Fonseca Trending 03/29/22
Academy Awards Trending
- The NY Post says Diddy got Will Smith and Chris Rock to reconcile after their Academy Awards fight. He says, “That’s not a problem. That’s over. I can confirm that. It’s all love. They’re brothers.”
- The NY Post says Will Smith attended the Vanity Fair Oscars after-party in Hollywood. The DJ played ''Gettin Jiggy Wit It'' and ''Miami'' as Will sang along. When asked about slapping Chris Rock, he said, "It's all love".
- OK! magazine claims Chris Rock had no idea Jada Pinkett Smith has alopecia when he made jokes about her at the Academy Awards on Sunday.
- The Daily Star says Chris Rock's joke about Jada Pinkett Smith was not approved by the organizers of the Academy Awards nor did he practice it during rehearsals.
- Variety magazine says sales for Chris Rock's comedy tour are soaring because of his incident at the Academy Awards with Will Smith. The lowest price tickets have risen from $46 to $341
- TVLine says Will Smith's Aunt Viv, from the TV show ''The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air'', is supporting his decision to slap Chris Rock at the Academy Awards. She posted; “So PROUD OF YOU! There is only so much one can take… sometimes you have to slap back. Celebrate the win… nothing else matters. Both actions were incorrect but Chris didn’t need to go there. Met him once… it was enough for me… very mean spirited.”
- The NY Post says 15 million people watched the Academy Awards on Sunday.The show was the second lowest rated Oscars telecast ever. The show was up from 10.4 million viewers in 2021.
- The Windy City Times says Elton John's Academy Awards viewing party raised $8.6 million dollars on Sunday night. Proceeds are going to his AIDS Foundation
- Alec Baldwin Tweet of the Day: “I am not reading much about how, or even if, the producers attended to Chris. But I love you, @chrisrock. And I’m sorry the Oscars turned into the Jerry Springer show.”
- Fox News says the average price for a gallon of gas in the U.S. has dropped six cents over the past two weeks to $4.37 a gallon
- NBC says the FDA is expected to authorize a second coronavirus booster shot this week for adults, 50 and over.
- Video Games Chronicle says Disney theme parks are now selling the new ''Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order'' lightsaber. Fans quickly purchased the $160 lightsaber and then scalped them on eBay for $450
- HITC says Cinnamon Toast Crunch Crocs went on sale yesterday. The clogs are tan and white and have cereal bowl pins on them. The Crocs smell like the cereal
Smith Apologizes To Rock: Uproxx says Will Smith publicly apologized to Chris Rock yesterday for slugging him at the Academy Awards. He Instagrammed ...
Violence in all of its forms is poisonous and destructive. My behavior at last night’s Academy Awards was unacceptable and inexcusable. Jokes at my expense are part of the job, but a joke about Jada’s medical condition was too much for me to bear and I reacted emotionally.
I would like to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I was out of line and I was wrong. I am embarrassed and my actions were not indicative of the man I want to be. There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness.
I would also like to apologize to the Academy, the producers of the show, all the attendees and everyone watching around the world. I would like to apologize to the Williams Family and my King Richard Family. I deeply regret that my behavior has stained what has been an otherwise gorgeous journey for all of us.
I am a work in progress.
Favorite Oscars Host... According to a new survey by Gold Derby
32% — none of them!
19% — Wanda Sykes
18% — Amy Schumer
17% — It’s a three-way tie!
14% — Regina Hall
NBC says Taylor Swift is going to receive an honorary doctorate from New York University. She is going to deliver the university's keynote speech during their May 18th graduation ceremony at Yankee Stadium. Taylor will be known as Dr. Taylor Swift after the ceremony
Jason Momoa tells Access Hollywood that he and Lisa Bonet are not reconciling. “We’re not back together. We’re family. … We have two beautiful children together. We’re not getting back together. We’re family forever”
Radar Online claims Jason Momoa was allegedly flirting with Kate Beckinsale at the Vanity Fair Oscars party. The website says the two were gazing into each other's eyes. Their friends were standing around waiting for them to finish flirting. Jason took off his suit jacket and gave it to Kate to wear. She was smiling from ear-to-ear.
E! News says Nick Lachey recently had a run-in with a paparazzo. He was on a date with his wife, Vanessa, when he reached inside the photographer's car and tried to snatch a phone from her hands. Words were exchanged. Nick Tweeted; "Last night, after enjoying a great dinner with my wife and our dear friend, the paparazzi harassed us as we walked back to our hotel. I clearly overreacted. I've been in this game long enough to know that their antics are sadly part of the deal. Stupid of me. Done."
In touch Weekly Magazine claims Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston are allegedly spending time together in France. A source tells the magazine, “It’s no coincidence that Brad and Jen are both in Paris at the same time. The pair have rekindled their romance… They’ve been holed up in the $25,000-a-night penthouse at the Four Seasons George V. They like lying low in Paris. She’s even been to Miraval undetected. They’re very covert, almost like they don’t want to jinx anything. They’re trying it for six months and seeing what happens. So far, so good. They’re older and wiser, and their love is stronger than it’s ever been. It feels right to them.”
TMZ says Anthony Anderson's wife, Alvina, is divorcing him after 22 years of marriage. The couple met while attending Howard University in 1989. They have two adult kids and once split back in 2015
TMZ says Katy Perry is selling her Beverly Hills estate for $19.5 million. The home has five bedrooms, a pool, a gym, a sauna, a cold plunge pool, private hiking trails and mountain views. Katy bought the home for $18 million
Favorite Easter Candies... According to a new survey by Finance Buzz
Reese's peanut butter eggs (24%)
Cadbury Creme Eggs (16%)
Chocolate bunnies (13%)
- 30% of people microwave their Easter Peeps
- 3% of people have no clue what a marshmallow Peep is
Most Annoying Office Jargon... According to a new survey by the communications firm Enreach
Blue Sky Thinking .. 27%
think outside the box ... 26%
low-hanging fruit and touch base ... each 23%
A new survey by Travelodge reveals that 10% of people are sleeping on a mattress that is 20 years-old or older. Other findings:
- 40% of people sleep on a mattress that is so uncomfortable they can feel the springs coming through.
- 40% of people say their mattress squeaks at night
- 45% of people have kept a mattress until it came apart
Most Stressed States ... According to a new survey by Wallethub based on 41 key indicators including work-related stress, money related stress, family related stress and health-related stress, among other things
3 New Mexico
4 West Virginia
Least Stressed States ... According to a new survey by Wallethub based on 41 key indicators including work-related stress, money related stress, family related stress and health-related stress, among other things
3 South Dakota
5 New Hampshire
7 North Dakota
10 New Jersey
Will Smith and Chris Rock's confrontation at the Academy Awards opened old wounds between my husband and I. We were out a month ago when a man made an inappropriate comment to me at a bar and restaurant. Instead of defending me, my husband tried to diffuse the situation and ushered us out of the building. I was furious because he refused to stand up for me. He said it would have only made things worse and escalated the situation. Whatever happened to chivalry? Should my husband have stood up for me and said something or was his approach the right one? I want a Will Smith not a wimp!