Todays, Fonseca Show Best of Calls:
- The NY Post says Matthew Perry did not have meth or fentanyl in his system at the time of his death. More tests are being conducted to determine the official cause of death. This may take months.
- Cher is going to perform at this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. She will be the opening act before Santa's arrival.
- Inspire Stories says Baskin-Robbins has a new Thanksgiving-inspired flavor called Turkey Day Fixin's. It combines sweet potato and autumn spice ice creams with honey cornbread pieces and swirls of cranberry sauce. The ice cream is available for a limited time
- NBC says an 80-foot-tall Norway spruce, from Binghamton, New York, has been chosen as this year's Rockefeller Center Christmas tree. The tree will be cut down on November 9th and transported to New York City on November 11th. It will be adorned with 50,000 lights and a star.
- The Sun says Christmas light displays have been canceled in various cities around the world due to budget cuts. The cancellations are the result of inflation and the high cost of living
- Variety Magazine says Marvel is in talks to bring back the original Avengers cast, including Robert Downey Jr. and Scarlett Johansson both of whom were killed off in “Endgame.” Marvel has not committed to the idea yet due to the high salary demands. Downey might want more than $25 million
- Fortune Magazine says Britney Spears' memoir, "The Woman in Me," sold 1.1 million copies in its first week out. This book had the second-fastest debut of the year behind Prince Harry's memoir.
- NBC says the Texas Rangers won their first World Series title in the team's 63-year history last night. They defeated the Arizona Diamondbacks in Game 5 by the score of 5-0.
Mobile Phone Use = Lower Sperm Count: The Daily Mail says a new study by the University of Geneva reveals that men who frequently use their mobile phones have a 21% lower sperm count than non-frequent users. Researchers believe that the electromagnetic radiation emitted by mobile phones may be responsible for the decline in ‘swimmers’. Doctors are advising men to be conscious of their mobile phone use.
Usher tells NBC that he will serenade Taylor Swift if she attends the Super Bowl. Usher is headlining the Halftime Show
Life & Style Weekly says Beyonce’s daughter, Blue Ivy, is earning $40,000 per show on her world tour. A source says, “Blue earns $40,000 per show, which is 100 times more than most dancers make. But she’s become a draw herself. Some fans bought tickets just to see Blue dance with her mom.”
Variety Magazine says Olivia Rodrigo will perform at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony tomorrow at Brooklyn's Barclays Center. She will be singing with Sheryl Crow.
Dua Lipa tells Billboard magazine that embracing her "pop girl energy" has been empowering. "I feel like now I'm using it to my advantage and making people get really familiar with it, because it doesn't belong to anyone else. So the way I see it is this pop girl energy is mine and I can empower myself with that, and if you can empower yourself by using another woman's strength then so be it."
Miley Cyrus tells Vogue magazine that she has come to terms with her past. "I've gone from being a controlled doll-like figure who changes style all the time, to a person who accepts that it's impossible not to be a multi-layered individual." She goes on to say, "Now I understand it's good for people to see all the different stages in our life, so they can relate to our journey and feel less alone. All of us are changing all the time – and that's beautiful."
LADbible says an Australian bar, named The Unley, has apologized for creating an $18 cocktail named after Matthew Perry’s ‘’Friends’’ character. The ‘’Chandler Bing’’ was made with Southern Comfort, peach schnapps, cranberry juice, fresh lime, and sugar. The pub issued an apology, stating that the tribute was meant to honor the actor. They recognize it was an error in judgment.
The Internet reacts ...
“This feels so wrong considering he battled alcoholism”
"You know he was an alcoholic, don’t you?”
“Anyone who’s seen his interviews and read his book would know that Friends was actually not what he wanted to be remembered for, his words, not mine.”
Page Six says Matthew Perry wanted Zac Efron to play him in a biopic about his life. Perry's friend, Athenna Crosby, revealed that he had worked with Efron before and planned to ask him to take on the role. Perry was enthusiastic about the project and excited to share his story of recovery from addiction.
TMZ says Mariah Carey is being sued again for copyright infringement over her song, "All I Want for Christmas Is You." Two men, named Andy Stone and Troy Powers, are suing Mariah for $20 million, claiming she stole their song of the same name. Andy sued Mariah last year for allegedly copying their track.
The Daily Mail says Massachusetts’ Berklee College of Music is offering a Taylor Swift songwriting class. The class, taught by Professor Scarlet Keys, allows students to explore Swift's impact on the music industry and learn from her songwriting skills. The course analyzes songs from Swift's 10 albums. Students are dressing like Swift for the class.
Billboard Magazine says D.J. Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince are reuniting at 'A Grammy Salute to 50 Years of Hip-Hop.' The event, which will take place on November 8th, will be one of Will Smith's first public appearances since his slapping incident at the Academy Awards. The special will air on CBS in December and will feature performances by various hip-hop artists.
Stuff.co.nz says Britney Spears' tell-all memoir, "The Woman in Me," may have derailed plans for an *NSYNC reunion. In the memoir, Spears accuses former boyfriend Justin Timberlake of cheating, among other things. His reputation has taken a hit. Justin is reportedly furious about the revelations in the book.
Page Six says Alec and Hilaria Baldwin are considering doing a reality TV show featuring their seven children. Alec has made a few pitches. The family wants to work from home and stay in New York. Alec and his wife are not planning on expanding their family anytime soon. Alec says, “I can’t go anywhere for any length of time” without them. To bring them, I need 12 plane tickets for nannies, kids and my wife. They don’t even have 11 seats in the business class section of the plane.”
Newsweek magazine says Travis Kelce has recorded a new Christmas song with his brother, Jason, and other members of the Philadelphia Eagles. The magazine quotes him as saying, "I am on the album. Yeah, we had a fun song....That song was actually pretty sweet, man. I enjoyed doing it. The guys, the team came out and hung out with me in Kansas City for a few hours, and we knocked it out. Yeah, I think that they made me sound extremely better. Not saying it was good by any means. I'm just saying they made it sound extremely better than what I felt like I left that studio thinking."
Radar Online says Travis Kelce is spending big to impress Taylor Swift. A source says, “How do you keep up with a woman who’s fast on her way to becoming a billionaire? Travis is over the moon for Taylor. He’ll do anything to impress her, no matter the cost! Travis was living like a frat boy before and realized he would never entice Taylor to his dorm-style bachelor pad when she’s accustomed to grandeur and luxury. “He’s hoping his lavish new home will convince her he’s serious about being a husband and father. But the expenses are piling up and he’d better watch out she doesn’t leave him holding the bag.''
Us Weekly says Brooke Shields recently suffered a "full-blown grand mal seizure" before a show in New York City. She had low sodium levels and collapsed at a restaurant. Bradley Cooper held her hand and went with her to the hospital. Shields expressed frustration with male doctors who kept asking if she was limiting her salt intake.
The Daily Mail says Leonardo DiCaprio is allegedly falling in love with his 25-year-old girlfriend, supermodel Vittoria Ceretti. A source tells the newspaper, “Leo is crazy about Vittoria and he finds every aspect of her intriguing,' a source told DailyMail.com exclusively. He likes where this is going and he is only seeing her right now. She is very intelligent and has all of the qualities that he looks for in a partner. Vittoria is successful and beyond financially independent. She is obviously stunning and he finds her incredible. But for now, they are intent on keeping much of their romance private.”
Page Six says "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" star Alan Ruck, aka Cameron, crashed his truck into a Los Angeles pizza shop. Surveillance footage showed Ruck hitting two cars before smashing into Raffalo's Pizza. There were no major injuries, but two people reported feeling pain. Ruck was unharmed
The New York Post says the cast of "Mean Girls" recently reunited for a new Black Friday commercial. Lindsay Lohan, Amanda Seyfried and Lacey Chabert all appear in Walmart's new ad. Rachel McAdams did NOT reprise her role for the commercial. It includes Lohan's "Cady" character saying, "Some things never change. On Wednesdays we wear pink, but now we shop Walmart Black Friday deals." The mean girls are now parents to a new group of kids.
The Daily Mail says a new University of South Wales study reveals that five percent of people are afraid of clowns. They say the fear comes from not being able to tell what the clown is feeling due to their painted-on smile and their scary portrayals in movies. Other disturbing aspects include their brightly colored hair and big red noses
A new survey by One Poll reveals that 35% of gamers get frustrated by the sound of fellow players eating snacks while gaming. Other findings:
- 47% of gamers say the crunching of chips is the worst food sound
- 29% of gamers believe that the sound of someone else eating affects their gaming performance
Top Side Dishes for Thanksgiving ... According to Campbell's new 2023 "State of the Sides" survey
1. Mashed Potatoes
3. Mac & Cheese
4. Sweet Potato Casserole
5. Green Bean Casserole
A new survey by Johnson's Baby reveals that 40% of parents do not want to follow in their own parents' footsteps when it comes to raising children. Other findings:
- 71% of parents have different ideas than their own parents about raising their child
- 83% of parents learned a lot about raising kids from their own parents.
- 34% of new mothers and fathers find their parents’ advice to be dated
- 41% of new mothers and fathers have different ideas about how to raise their child in today’s society
Cats Have 276 Different Facial Expressions
A new study by Lyon College in Arkansas reveals that cats have 276 different facial expressions when interacting with one another. Researchers filmed 53 cats at a local cat café and recorded 186 feline interactions to gather data. They found that 45.7% of the expressions were friendly, while 37% were aggressive.
A new survey from CouponBirds reveals that 82.4% of people believe Christmas decorations go up too early at stores. Other findings:
- 76.8% of people think online ads for the holidays start too soon
- 45.5% of people believe Christmas advertising should begin in November
- 43.9% of people think the best time to decorate their home for Christmas is in November
- 75.1% of people get annoyed by Christmas jingles before the holidays even arrive.
- 50.6% of people suffer from Christmas fatigue
I know everyone is thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas now that Halloween has passed, but I'm not. I'm still thinking about Halloween because one of my neighbors and her kids walked up to our door and took all of the candy in the giant bowl we left out for trick or treaters. I caught her on camera. She and I got into a screaming match yesterday morning in my driveway. I'm thinking of going to the police with the footage and having her arrested for theft. My husband says I should leave it alone and that I have no case because I left the candy out. I did and I caught her stealing. He says we need to keep the peace in the neighborhood and I should let it go. I think it's wrong what my neighbor did and believe she should have to pay. I think any reasonable person would know they can only take a candy or two not empty the whole bowl into their bags. Do you think I have a case? Should I listen to my husband or not? I saw a video of a woman doing the same thing. What is this world coming to.