- The Daily Mail says Apple is introducing a new Lockdown Mode for its iPhones, iPads and Macs. The mode will protect people from unexpected cyber-attacks. The new feature will be available this Fall.
- A new study by Petplan Insurance reveals that owning a pet makes you happier. They found that Americans that own a pet are 87% happier than those who don't. Canadians , who own a pet are 158% happier than those who don't.
- BroBible says Madame Tussauds of London creamed outgoing UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson yesterday when they placed his wax statue outside of an employment center. People stopped to pose with the statue. Johnson stepped down following weeks of scandals and controversies.
- The NY Post says Pringles is petitioning to have the kidney garden spider renamed after its brand because the spider resembles its mascot with its white face, black eyes and black bushy mustache. The company says, “In 1968 the world was introduced to the iconic Pringles can and logo, but little did we know there was a creature amongst us who was unknowingly spreading the Pringles love.”
- Media Post says Oscar Mayer is inserting scratch-and-sniff ads into magazines.The ads smell like sizzling bacon and are running in US Weekly, inTouch Weekly, OK! magazine, Life & Style Weekly and The Star.
- CTV News says competitive eater Joey Chestnut is moving on from hot dogs to mini donuts. He will compete in a mini donut eating competition in Regina, Canada on August 5th. Proceeds from the event will benefit a local food bank
R.I.P. James Caan: Legendary actor James Caan has passed away at the age of 82. His family released a statement saying; ''It is with great sadness that we inform you of the passing of Jimmy on the evening of July 6. The family appreciates the outpouring of love and heartfelt condolences and asks that you continue to respect their privacy during this difficult time.''
James Caan Fast Facts ...
James played football at Michigan State University before transferring to Hofstra University. Hofstra classmates included Francis Ford Coppola
James was married four times
He was a practicing martial artist and took part in several steer roping rodeos
In touch Weekly Magazine says James was worth $20 million at the time of his death
IHOP's Minions Pancakes Are Making People Sick: The NY Post says IHOP's new Minions pancakes are making people sick. The restaurant chain introduced the Minion Menu to promote the release of "Minions: The Rise of Gru". The banana pudding pancakes, cinnamon donut holes, Gru steakburger and Cold Gru iced coffee are making people ill.
Customers react ...
“My body is shutting down”
“I had the minion menu and I had diarrhea for 4 days”
“I had the minions meal cold brew and gru’d my pants”
Hollywoodlife.com claims Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez are allegedly in the final stages of planning a grand wedding. A source tells the website, “Ben and Jen want to have an elaborate and grand wedding and no expenses will be spared. Even if they were to make it private, between their families and their children, it would be a huge wedding whether they wanted to or not.”
Celebrity Net Worth says "Top Gun: Maverick" is expected to cross the $1.3 billion mark this weekend. Tom Cruise was paid $13 million up front to star in the film and also gets 10% of the first dollar gross. This means he could earn as much as $91 million.
Christian Bale was recently doing press for ''Thor: Love And Thunder" when he told the Washington Post that people laughed at him when he said he was going to play a serious Batman in the 2005 movie ''Batman Begins''. “I would tell people we’re going to sort of do Batman, but take him seriously. I had tons of people laugh at me and just say, ‘well that’s just not going to work at all.’ So, it’s wonderful to be a part of a trilogy that proved those people wrong.”
The Chamberlain Sun says Rebel Wilson, who has lost a considerable amount of weight in the last year, offered weight loss advice recently while on vacation. She posted, “I love myself and it doesn’t help to be hard on yourself. But I know what it’s like to feel guilty and not great after eating too much. But if you’re like me just know YOU are more than just your weight, your weight doesn’t define you.”
Hollywoodlife.com says things are getting serious between Chris Rock and his new girlfriend, Lake Bell. A source tells the website, “Chris and Lake have been seeing each other for a couple of months. He’s really busy with his comedy tour and focusing on his upcoming comedy special, but he’s excited about Lake, so he’s making a big effort with her despite his hectic schedule. He’s doing his best to make it all work. Things are progressing. They have a lot of friends in common and she’s one of the funniest people ever, so they’re a great match.”
Bryan Cranston has confirmed that he and Aaron Paul are in several upcoming episodes of ''Better Call Saul''. He tells the Basic podcast, "There's a scene that Aaron is in without me. And there's a scene where I'm in without him. And then there's a scene where we're both in. So there's three scenes to come. It's pretty cool. But to be honest with you – because we shot everything in a bubble and completely out of sequence — I don't even know what episodes we're in. You're gonna find out."
''Better Call Saul'' returns on Monday on AMC
Kim Kardashian tells Allure magazine that she has not had as much plastic surgery as people think. “A little bit of Botox. But I’ve chilled, actually. No filler. Never filled either one [cheek or lip], ever. … I’ve never filled my cheeks. I’ve never filled my lips. I’ve never had eyelash extensions. I’ve never done anything. I have a drop of mascara on today. I’m at peace with not being perfect and I wasn’t like that before. I hate my hands — they’re wrinkly and gross. But I’ve lived life and I’ve changed so many diapers with these hands and I’ve snuggled my babies with these hands, so I’m okay with them. [Getting older] doesn’t mean that I won’t strive for perfection, but you get to a point where you’re like, ‘OK, my health is more important than anything else.'”
The Verge says Netflix is financing Johnny Depp's new movie about King Louis XV.The movie follows the French King as he has an affair with his third mistress and then is ultimately killed during the French Revolution. Netflix only plans to stream the movie in France.
Martha Stewart tells Chelsea Handler that she wants some of her friends to pass away so she can date their husbands. “I had two mad crushes in the last month, which is really good for me. But it turns out, you know, one of them is married to the mother of some friends of mine and I just — he’s so attractive. I’ve had the opportunity to be homewrecker and I have not taken anybody up on it. And that’s really where — that’s where I meet men. They’re all married to friends of mine or something like that. The wife, I always think, ‘Oh, gosh, couldn’t that person just die?’ Yeah! Not — not painfully. Just die … But it — it hasn’t worked out.”
The Dirt says Reese Witherspoon has purchased an $18 million Nashville estate.The property has a 15,000 square foot main house, a pool house, a pavilion, a pool and a tennis court
First Date Survey
A new survey by Shane Co reveals that 30% of people prefer to grab dinner on a first date. Other findings:
- 23% of people prefer going for coffee on a first date
- 12% of people like going for drinks on a first date
- 11% of people like doing something fun and active on a first date
Top Emotions People Feel Leading Up To A First Date... According to a new survey by Shane Co
I have been married for 23 years and am constantly trying to think up new ways to spice up my relationship. My favorite actor has a new movie coming out today. Everyone knows I'm in love with Chris Hemsworth. Sometimes when I kiss my husband I pretend I'm actually kissing Chris. I told my sister about this and she says I'm cheating. Am I? Is it wrong that I think of Chris when I'm kissing my husband?