- WHBF says cities that are experiencing drought are canceling their Fourth of July fireworks celebrations because they don't want fireworks starting brush fires
- A new survey by Dog TV reveals that 75% of dogs experience stress and anxiety during fireworks shows.
- CNBC says Amazon plans to hold a second Prime Day shopping event later this year. It will be the first time Amazon holds two shopping events exclusively for Prime members in the same year. The "Prime Fall deal event" doesn't have an official date yet
- Forbes Magazine says the man who founded Ray-Ban, Oakley and Sunglass Hut, Leonardo Delvecchio, died yesterday at the age of 87. He is worth $ 24.8 billion. His estate is going to be split among his six children. Ironically, yesterday was National Sunglasses Day
- Fox Business News says Chick-fil-A is testing express drive-through lanes. The lanes are for people, who order food from the company's mobile app
- Delish magazine says California Taco Bell restaurants are testing Cheez-It-dusted tostadas and crunch wraps
- The Daily Mail says Bill Gates has purchased a 17th -century complex in Rome called the Palazzo Marini. He is going to convert it to a six-star hotel. Bill gave the current owners a $21 million down payment.
- Pop Culture magazine says comedian Carol Burnett is going to guest star on the final episodes of ''Better Call Saul''. The series returns on Monday, July 11th on AMC
Flower Cup Summer Challenge Trending On Tik-Tok: The Star claims the Flower Cup Summer Challenge is trending on Tik-Tok. It involves men filming themselves giving flowers to women. Men get two points for giving a daisy and 10 points for giving a red rose. They are competing to see, who can score the most points this Summer. Women love the challenge and are posting pictures of their flowers online
Fourth Of July Cookout Costs Are Rising: The American Farm Bureau Federation says the cost of this year's Fourth of July cookout is $69.68. That's up 17% from last year. Cost of individual items followed by how much they have increased in price since last year due to inflation
2 pounds of ground beef, $11.12 (+36%)
2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, $8.99 (+33%)
32 ounces of pork & beans, $2.53 (+33%)
3 pounds of center cut pork chops, $15.26 (+31%)
2.5 quarts of fresh-squeezed lemonade, $4.43 (+22%)
2.5 pounds of homemade potato salad, $3.27 (+19%)
8 hamburger buns, $1.93 (+16%)
Half-gallon of vanilla ice cream, $5.16 (+10%)
13-ounce bag of chocolate chip cookies, $4.31 (+7%)
2 pints of strawberries, $4.44 (-16%)
1 pound of sliced cheese, $3.53 (-13%)
16-ounce bag of potato chips, $4.71 (-4%)
PopTopic claims Disney is allegedly thinking about offering Johnny Depp a new contract to return as Captain Jack Sparrow in the ''Pirates of the Caribbean'' franchise. A source tells the website, "Disney is very interested in patching up their relationship with Johnny Depp. They reached out to the actor prior to his defamation trial against Amber Heard and asked whether he would be interested in returning for another Pirates film or two. I know corporate sent him a gift basket with a very heartfelt letter, but I`m unsure how it was received. But what I can tell you is that the studio has already penned up a draft for a film about Jack Sparrow -- so they are very hopeful that Johnny will forgive them and return as his iconic character"
Radar Online claims Michael Jackson's ghost visited Latoya Jackson and her former partner, Jeffre Phillips. The couple saw Michael's ghost while staying at his estate. A source tells the website, “They said Michael visited them dressed in the white pearl beads that Michael wore when he was laid to rest. They claimed, ‘The lights were out, and Michael appeared in the curtains.’ It was just his face, and then he began to move. His eyes were open and he appeared peaceful, but then he vanished. He came again, and this time, it revealed more of him – down to his shoulders. LaToya said she turned the lights on and asked, ‘Michael, do you wish to go to the other side?’”
Decider magazine says the producers of Jeopardy hope to name a permanent host in the coming weeks. Executive producer Michael Davies says, “We hope to have a hosting announcement very, very soon, But with all of our plans for Jeopardy! — which is more Jeopardy!, not less, more versions —we’re going to need multiple hosts to represent the entire audience, to represent the entire country, in order to take this franchise forward.”
Gizmodo says a $15 million Carrollwood, Florida home has gone on sale and is making headlines because it has a Star Wars Millennium Falcon-themed home theater. The home is around the corner from Disney World. It has seven bedrooms, a resort pool, a waterfall and a Swarovski Crystal chandelier. The highlight of the home is the Millennium Falcon theater. The theater looks exactly like the Falcon from the Star Wars films and has a giant movie screen and plush leather seating. The HOA fees are $25,000
Christian Bale tells Screen Rant that he is open to doing another Batman movie. ''I had a pact with Chris Nolan. We said, “Hey, look. Let’s make three films, if we’re lucky enough to get to do that. And then let’s walk away. Let’s not linger too long.” In my mind, it would be something if Chris Nolan ever said to himself, “You know what, I’ve got another story to tell.” And if he wished to tell that story with me, I’d be in.''
The Drinks Business website says Breaking Bad stars Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are showing up at Costco stores around the country to hand out samples of their mezcal brand, Dos Hombres. The two are even wearing Costco name badges that say Bryan and Aaron
The Star says Liam Neeson's friends and family want him to start dating again. A source tells the magazine, “They are all trying to convince him to try online dating, but he insists it’s not for him. He says there is no way you can tell who a person is by reading what they wrote about themselves. They’d like nothing more than to see their dad happy.”
E! News says Chris Pratt loves being a Girl Dad. They quote him as saying, "I definitely felt like now's the time to really work on that connection with Lyla and it's been fantastic. We spend hours together every day and just play and dance and do dance parties. I'm a total girl-dad. I love it."
Ace Showbiz says 64 year old Dolph Lundgren hopes to marry his 25 year old fiance, Emma, in Norway next year. He says, "Hopefully next year, we're gonna go to Scandinavia, and you can't do it in the winter or you'll be in the middle of a snowstorm. So hopefully we'll do it maybe next spring or something in Norway or Sweden." Dolph has a daughter, who is 26
July 4th Survey
A new survey by Wallethub reveals that Americans are spending $1.4 billion on beer and wine for July 4th. Other findings:
- 57% of Americans say inflation is affecting their Fourth of July plans
- 50% of Americans are spending less money this Summer than last Summer due to inflation
- 65% of Americans make an effort to buy American-made products
- Americans will spend $7.7 billion on food for their Fourth of July celebration
- over 150 million hot dogs will be eaten this holiday weekend
- Americans plan to spend $2.4 billion on their July 4th fireworks
A new survey by Experian reveals that 33% of people have turned down a wedding invite because they could not afford to go to the wedding. Other findings:
- The average cost to attend a wedding is $696.
- 50% of couples feel pressure to offer a free bar and drinks at their wedding
A new survey by Alpha Lion reveals that 60% of people think they have what it takes to be an action movie star. Other findings:
- 57% of people say watching their favorite action flick inspires them to work out.
- 47% of people think they could hold their own on NBC's ''Wipeout'' and Nickelodeon's ''Double Dare''
- 35% of people listen to music when they exercise. Most popular music includes rock (29%), pop (29%), rap/hip-hop (25%) and R&B (25%), while musical theater (17%) and movie soundtracks (17%)
Top 15 Office Gripes ... According to a new survey by The Workplace Depot
1. IT issues
2. Computers being slow
3. People speaking loudly
4. People who have conversations right behind your desk
5. People who leave dirty dishes in the work sink
6. When someone calls in sick when you know they aren’t ill
7. Smelly toilets
8. Printers breaking down
9. People coming into work when ill
10. People who take things from your desk without asking
11. People not cleaning the microwave when their food spills
12. Computers crashing
13. Filthy toilets
14. Not being able to wear comfy clothes
15. Someone sucking up to the boss
My wedding planning has turned into a disaster. My father wants to bring his girlfriend. She's five years older than me and responsible for the breakup of my parents' marriage. I told him I don't want her there. He said he should be able to bring her because he's paying for the wedding and she is now part of our family. I don't see it that way. Should he be allowed to bring her?