Fonseca Trending 06/21/22
- MarketWatch says gas could reach $6 a gallon by Labor Day. Prices are expected to rise because U.S. refinery capacities and stockpiles are shrinking.
- The Golden State Warriors celebrated their NBA Championship yesterday with a parade in the Bay Area. People honored Steph Curry by bringing goats because they believe he is the Greatest Of All Time (GOAT)
- TMZ says Elon Musk's daughter, Xavier, is changing her name to Vivian Jenna Wilson because she no longer wants to be related to him. She posted; When asked why she was changing her name, she posted, "Gender Identity and the fact that I no longer live with or wish to be related to my biological father in any way, shape or form."
- Deadline Hollywood says a four-hour version of ''Elvis'' exists. The edited version is two hours and 39 minutes and will be released this weekend
- 9News says Australia is suffering from a lettuce shortage. Some restaurants are now charging a $1 surcharge for the greens.
Summer Trending ...
- 53% of wine connoisseurs say rosé wine is more refreshing than a popsicle in the summer (Barefoot Wines)
- 75% of singles conquer their bucket list during the summer.(Match.com)
- 60% of women slim down before Summer holidays ( payasUgym.com)
- 33% of people will call in sick on a sunny Friday this summer.(Malibu Rum)
- A survey by Nutrisystem reveals that 50% of women would rather go without sex for the summer than gain 10 pounds. 25% of men feel the same way.
- 55% of Millennials have had a summer fling (Yelp)
- teen snacking jumps by 50% in the summer.(Farm Rich)
- Summer is the most popular time of the year to break up with someone. 33% of people have dumped a partner during June, July or August. (HB)
- 70% of women and 48% of men diet in the spring so they can get in shape for the summer (Pizza Express)
- 65% of people say Summer makes them want to take part in a Happy Hour (Bevy Long Drink)
- 15% of people will hook up with an old flame this Summer (Dating.com)
- A survey by Nutrisystem reveals that 50% of women would rather go without lovemaking for the Summer than gain 10 pounds. 25% of men feel the same way.
- more people would prefer to shed 10 to 20 pounds this Summer (25%) than get promoted at work (20%) (Nutrisystem)
The USA Today newspaper says Dave Chappelle has turned down an offer from his alma mater, the Duke Ellington School of Arts, to name a theater after him.The Dave Chappelle Theater will now be named the "Theater of Artistic Freedom & Expression." Dave turned down the offer because of the backlash he received from students and school officials over his Netflix special, "The Closer".
Independent News says Britney Spears' husband, Sam Asghari, recently sent his audition tape to Marvel Studios because he wants to be an action star. A source tells the website, : "Sam wants to play a positive role model for young Persian men, rather than the villains they are usually portrayed as. He has been working on his screen fighting skills and has upped his training in mixed martial arts and undertaken stunt classes."
WGN-TV says John Cena is being honored by the Make-A-Wish Foundation for granting more than 650 wishes. He set a new record with his wish list. Cena says, “I just drop everything. If I can offer a fantastic experience, I’ll be first in line to do my part. The reason I love Make-A-Wish so much is because those are those families’ wishes.''
"Top Gun: Maverick" star Glen 'Hangman' Powell tells the USA Today newspaper that he and the cast pigged out after filming was done. ''We took down more tater tots than a human has ever eaten. We lived it up. Then we get a call right after dinner. It was like: 'We got the vibe, but we need more. We're going to have to reshoot in a couple of weeks.''
Ace Showbiz says Internet trolls are impersonating Johnny Depp on social media sites.
Johnny released a statement saying, "I've been made aware that there are fake accounts pretending to be me or people working with me. I do not have any private or side accounts on any platforms." He continued, 'These are the only pages run by me and my team where we share updates and communicate: INSTAGRAM @Johnny Depp TIKTOK @Johnny Depp FACEBOOK @Johnny Depp DISCORD @Johnny Depp0854. I ask that you remain cautious as it seems these fake accounts can be relentless. My team is working to combat the problem. Thank you for your continued support and for making me aware of this issue! Love respect, JD X."
Sports Illustrated says Tom Brady promoted his new underwear line yesterday on Twitter. He posted a picture of himself standing next to a man in boxer briefs. The man was holding a sign that read; "Stop trying to promote your underwear, Tom."
Chris Evans says adopting a rescue dog was the best decision he's ever made.LAD Bible quotes him as saying, "I always thought when I adopted a dog or rescued a dog, it would be a little puppy. Dodger was a full-grown dog. It wasn’t the story I had in my mind, but it ended up being the best decision of my life. I just think a lot of adult dogs and older dogs get overlooked, and that’s a shame. They just have such a connection with whoever they’ve been around for a while. That’s what makes an older dogs' love so special. You gotta earn it."
Sandra Bullock tells The Hollywood Reporter that she is burnt out and is going to take a break from acting. ''I don't want to be beholden to anyone's schedule other than my own. I'm so burnt out. I'm so tired, and I'm so not capable of making healthy, smart decisions and I know it. Work has always been steady for me, and I've been so lucky. I realized it possibly was becoming my crutch. It was like opening up a fridge all the time and looking for something that was never in the fridge. I said to myself, "Stop looking for it here because it doesn't exist here. You already have it; establish it, find it and be OK not having work to validate you."'
The Blast says Ben Stiller traveled to the Ukraine yesterday to meet with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. He toured the country and said, “It’s one thing to see this destruction on TV or on social networks. Another thing is to see it all with your own eyes. That’s a lot more shocking.''
Best TV Dad Role Models … According to a new survey by One Poll
Philip Banks (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)
Mick Shipman (Gavin and Stacey)
Gerry Quinn (Derry Girls)
Danny Tanner (Full House)
Paul Hennessy (8 Simple Rules for Dating my Teenage Daughter)
Michael Kyle (My Wife and Kids)
Phil Dunphy (Modern Family)
Walter White (Breaking Bad)
Gomez Addams (The Addams Family)
Tim Taylor (Home Improvement)
Ross Geller (FRIENDS)
Mr. Henry Brown ‘Mr. Brown’ (Paddington Bear)
Daddy Pig (Peppa Pig)
Fred Flintstone (The Flintstones)
Mike Brady (The Brady Bunch)
Ned Flanders (The Simpsons)
Barney Rubble (The Flintstones)
Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)
Harold Bishop (Neighbours)
Terry Jeffords (Brooklyn 99)
Hal Wilkerson (Malcolm in the Middle)
Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
Eddard ‘Ned’ Stark (Game of Thrones)
Rick Grimes (The Walking Dead)
Jim Hopper (Stranger Things)
Martin Crane (Frasier)
Ron Swanson (Parks and Recreation)
Tony Soprano (The Sopranos)
Alan Harper (Two and a Half Men)
A new survey by Wakefield Research reveals that 95% of people say their pet helps them de- stress. Other findings:
- 69% of people take better care of their pet than themselves
- 70% of people would rather spend time with their pet than watch television
- 47% of people say their pet keeps them physically active
Top 10 Dog And Cat Pet Peeves .. According to a new survey by Petland 1. Getting sick on the carpet 2. Waiting to be let out anԁ then ԁeciԁing not to when you open the door 3. Leaving fur/hair everywhere 4 Waking you up 5. Begging for fooԁ when you cook 6. Making strange sounԁs in their sleep 7. Refusing to go out in the rain 8. Walking across your laptop 9. Knocking something off a shelf 10. Stealing fooԁ Smartphone Survey A new survey by Gallup reveals that 12% of people say their smartphone has made their life worse. Other findings: - 80% of people keep their smartphone with them at all times - 66% of people keep their smartphone near them while they sleep - 58% of people say they spend too much time using their smartphone
World's Most Valuable Brands … According to a new study by BrandZ 1. Apple 2. Google 3. Amazon 4. Microsoft 5. Tencent 6. McDonald’s 7. Visa 8. Facebook (Meta) 9. Alibaba 10. Louis Vuitton
My friends and family are upset with me because I am charging to eat dinner at my upcoming wedding. My fiance and I made the decision to charge people for their food because we've been to tons of weddings and seen how people waste it. Things are tight because of inflation so why should we pay for a plate that won't be eaten? My friends and family say my fiance and I are cheap for charging. They say they are going out of their way to come to the wedding so we should at least pay for their food even if they don't touch it. What do you think? Are we cheap or not?