Today's Fonseca Show Best of Calls:
- Deadline Hollywood says the actor’s strike has ended. The actors and the studios have reached a tentative deal on a new contract, bringing an end to the 118-day strike.
- Page Six says Travis Kelce will be traveling to Argentina to join Taylor Swift on her international Eras Tour. Kelce will make the trip during the Chiefs’ bye week and will return to the United States in time for his team's next game
- Marketing Dive says Kraft is launching a campaign to make "moist" the Word of the Year. The campaign plans to boost the word’s online visibility with Twitch livestreams, on-the-street canvassers, and paid social ads. Kraft Real Mayo hopes "mayo freaks" promote the polarizing word
- Giant Freakin Robot says the ‘’Scarface’’ remake is officially dead. Luca Guadagnino was set to direct the film, but says he is no longer working on the project.
- A new survey by DatingAdvice.com reveals that 70% of people are comfortable attending a New Year's party alone this year. 25% of people will always show up to a holiday dinner no matter how long
- A new study by Frequent Business Traveler reveals that 57% of people use their smartphone in the bathroom. Mobile phones have ten times more bacteria than a typical toilet seat.
- A new study by the University of Western Australia reveals that women prefer men who are risk-takers for flings. However, for long-term relationships, women are less attracted to these risk-takers.
- Delish Magazine says Dr Pepper has released a new limited-edition spicy soda called Dr Pepper Hot Take. It is described as sweet and spicy, with a heat that lingers in your throat.
TMZ says Britney Spears' Kentwood, Louisiana childhood home, which is currently for sale for $1.2 million, has a door with a message that reads; "Christina sucks, Brit rules". The door is expected to be auctioned off and could sell for as much as $30,000.
Billie Eilish tells Allure magazine that she feels best when she steps out of the shower. "I watch things that bring me comfort, swim in my pool, but I feel best right out of the shower with my lotions and my smells and I’m in a clean environment."
Page Six says Taylor Swift has arrived in Argentina for her Eras Tour shows.Travis Kelce is not with her
Dua Lipa tells the New York Times THAT she's extremely organized. "If I wasn’t as organized as I am, I would be a mess right now."
Usher tells CNN that the message of his Super Bowl halftime show is unity. "I’ll be celebrating a multitude of things. I’m celebrating the places I’ve gone. I’m celebrating the inspirations. I’m celebrating the music. I’m celebrating the dance. I’m celebrating the idea of this momentous moment for all the entertainers who played it before and how they managed to bring the world together."
HollywoodLife.com says Zac Efron would be "honored" to play Matthew Perry in a biopic. The two actors worked together on the film '17 Again'. Zac looked up to Perry as a mentor. Perry had previously mentioned wanting Zac to play him in a biopic. Zac says, “He was a mentor to me, and we made a really cool film together. I looked up to him. I learned comedic timing from that guy. I mean, when we were filming 17 Again, it was so surreal for me to look across and have him be there, because I’ve learned so much from him, from his whole life. I’m honored to hear he was thinking of me to play him. We’ll see. I’d be honored to do it.”
The News International says Justin Timberlake is planning a scathing response to Britney Spears' memoir. A source tells the site, “His plan isn’t to just ignore it, He will have his say. And that yes, his recollection of events that happened 20+ years ago differ quite a bit from Brit’s account. But he is currently not prepared to go there. At some point, he’ll be ready to talk, but how specific he’ll get into recounting past events remains to be unseen. Many people would like to see him stay above it and not get down to the granularity of it all.''
Page Six says Kelly Ripa is trying to set up her 26-year-old son, Michael, with 65-year-old Sharon Stone. Ripa says both of her sons find Stone attractive. Ripa jokingly offered Stone the opportunity to be her daughter-in-law. Stone usually dates men who are at least 45 years old.
BroBible says Travis Kelce's brother, Jason, was a finalist for People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive. When told he lost to Patrick Dempsey, the Philadelphia Eagles star said, “I’m not even the sexiest man in my family, let alone the sexiest man alive. I mean, what are we talking about here?”
TMSPN says Taylor Swift can outdrink Travis Kelce. The site claims she allegedly can consume two full bottles of champagne without a problem. TMSPN says it’s almost as if "she has a wooden leg."
Thirsty for News says Gwyneth Paltrow may return to acting because of Robert Downey Jr. She says her current job at Goop makes it hard to pursue acting, but hinted that Downey could convince her to come back for another Marvel movie
RadarOnline says Matthew Perry was allegedly unhappy in his final days before his death. He felt unworthy compared to his successful and beautiful co-stars. The site claims Perry was miserable, depressed, and struggled with his appearance and career.
The Daily Mail says Mike Tyson recently flew to Poland to buy 100 pigeons from a local breeder. Tyson has a long-standing love for pigeons. He found solace in caring for them during his childhood. The birds will require a vaccination before being exported to the U.S..
Page Six says "Good Burger" star Kel Mitchell has been hospitalized in Los Angeles. Mitchell was admitted to the emergency room on Tuesday night. He was awake and alert upon arrival and is still receiving treatment. Representatives for Mitchell have not yet commented on his condition.
AMERICANS’ TOP TV SHOWS/SERIES … According to a new survey by Tubi
“Law & Order” - 28%
“Family Guy” - 26%
“The Masked Singer” - 24%
“The Simpsons” - 24%
“Yellowstone” - 19%
“Westworld” - 15%
“Stranger Things” - 14%
“90210” - 12%
“Ted Lasso” - 12%
“Succession” - 11%
AMERICANS’ TOP MOVIES/MOVIE FRANCHISES ... According to a new survey by Tubi
“John Wick” - 31%
“Avengers/Marvel Cinematic Universe” - 26%
“The Super Mario Bros. Movie” - 24%
“Avatar” - 20%
“Batman” - 16%
“X-Men” - 15%
“Fast & Furious” - 13%
“The Texas Chain Saw Massacre” - 13%
“Jurassic Park” - 13%
“Harry Potter” - 12%
Dating Deal Breaker Survey
A new survey by the streaming service Tubi reveals that 45% of people say having different movie tastes than their partner is a relationship deal breaker. Other findings:
- 57% of people say streaming a movie or TV series on a first date is acceptable
- 93% of people from Alaska watch holiday movies throughout the year.
Six Signs You're Addicted To Caffeine ... According to a new article by LAD Bible
Grumpy morning moods
Lack of concentration
You need MORE
A jittery mess
You can't do without it
Top 10 Unhealthiest Sodas Ranked By Sugar Content ... According to a new article by Eat This, Not That!
1. Crush Pineapple: 85 grams of sugar per 20-ounce bottle
2. Crush Peach: 83 grams
3. Sunkist Fruit Punch: 80 grams
4. Fanta Pineapple: 80 grams
5. Mug Cream Soda: 79 grams
6. Mello Yello: 78 grams
7. Mountain Dew: 77 grams
8. Mountain Dew Live Wire: 77 grams
9. Mountain Dew Voltage: 76 grams
10. Fanta Mango: 76 grams
Top Holiday Party Mistakes Guests Make … According to etiquette experts at MSN
1. Arriving late
2. Wearing inappropriate attire
3. Forgetting to RSVP
4. Bringing a surprise guest
5. Not observing dietary restrictions
6. Overindulging in alcohol
7. Interrupting conversations
8. Not engaging in conversation
9. Using your phone too much
10. Leaving without saying goodbye
A new survey by Advanced Dermatology reveals that 15% of people regret a tattoo six months after getting it. That number jumps to 51% after two years. Other findings:
- People ages 30 to 40 are the most likely to have a tattoo removed
- The most regretted tattoo locations are … the forearm, followed by the bicep and the chest.
I was tossed out of my health club the other day because I was wearing a sports bra and yoga pants. The manager pulled me aside and said several people came up to him and said they were offended by my outfit. I work hard on my body and like showing it off. I don't think there's anything wrong with displaying my stomach. As we were arguing, two guys in their twenties walked by and started laughing. Their bellies were hanging over their shorts. Their stomachs were exposed because their shirts couldn't cover them. I told the manager that they offended me because their stomachs were showing. I told him it's a double standard. He disagreed and said it's two different things. Is it? Why is my outfit unacceptable and theirs wasn't? Someone explain this to me. What do you think? Was I unfairly tossed out? Is the club discriminating against me? Should I have gotten booted? Did I do anything wrong?