Fonseca Tending 08/11/22
- The Streamable says the NFL and Amazon are negotiating to broadcast a Black Friday game beginning in 2023. The game would become an annual event much like the NFL's Thanksgiving Day games
- PR Newswire says Orange Theory Fitness is trying to capitalize on pumpkin spice lattes by offering a PSL class. The class has nothing to do with the pumpkin spice latte, but rather involves the following exercises … (P)ress, (S)quats and (L)unges
- WMTW says a Bud Light truck overturned yesterday on I-71 in Louisville, Kentucky. Thousands of cans of Bud Light spilled onto the roadway and median. No one was injured Traffic was backed up as crews removed the cans.
- The Daily Mail says Samsung is about to launch its most expensive smartphone.The Galaxy Z Fold 4 costs $2,467. The phone flips open like a mini laptop and offers dual screen capability
- Front Office Sports says the jersey Michael Jordan wore in Game 1 of the 1998 NBA Finals is going to be auctioned off. The jersey is expected to sell for $5 million.
- Mashable says Naver Labs has created a robot that can assemble IKEA furniture and chairs. Scientists are also teaching the robot how to play ping pong.
Best Job Ever ... Watching Sunsets And Drinking Beer: The Independent Tribune says Leinenkugel Beer is hiring a new employee to watch sunsets. The job is being offered to promote their new Sunset Wheat flavor, which has hints of blueberry and citrus. The job pays $10,000 and requires the new employee to drink Leinenkugel's and watch Wisconsin sunsets while livestreaming. People can apply for the job by tagging a video to Leinenkugel's Instagram account.
WGTC says Sony Pictures is developing a new Karate Kid movie. The movie will follow a 17 year old Beijing student as he moves to Brooklyn with his mother. The student, Li, meets a local pizzeria owner before learning karate from him.
Entertainment Tonight says the Beach Boys were recently playing a show in Los Angeles when John Stamos dedicated the song ''Forever'' to the late Bob Saget.A montage of moments from their show ''Full House'' played in the background as he sang the song.
Totally the Bomb says a company, called The Cryptic Closet, is selling a new Danny DeVito fanny pack called Fanny DeVito. The pack features Danny's smiling face on the front and fake, black hair on the sides. Like Danny's head, the top of the pack is bare and has no hair. The fanny pack was selling for $35 before it sold out yesterday.
TMZ says Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck have finally found a place to call home.They are going to live at Jennifer's Bel-Air, California home once it is done being remodeled. The remodel is expected to take a year. Ben and Jen are renting a $60 million Beverly Hills mansion in the meantime.
Perez Hilton says Kim Kardashian still wants to get married, but not to Pete Davidson. A source tells the website, “Kim wants to get married again and Pete wants to have kids — none of that has changed. It just wasn’t meant for it to be with each other. There truly wasn’t drama between them when they decided to separate. It was something they talked through; it wasn’t a sudden breakup. They each have busy schedules and the distance made it hard. Kim travels a ton and it was hard for Pete to keep up, especially with his filming schedule.”
NME magazine says Rebel Wilson honored fellow Australian Olivia Newton-John yesterday with the following post: @therealonj , you were the most gorgeous lady inside and out, you are a true Aussie icon and to play your daughter on screen in A FEW BEST MEN was beyond an honour. Seeing you star in the huge Hollywood blockbuster GREASE with your natural accent was so instrumental to me as a little girl, helping me to believe that it was possible for an Aussie girl to star in huge international musicals. You were the reason I auditioned for my high school production of GREASE at 15 - I was only in the chorus, but it was a start! You tried to teach me about health years before I took it seriously. You were so kind to me and it was such a blessing to know you Olivia. I’ll never forget us singing at the piano in our lunch break on set together - what a complete legend you are! I am so sad you are gone Love and Light always to you ONJ, Rebel xoxo
Steve Martin tells The Hollywood Reporter that he may retire when his Hulu show, “Only Murders in the Building,” ends. “When this television show is done, I’m not going to seek others. I’m not going to seek other movies. I don’t want to do cameos. This is, weirdly, it. My wife keeps saying, ‘You always say you’re going to retire and then you always come up with something'. I’m really not interested in retiring. I’m not. But I would just work a little less. Maybe.”
Variety magazine says Kevin Hart is releasing a new self-help audiobook titled “Monsters and How to Tame Them: Taking Charge of the Voices in Your Head.'' Kevin will teach fans how to live their best lives and quiet the negative voices inside their heads. He says, “I already know you guys probably got one of these annoying inner monsters on your back, too. I’m gonna give a quick lesson on how to deal with them.”
Lisa Kudrow tells The Daily Beast that Jerry Seinfeld once took credit for the success of "Friends". “I remember going to some party and Jerry Seinfeld was there, and I said, ‘Hi,’ and he said, ‘You’re welcome'. I said, ‘Why, thank you … what?' He said, “You’re on after us in the summer, and you’re welcome.” Not to take anything away from the writing on Friends, or the cast, or how good Friends really was. But the first season our ratings were just fine.”
A new survey posted by the South Florida Reporter reveals that 87% of people have tried a S'more. Other findings:
- 31% of people make S'mores on a grill
- 31% of people make S'mores over a campfire
- 41% of people in large cities have never tasted a S'more
Empty Nester Survey
A new survey by Neighbor.com reveals that 71% of empty-nesters remodel their home after their child moves out. Other findings:
- 24% of empty-nesters renovate right away
- 30% of empty-nesters renovate their child's former bedroom
- 61% of empty-nesters try to renovate themselves rather than hiring a contractor
10 Signs You're A Cheapskate … According to a new survey by Finance Buzz
1. You steal dishes when you go out to eat.
2. You would rather risk heat exhaustion than turn on the AC
3. You wear clothes until they’re threadbare
4. You return clothing you’ve worn
5. You don’t believe in single-use anything
6. You do the smell test in lieu of washing clothes
7. You leave every restaurant with a pocketful of Splenda
8. You eat yourself sick at buffets
9. You take more than your fair share at office parties
10. You DIY literally everything
My five year old son is incredibly independent. He is excited about the new school year and already wants to pick out his own school clothes. My husband and I let him do that several times. It's been a hilarious disaster. We don't want to stifle his independence or creativity, but nothing he picks out matches and we are worried he may get picked on and bullied. My husband says we should allow it to happen because it will teach him a lesson and help him grow thicker skin. I think we should save him from himself. What's the right thing to do? Should we allow him to pick out his own clothes or not?