Fonseca Best of Calls:
- The Asbury Park Press says Bon Jovi is releasing a holiday song. They released a statement saying, “We’ve got an early Christmas present for you! Our new original holiday song, 'Christmas Isn’t Christmas,' is out this Friday"
- US Weekly says Jimmy Fallon and Meghan Trainor have recorded a holiday song together called "Wrap Me Up." Fallon describes the song as a "bop" and a "banger." It will be released on Friday
- OK! Magazine says Meghan Markle is set to pursue a career path similar to Oprah Winfrey’s. She wants to host her own talk show and expand her lifestyle brand.
- Page Six says Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and his pregnant wife, Lauren, have revealed the gender of their third child. The couple took to Instagram and posted; "SO EXCITED WE'RE HAVING A LITTLE GIRL!!! MARCH 2024."
- Screen Rant says “Young Sheldon” will be ending after Season 7. The series finale is set to air on Thursday, May 16th
- The Daily Meal says Costco is now selling an entire keg of Fireball Whisky.Priced at $69.99, the keg contains 1.3 gallons of whisky, which is the equivalent of 115 shots.
- Giant Freakin Robot says Slimer, the green ghost from Ghostbusters, is getting his own energy drink. EHPLabs says the Slimer drink tastes like tropical lime. There will also be a Proton Plasma drink that tastes like tangerines and a Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man-flavored drink.
- Totally The Bomb says General Mills is adding a vanilla créme filling to three popular cereals. The new "Loaded" cereals will include Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cocoa Puffs, and Trix. The sweet vanilla filling will be available on grocery store shelves in January.
- WKRC says Arby's has introduced the "Good Burger 2 Meal" to commemorate the upcoming release of "Good Burger 2." The meal includes an Arby's Deluxe Wagyu Steakhouse Burger, a strawberry shake, and fries. The film will premiere on November 22nd on Paramount+.
- The NY Post says a recent study by the North China University of Science and Technology reveals that men let their female partners win in competitions to avoid conflict. The researchers concluded that men intentionally let their partners win to maintain their romantic relationship.
Why You Should Only Eat Between 9am And 7 pm: The Daily Mail says eating only between 9am and 7pm can make you happier, less hungry, and more energetic. A study conducted by King's College London reveals that fasting for 14 hours a day can lead to positive changes in mood, energy, and hunger levels. Participants in the study reported higher energy levels and less hunger when following a 10-hour eating window.
Olivia Rodrigo tells People magazine that it is insane to have six Grammy nominations. “Yeah. So insane. It's just such an honor and such a pleasure to be recognized by the music community in such an incredible way. I'm very grateful. Honestly, sometimes that's more exciting than you getting nominated. [You are] just so proud of everyone that you love.”
Dua Lipa tells Capital FM that she loves Olivia Rodrigo. "So cute! I love Olivia. I think she’s so cool and just super, super talented and sweet."
Miley Cyrus tells Rolling Stone magazine that Los Angeles inspires her. "In L.A., there's a certain energy to the night that you can kind of feel trouble boil up to the surface and it's very inspiring to me."
Billie Eilish tells Vanity Fair magazine that her experience with self-discovery has changed her perspective on life. "I feel like for a lot of my life, and so many people's lives, we're taught that we have this 'much' time left – but we don't. We have way more or, like, way less. I definitely hit a moment this year where I was like, 'Why not just push everything back and live for longer?' You can create so much more life by not assuming there's some sort of clock ticking on it. Everything has worked out in every kind of way.
Selena Gomez tells JustJared.com that she used to act like a little businesswoman. "I was 15, just about to turn 16. I was super excited and nervous because I really wanted to be part of high fashion, so I would wear the dresses and stilettos and people were making fun of me! So I'd come down with my hair waved with a dress on, acting like I was a little businesswoman."
TMZ says Will Smith's rep is denying a recent allegation that Will and Duane Martin had an affair years ago. A man claiming to be a former friend/assistant to Will, known as Brother Bilaal, made these allegations in an interview. Will’s rep called the claim "unequivocally false" and stated that the story is completely fabricated. Will is reportedly considering taking legal action in response to the remarks.
USA Today says Matt LeBlanc has posted a touching tribute to Matthew Perry on Instagram. It reads: "It is with a heavy heart I say goodbye. The times we had together are honestly among the favorite times of my life. It was an honor to share the stage with you and to call you my friend. I will always smile when I think of you and I'll never forget you. Never. Spread your wings and fly brother you're finally free. Much love. And I guess you're keeping the 20 bucks you owe me.’’
Page Six says Courteney Cox shared a touching tribute to Matthew Perry yesterday. It reads: “I am so grateful for every moment I had with you Matty and I miss you every day. To give a little backstory, Chandler and Monica were supposed to have a one night fling in London. But because of the audience’s reaction, it became the beginning of their love story. In this scene, before we started rolling, he whispered a funny line for me to say. He often did things like that. He was funny and he was kind.’’
Brobible says Travis Kelce’s new Christmas song is being released today. He recorded it with his brother, Jason, and other members of the Philadelphia Eagles. The song is about two people fighting, but then loving each other. NFL fans and Swifties are expected to make the song a chart topper.
KRFO says Adam Sandler recently surprised fans at a movie screening in Lakeville, Minnesota. The comedian, who was promoting his new Netflix film "Leo," interacted with the crowd. Sandler, who voices the main character in the animated movie, also helped write the project.
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes tells ESPN that he wears the same pair of red underwear on game days. “First, my wife Brittany got them for me. At the same time, I threw them on that first season. We had a pretty good season that season. I only wear them for game day though, so they’re not too worn down. They’re not like these nasty — I clean them.”
OJ Simpson tells the It Is What It Is sports podcast that he dates college age women with granddaddy issues. "This was from New Hampshire, it was one I liked, so I've got to say I did like her. It wasn't a fleeting thing, I mean it lasted at least three days...she had to go back to school," Simpson responded, with laughs from the hosts.
The National Enquirer says Kelly Clarkson's shocking weight loss has allegedly raised concerns among her close friends. A source says, “Kelly is hardly eating. There's a reason she's lost so much weight so quickly — and it seems to be making her sick. She's tired all the time, complaining of stomach issues and even getting dizzy spells. It's very scary.’’
Thirsty for News says Michael Jordan’s son, Marcus, has settled a six-figure lawsuit over credit card debt. American Express took legal action against Marcus and his company, Heir LLC, after he allegedly refused to pay a $157,000 bill. Marcus reached a settlement, agreeing to pay off the debt in multiple monthly payments
TMSPN says Tom Brady was spotted having dinner with NFL sideline reporter Erin Andrews in Beverly Hills. The meeting was strictly professional since Andrews is married. Radar Online says Irina Shayk is reportedly trying to get back together with Tom. Shayk wants to salvage her relationship with the retired NFL quarterback and is desperate not to lose him like she allegedly lost Bradley Cooper.
People Magazine says Gwyneth Paltrow recently revealed that her husband, Brad Falchuk, reminds her of her father. She says, “He has things that were reminiscent of my dad. It’s like blue-eyed, Jewish, TV writer, with a heart of gold and a great sense of humor. I finally chose my dad.’’
TooFab says Sharon Osbourne claims Whitney Houston accused her of trying to sleep with Bobby Brown. The accusations were made during rehearsals for the VH1 Diva Duets show in 2003. Osbourne says Whitney confronted her while she was hosting the event. She diffused the situation by giving her a diamond ring. Osbourne had no interest in Bobby because she was already married to Ozzy at the time.
The Wrap says "Brady Bunch" star Barry Williams, aka Greg Brady, was inspired by his TV mom, Florence Henderson, to join "Dancing With the Stars." He visited the set in 2010 and became hooked. Barry then promised Henderson that he would give the show a shot.
Sexy Bald Guy Survey A new survey by Reboot reveals that 90% of women find bald men attractive. Other findings:
- 75% of men believe their hair loss affects their dating life.
- top-ranked balding men … Prince William, Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, Samuel L Jackson and Jeff Bezos
Top Acceptable Items To Re-Gift ... According to a new article by MSN
1. Unopened bottles of wine or champagne
2. Non-personalized gift cards
3. Books or DVDs that are in great condition
4. Unused kitchen gadgets or appliances
5. Unopened beauty or grooming products
6. Home decor items that are unopened or still in their original packaging
7. Unworn clothing or accessories with tags still attached
8. Non-perishable gourmet food or specialty items
9. New board games or puzzles
10. Artwork or framed photographs that aren't personalized or specific to the recipient.
A new survey by the cleaning company Maid Brigade reveals that the average person spends nearly 300 hours a year cleaning their home. Other findings:
- The average person spends over five hours a week cleaning their home.
- 39% of people say cleaning takes up a good chunk of their week
- 52% of people admit to falling behind in cleaning their home
A new survey by the Pew Research Center reveals that 55% of workers rank their boss as "excellent" or "very good". 56% of workers say a strong workplace culture is more important than salary.
A new survey by Mattress Firm reveals that 50% of people would give up the Internet for a year in exchange for better sleep. Other findings:
- 43% of people would give up their phone for better sleep
- 41% of people would give up their car for better sleep
- 37% of people would give up a promotion at work for better sleep
- 57% of people experience the "Winter blues" during the Winter months
A mother confronted me in the school drop off line this morning. She was mad because I sent my son to school yesterday and the day before even though he was sick. He tested negative for covid. She said no parent in their right mind sends a sick child to school. I disagree. I think it toughens them up. A 6-year-old boy needs to learn how to fight through adversity. Keeping a kid at home when they're sick with a cold is coddling them. That's no good. The other mother disagrees and says I was being irresponsible because other kids could get sick. They need to in order to build up their immunity. Was I wrong for sending my kid to school? I'd like to hear from parents and see what they have to say. I'm not raising a snowflake.