Fonseca Trending 06/05/22
- The NY Post says Joey Chestnut competed in yesterday's hot dog eating contest while on crutches. He ruptured a tendon in his right leg. Joey tells TMZ that he wants to face Tom Brady in an eating contest. "It would be awesome to eat against him in any food". Joey won Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest yesterday by downing 63 hot dogs in 10 minutes.
- Business Insider says the world's 10 wealthiest people lost $250 billion during the first half of 2022. Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos have lost a combined $120 billion this year due to inflation and a poor stock market.
- WWL says Disney is changing the name of their Splash Mountain attraction to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. The name matches the attraction's theme of "The Princess and the Frog."
- Mashed magazine says General Mills is adding a new white Magic Gem marshmallow to their Lucky Charms cereal. The marshmallow has multi-colored sugar specs. General Mills released the Gem's backstory. It reads, "Magic Gems have been stowed away in the goblin den for centuries and hold the power of rainbow vision to see in the dark."
- Pizza Market Place says Hungry Howie's is now offering a dill pickle flavored crust and a Pickle Bacon Ranch Pizza. The company says, ''With our new Pickle Bacon Ranch Pizza and Dill Pickle Flavored Crust, we're pushing the culinary boundaries with a flavor bomb that's savory, smokey, briny, creamy, and sweet. We know it sounds crazy and it may be the next controversial pizza topping since pineapples – but if you're a fan of the salty-sweet combo, pickles and pizza is a winning flavor combination worth trying."
- The Daily Mail says cheating men are buying WD-40 after discovering it removes lipstick from shirt collars. Women are using WD-40 to shine their diamonds
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results (Friday through Monday .. four days)
1. “Minions: The Rise of Gru,” $125 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film cost $80 million to produce. It has earned over $220 million worldwide. The opening is the highest ever for a July 4th release beating the previous record by “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” with $115.9 million.)
2. “Top Gun: Maverick,” $33 million.
3. “Elvis,” $23.5 million.
4. “Jurassic World: Dominion,” $19.7 million.
5. “The Black Phone,” $14.4 million.
WGTC says movie theaters in the UK are banning people, who wear formal wear to "Minions: The Rise Of Gru". The #Gentleminions trend started on Tik-Tok and Twitter. Adult men are showing up in suits and tuxedos to watch the movie. They are also throwing bananas and talking throughout the film. The website says Universal Pictures is encouraging the formal wear trend, but not the banana throwing
Steve Carell tells Sky News that he wants several of his friends to be in the next Minions movie with him. "I'd love Stephen Colbert to be in one, I would love Will Ferrell to be in one, I mean, boy, any one of my friends I'd love to do one. They're so much fun because they're very collaborative, you can play around, you can kind of try anything, there's no wrong way to do it, and I think you can tell when you watch them, they're very freewheeling. All of the voice actors are giving a lot of themselves and not just reading the script, but embodying the character with much more than just the words."
The Daily Mail says Taylor Swift's alleged stalker, Joshua Christian, was arrested on Friday after turning up at her Manhattan apartment. He arrived at 10:45 a.m. before buzzing Taylor's intercom. He threatened her and wanted to enter her home.
WDIV says Lindsay Lohan has married Bader Shammas. She posted, “I am stunned that you are my husband. Every woman should feel like this everyday.” Bader works in the finance industry
Khloe Kardashian's former partner, Lamar Odom, tells TMZ that his Lakers teammate, Kobe Bryant, comes to him in his dreams. "He's just talking to me all the time. 'Hang in there. Keep fighting.' A lot of stuff. His spirit, it's so strong. To me, he's like not too far away. Especially when you're dreaming of someone, and they talk to you in that dream, you're definitely going to remember it."
Uproxx says Denzel Washington is going to receive a Presidential Medal of Freedom for his contributions to American society, culture, politics and world peace. The White House says, “President Biden has long said that America can be defined by one word: possibilities. These seventeen Americans demonstrate the power of possibilities and embody the soul of the nation – hard work, perseverance, and faith.”
Marca magazine says Johnny Depp and Jeff Beck recently performed together in Oslo, Norway. Women took off their bras and underwear and threw them at Johnny as the show was ending. He collected all of the undergarments and held them up as fans went wild.
Tom Cruise tells People magazine that a traffic cop has never quoted his 'Need for Speed' line at him. "I wish they would!" Sometimes, I get stopped. But also, I spend a lot of time on racetracks, on motorcycles, in helicopters, so I get a lot of that stuff out.''
Tom Hanks tells Cinemablend that he is disappointed Chris Evans replaced Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear. ''I actually wanted to go head-to-head with Tim Allen (Elvis vs Lightyear)and then they didn't let Tim Allen do it. I don't understand that. Here's the thing: I want to go back in the theatre with a bunch of strangers and leave with something in common. That's what I want to do and going to see a movie with [Allen] – I'm looking forward to that."
WETM says a band, called High Pines, was recently performing at Maloney's Pub, in Hammondsport, New York, when Jimmy Fallon walked in and asked to sing with them. Jimmy performed several songs. High Pines hopes to perform on his show in the near future
Entertainment Tonight says Oprah Winfrey held a surprise party for her ill father, Vernon, yesterday. She posted “So, I’ve been planning a backyard barbecue that’s actually more than a backyard barbecue, it’s for Vernon Winfrey Appreciation Day. Because my father is ill and so we wanted to be able to have all of his friends come and celebrate him while he is able to receive the joy, so that’s what we’re doing receiving the joy. He doesn’t even know this is for him. He thinks it’s a Fourth of July thing he doesn’t even know it’s for him.”
Ice Cream Survey
A new survey by I Love Ice Cream Cakes reveals that 32% of people say chocolate (32%) is their favorite ice cream flavor followed by vanilla (31%) and strawberry (29%). Other findings:
- 37% of people prefer ice cream in a cone
- 36% of people prefer ice cream in a cup
- 42% of people like topping their ice cream with crunchies
LAD Bible says a hangover pill has gone on sale in the UK. Myrkl is taken before a person drinks. The pill's website reads: “MYRKL helps breaking down alcohol fast before it reaches the liver, it is not suited and aimed to alleviate the impact of excess alcohol consumption. MYRKL must never be an excuse to drink more alcohol and you should always limit your alcohol consumption within the government guidelines.” It took 30 years for scientists to develop the pill.
Wedding Survey A new survey by YouGov reveals that 25% of people don't think they will ever meet the right person to marry. Other findings:
40% of unwed people want to get married
29% of unwed people are unsure whether or not they want to get married