting the bridesmaids and grооmsmen – 29%
Enjоying the day myself – 28%
Pleasing all family members – 28%
Creating a Guest List – 28%
I was recently set up on a blind date. We had a great time. My date is smart, successful and witty. The only thing I don't like about him is his laugh. It's high pitched and screeching. During dinner, people were looking at him because his laugh was so uniquely annoying. I like everything else about him. Is a bad laugh a reason not to date someone?