Fonseca Trending 06/27/22
- CBS says some cities are canceling their July 4th fireworks displays because of a shortage of pyrotechnic workers. Fireworks companies say they are experiencing a labor shortage and don't want to hire inexperienced workers to shoot off fireworks.
- The Sun says ice cream prices are rising because of supply chain issues and the rising cost of ingredients. Over the past year, the cost of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream has jumped by 50%. Hagen Daaz ice cream is up by 8%. Snickers ice cream bars are up by 29%
- A new survey by Rasmussen Reports reveals that only 14% of people think a robot could do their job.
- Fortune Magazine says Cadillac's new electric sedan, the Celestiq, is going to cost $300,000 when it hits showrooms in 2023. The median price of a home in the United States is $447,000. The price of the car is comparable to a Rolls-Royce, a Ferrari and a Bentley
- US Weekly Magazine says Kris Jenner jokingly announced she was running for President by posting a campaign poster on her Tik-Tok page. It showed a picture of her along with the caption; “Kris Jenner 2024 Presidential Candidate”
- The NY Post says Patrick Mahomes and his wife, Brittany, are expecting a baby boy.
- The Sun says Tom Cruise attended a Rolling Stones concert in London over the weekend. He sat in a VIP section
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. (Tie) "Elvis," $30.5 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film cost $85 million to produce)
1. (Tie) "Top Gun: Maverick," $30.5 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film has earned over $1 billion at the box office)
3. "Jurassic World: Dominion," $26.4 million.
4. "Black Phone," $23.4 million.
5. "Lightyear," $17.7 million.
6. "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness," $1.7 million.
7. "Jugjugg Jeeyo," $725,000.
8. "Everything Everywhere All at Once," $533,000.
9. "The Bob's Burgers Movie," $513,000.
10. "The Bad Guys," $440,000.
James Bond producer Barbara Broccoli tells the Daily Mirror newspaper that she would like to see Prince William replace Daniel Craig as 007. "Unfortunately, the person we just met isn't available. He's occupied, unfortunately, but he would be the perfect candidate. He ticks all the boxes. But he's not available, sadly. So we're still on the hunt."
TMZ says Ben Affleck's 10 year old son recently hopped into the driver's seat of a Lamborghini. He placed the car in reverse and hit another vehicle. No damage was done and no one was injured. The yellow Lamborghini was rented.
The National Enquirer claims Ben Affleck is allegedly thinking about using someone other than Matt Damon to be his Best Man when he weds Jennifer Lopez. A source tells the magazine, “Ben’s brother, Casey, will serve as best man. The staff will all have to sign an ironclad confidentiality agreement… and the actual venue of the wedding will not be revealed to guests, including Matt Damon, until just a few days before the event. Matt has known Ben since they were teenagers. That’s the only reason he’s being invited. But the guest list is not designed to be a who’s who of Hollywood.”
The Sun says Tom Cruise is preparing to celebrate his 60th birthday next month with two huge birthday parties. One will be in the UK while the other will be in America. A source tells the newspaper, “Tom is classy and low-key, despite his fame, but this is a big milestone and his friends and team want to mark it properly, so it’s seriously A-list – and there are two parties. In Britain the invite list will be a Who’s Who of his circle – they’ll be asking the likes of David Beckham, James Corden, his co-star Simon Pegg, and obviously his partner Hayley Atwell will be there for both. It’s going to be at Soho Farmhouse, where Simon had his party, and Tom just loved it – so he wanted to do the same again and take the place over. It’ll be very A-list, but also a lot of the team who he has worked with on Mission Impossible and Top Gun because they’ve become his closest friends. He also has such a good relationship with Prince William these days it’s possible he would come along too, he’ll be invited – but that’s a bit more dependent on the royals’ commitments.''
Inside the Magic says Disney may ask Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson to replace Will Smith in ''Aladdin 2''. They also want him to play the lead in their live action remake of ''Treasure Planet''. The film has a budget of $140 million.
Hollywoodlife.com says Pete Davidson is going to join the second season of ''The Kardashians''. A source tells the website, "In the end, Pete knows that this level of exposure for his career cannot be bad. He controls the narrative in this instance, and he is only showing a loving side of himself that is authentic. He felt like, after all the mention of him in Season 1, he can't just ghost out and always be this entity. He is having fun doing this with her and they all know it is only going to make fans that much more interested in watching. It is a win-win situation."
The Robb Report says a Batman-themed fine dining restaurant has opened in London. Park Row is decorated like some of the Gotham City restaurants featured in ''Batman Begins'' and ''The Dark Knight''. The restaurant's bar, Pennyworth's, serves classic cocktails and a $617 bottle of whiskey. The Iceberg Lounge honors the Penguin.
The popular Joker Fish is a pan-seared Atlantic cod with red, yellow, green and white purée's.
Christian Bale tells Variety magazine that he has yet to watch Robert Pattinson's Batman movie. "I still haven’t seen it. I will see it. Listen mate, it's amazing how few films I see. Every director I work with, I've seen a couple of their films and they're always looking at me going, 'Are you kidding?' I like to really savor films and I don’t watch too many. But I will, I certainly will."
Chris Hemsworth tells Extra that he is open to doing more Thor movies after "Thor: Love and Thunder" opens on July 8th. “Every time I play Thor, I’m like, ‘This is the last time they let me do it,’ so I don’t know. I’m down for whatever is enjoyable.”
Bacon-Scented Cologne: CNN says Tyson is selling a new bacon scented cologne called Wright Number 100. It sells for $20. It was made by the same people, who have worked on fragrances for Britney Spears, Victoria's Secret and Calvin Klein. The cologne smells like bacon, applewood, bergamot, sandalwood and maple syrup.
4th of July Survey
A new survey by Survey Monkey reveals that 143 million Americans plan to travel over July 4th weekend. Other findings:
- 50% of people say high gas prices are affecting their Fourth of July plans
- 25% of people are planning a July 4th road trip of more than 100 miles
- 41% of people plan to have a barbecue on the Fourth of July
- 30% of people plan to watch fireworks on the Fourth of July
Phone Survey A new survey by U.S. Cellular reveals that the average parent thinks 13 years old is the perfect age for a child to have their first phone. Other findings:
- 90% of parents monitor their child's phone usage
- 19% of people use their phone to get recipes so they can prepare dinner
- 75% of people would rather go to the dentist than lose their phone
- 68% of people would rather go on a terrible date than lose their phone
- 65% of people would rather sit next to a crying baby on a plane than lose their phone
- 57% of people would rather give up all of their holiday gifts than lose their phone
Top 10 Things Couples Argue About... According to a new survey by YouGov
1 Tone of voice or attitude, 39%
2 Money, 28%
3 Communication styles, 26%
4 Household chores, 21%
5 Relationships with immediate and extended family, 20%
6 Amount of quality time spent together, 17%
7 Life decisions, 15%
8 Health or lifestyle decisions, 13%
9 How you argue, 13%
10 Sex, 12%
Sleep Survey A new survey by Serta Simmons Bedding reveals that the ideal time to go to bed is 9:39 p.m. Other findings:
- The average person is in bed by 10 p.m.
- 70% of people like their room to be cool and quiet when they are sleeping
- 36% of people sleep with a light on
- 34% of people sleep with ambient noise on
- 38% of people watch TV before bed
I moved to the area about a month ago to take a job with one of the bigger companies in town. I also joined several dating sites. I swiped right on one woman last Thursday. We exchanged messages on Friday and Saturday before talking late into Saturday night and for several hours yesterday. I was going through my company's website when I nearly had a heart attack. I realized the woman I was chatting with is a vice president in the company. At some point, I could run into her this week. What do I do? I had no idea who she was when I started chatting with her. She's said some wild stuff to me this past weekend. I'm scared about my gig! Should I tell her that I discovered we work for the same company or let things play out?