- Mark Wahlberg tells WBZ that he hopes to make a movie about New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick. The biopic would chronicle Bill's life and rise to fame
- Mr. T Tweet of the Day: “I just received my 2nd Moderna booster vaccine, and I feel good! I am still going to wear my mask and keep my distance because the virus ain’t over, Fool! Grrr”
- The Daily Mail says Kim and Khloe Kardashian got booed by onlookers yesterday as they entered Jimmy Kimmel's studio for an interview. The Kardashians ignored the boos.
- The World Spider Catalog says they have now identified over 50,000 different species of spiders. They say there could be another 50,000 in the world they don't know about. Spiders consume 800 million tons of other insects every year.
- Axios says a helium shortage may affect the National Weather Service's ability to predict the weather. The service launches balloons twice a day at 100 locations nationwide. Without helium, the NWS will be unable to launch their balloons and warn people about storms.
- The NY Post says French luxury automaker Bugatti is recalling a $3 million 2018 Chiron vehicle because it has a loose screw. Federal safety officials were notified, "One of the screws that fastens the front frame support may be loose. A loose frame support may reduce the vehicle's structural protection in a crash, increasing the risk of injury." Only 70 Bugatti Chirons are produced each year.
- WLNS says KitKat is launching a new flavor called Blueberry Muffin. The candy bar tastes like blueberry cake batter with graham cracker cookie pieces folded into it
- Deadline Hollywood says Billy Crystal was doing an interview with Bob Costas for HBO Max when he called Will Smith's slap of Chris Rock an assault. "A most disturbing incident, for sure. It was an assault. I’ve had experiences. I hosted the Grammys three times and I’ve been thrown things.”
- The Daily Mail newspaper says Betty White's estate is going to be auctioned off. Over 1,500 pieces of clothing, jewelry and memorabilia will be sold in Beverly Hills in late September. A director's chair from The Golden Girls is expected to sell for $2,000 as is a Golden Girls pilot script.
The Northampton Chronicle says the Brewdog Brewery has launched a new Homer Simpson-inspired beer that's flavored with artisan donuts. The beer is called Project D and has hints of raspberry and chocolate. The IPA is available for a limited time through Brewdog's monthly beer club
A new survey by the Morning Consult reveals that Will Smith's favorability rating dropped from 80% to 50% after he slapped Chris Rock at the Oscars. Rock's favorability rating is 60%. Other findings:
- 66% of people found Smith's actions at the Academy Awards inappropriate
- 25% of people found Smith's actions at the Academy Award appropriate. 9% of people have no opinion
- 49% of people say Smith should have been removed from the awards ceremony
The Daily Express Newspaper says Jada Pinkett Smith's ex-boyfriend, August Alsina, is writing a memoir. Publishers are offering him a six-figure deal to talk about his relationship with Jada. A source tells the newspaper, ''He is getting ready to sign a big money book deal [detailing] his romantic liaisons with Jada. He has always maintained that Will gave him permission to sleep with Jada, something they have publicly denied. August could address how he spent time living in homes owned by Will when he was away filming. As well as speaking about their relationship at that time, August wants to open up about the aftermath of going public and how it affected him personally and his career. He knows there are a lot of people fascinated by his story and is happy to tell it.”
Extra TV says Will Smith's biggest fear is that he is going to be canceled because he slapped Chris Rock at the Oscars. A source tells the TV show, “He feels terrible and is trying not to panic, but seeing his roles put on ice has been a hugely bitter pill to swallow. His biggest fear is that he’s in the process of being fully canceled, and there’s nothing he can really do about it except sit back, suck up his punishment like a man and try to atone however he can. Chris Rock doesn’t want the Will Smith slap to define him and the rest of his career. It sucks that it is now part of his life forever.”
TMZ says Mark Wahlberg is selling his Beverly Hills estate for $87.5 million. The home has 30,000 square feet of living space as well as a movie theater, a professional gym, a library, a waterfall pool, a grotto, a tennis court, a basketball court, a private spa, a 5,000-bottle wine cellar and a five-hole golf course. Mark bought the land for the home for $8 million
Jeopardy host Mayim Bialik tells The Daily Beast that she does not know if CBS is planning a Big Bang Theory reunion. '' I have no idea! It’s Chuck Lorre’s universe, so he’s in charge of those kinds of things. I have nothing that I can reveal, but I also don’t know anything that I’m not supposed to reveal.''
The National Enquirer claims Ben Affleck's ex-wife, Jennifer Garner, is allegedly worried he's spending too much money on Jennifer Lopez. A source tells the magazine, “Jen’s worry is he’s spending way too much money to impress his girlfriend, and she hates the idea of him being taken advantage of. There is a growing view Ben’s living beyond his means right now, and the amount of cash flying out of his account isn’t matching what’s coming in. Jen still feels the need to look out for Ben the way she did when they were married.”
Elle Fanning tells Net-A-Porter magazine that a psychic recently told her that her famous sister, Dakota, came from outer space. "I'll call [psychics] and it's like a silly thing, but I use a different name. She was like, 'Your sister is an alien; she's a little further along than everyone else.' I'm from the past, which makes sense. I don't really feel like I fit into this TikTok time, where everything is on display. I love the feeling of mystery."
Survey: "Have you ever been to a psychic whose predictions or readings were dead-on? If so, what happened?" "Have you ever been to a psychic who was dead wrong? If so, what happened?"
9 News says Tom Hanks sent a typewriter to a Longmont, Colorado middle school.Teacher Courtney Pomeroy uses typewriters to get her students to think more about their words. She typed a letter to Tom before he replied and sent a typewriter back to Courtney and her class. The typewriter's name is Tom. Courtney says her students know Tom as Woody from Toy ''Story''.
Top Artists That Make You Stronger In The Gym ... According to a new survey by Pure Gym (percentage is how much stronger)
1 Dua Lipa – 37.93%
2 Harry Styles – 35.71%
3 BTS – 22.47%
4 Lizzo -13.58%
5 Eminem – 12.68%
6 Drake – 10.61%
7 Olivia Rodrigo – 10.27%
8 Beyonce – 9.93%
9 Doja Cat – 9.44%
10 Metallica – 8.33%
The Top 5 Artists To Listen To If You Want To Increase Your Reps ... ... According to a new survey by Pure Gym (percentage is how many more reps)
Harry Styles – 23.03%
Dua Lipa – 22.03%
Olivia Rodrigo – 6.07%
The Weeknd – 3.88%
Drake – 3.38%
Opening Day is today. A new survey by YouGov reveals that 36% of people say they have a favorite Major League Baseball team. Other findings:
- Most favorite teams ... New York Yankees (10%) followed by the Boston Red Sox (9%) and the Atlanta Braves (8%)
- 12% of people plan to attend a Major League Baseball game this season
- 79% of people say baseball is more a business than it is a sport
A new survey by the Pew Research Center reveals that 63% of singles say the coronavirus has made dating harder. Other findings:
- 56% of singles are not looking for a relationship
- 32% of singles are looking for a committed relationship
- 16% of singles are looking for casual dates
- 41% of singles will only go out with someone who is fully vaccinated
- only 2% of people would go on a date with someone who is not vaccinated
A new survey by the work management platform Asana reveals that office workers spend more than half their day doing busy work instead of the job they were hired to do. Other findings:
- Employees say they waste 5 hours a week doing busy work or attending pointless meetings
- 33% of workers say their attention span is shorter than it was a year ago
- 40% of workers feel burnout is inevitable
I recently started dating after being married for 14 years. Megan and I have gone out several times over the past few weeks. She called in tears yesterday and said she cheated on me. She and her girlfriends went out for Happy Hour last Friday. She got tipsy and hooked up with another guy she had been seeing. She said the next day she woke up and realized that she has feelings for me and not him. She apologized profusely and asked for another chance. I didn't see what the big deal was because it's not like we were exclusive. I respect her for coming forward and admitting what she did. My sister says 'once a cheater, always a cheater'. She thinks I should stay away from her. What do you think I should do?