Today's Best of Calls:
- The Tampa Beacon says some people are supporting the last week of Breast Cancer Awareness Month by replacing the light bulbs on the outside of their house with pink bulbs.
- The Daily Dot says some of Taylor Swift's Canadian fans started a mosh pit during a screening of her concert film. Photos were posted online.
- Entertainment Weekly says a sequel to the movie "Crossroads" is in the works.Britney Spears is not interested in starring in it. Producer Van Toffler has been discussing the sequel with Britney and Grey Anatomy’s screenwriter Shonda Rhimes
- World of Reel says Paramount Pictures has pushed back the release date of "Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part Two" to the Summer of 2025 due to the ongoing actor’s strike. Around 40% of the film has been completed.
- Uproxx says Jeremy Renner is recording a collection of songs called ‘Love and Titanium’. The recordings are part of his recovery process from being run over by a snow plow. Jeremy has not yet set a release date for his project.
- The New York Post says Kim Kardashian is launching a new line of SKIMS Shapewear for men. The line will include men's boxers, briefs, t-shirts, tank tops, and leggings.
- WBOY says former Olympic gymnast Mary Lou Retton has returned home after a stay in intensive care with pneumonia. A crowdfund to help with Retton's medical bills has raised $450,000.
- WPIX says SEA LIFE New Jersey is hosting live underwater pumpkin carving demonstrations as part of their Halloween celebration. Divers carve pumpkins in a tank filled with fish, sharks, and stingrays. The fish get to enjoy the leftover pumpkin.
Food And Drink Trending
- Chew Boom says Arby's has added Fried Mac 'N Cheese Bites to their menu.The limited time fried bites are made with four cheeses and noodles. The bites have 18 grams of fat, 166 calories from fat and 619 mg of sodium
- The Daily Dot says TikToker Clara Bell recently posted a video that showed her eating 60 of Taco Bell's vegan nacho cheese cups. She wrote: “Me eating my 60th Taco Bell vegan nacho cheese this week because if enough people don’t buy them they’ll take them off the menu” - The NY Post says bags of coriander-flavored Doritos are being sold online for $370. The limited time chips were originally made for a giveaway and not intended for sale. Some people say the chips taste like soap
Pilot Attempts To Shut Down Engines During Flight: MarketWatch says a pilot was recently riding in the jumpseat of a Horizon Air flight when he tried to shut down the plane’s engines. The incident occurred during a flight to San Francisco. The plane was diverted to Portland, Oregon. Joseph David Emerson is being held on charges of attempted murder and reckless endangerment.
The Daily Mail says La Toya Jackson doesn't like Rolling Stone magazine calling Harry Styles the new “King of Pop". She believes that her brother is the greatest of all time and cannot be surpassed. She does acknowledge that Styles is a talented entertainer
Billie Eilish tells Far Out Magazine that she doesn't plan on slowing down until her career is over. "I'll work myself to the ground, and I cannot imagine having kids and trying to raise a family and be a mom, and also work this hard. I don't think it's possible. There'll be time enough for that when my career is done."
Selena Gomez tells Teen Vogue magazine that she values being real and authentic with her fans. "I've been very vulnerable with my fans; I think it's important that people see that someone who has, I don't know, a platform can say, 'I'm okay, but I've also been feeling a lot and I don't want to - we live in a world where we have to produce content constantly and new things, and I just didn't know what to do. So I just wanted some time to grow and get better."
Fall Out Boy star Pete Wentz tells US Weekly magazine that his foray into music was driven by a sense of purpose. "I knew I wasn't going to be good at anything else. And there wasn't really anything else I wanted to do... Even if I ended up playing guitar for some other band, at least I got to do it. You know when you look back, and you're like 'Oh man, when I was a kid, all I wanted to do was play music'? And you did it. And now you're like 'Oh, okay. What else am I supposed to do?'"
Taylor Swift tells Billboard magazine that she wants to be a mentor to younger artists. "I had a lot of people watching out for me when I was starting out. I want to be someone the younger stars can look to for advice and guidance. I want to share the knowledge I've gained in my career with them."
Olivia Rodrigo tells Vogue magazine that she knows her music career will end one day. "I think it's just important to have an end date, you know? Giving yourself a certain number of albums or a certain number of years to accomplish what you want to do and then focus on other things in life that bring you joy and fulfillment."
TMZ says Paris Hilton is clapping back at online trolls who are making fun of her baby boy's large head. Paris defended her son, saying he is perfectly healthy and has a large brain. Despite the jokes and rude comments, Paris is loving being a mom and has hinted at wanting more kids in the future. She tweeted, ‘’There are some sick people in this world. My angel is perfectly healthy. And yes, of course he has been to a doctor, he just has a large brain."
The New York Post says Travis Kelce’s brother, and Philadelphia Eagles star, Jason Kelce is releasing a second Christmas album with several of his teammates. When asked if Taylor Swift is going to appear on the album, Jason said, “That would be pretty incredible. But maybe in the future.” Proceeds from the upcoming album will benefit the Eagles' Autism Foundation.
The New York Post says Travis Kelce's dad, Ed Kelce, thinks Taylor Swift is a "very, very sweet, very charming, down-to-earth young woman." Ed was impressed by Swift's humility when she cleaned up after herself in their suite at Arrowhead Stadium. He says, “We’re sitting in the suite, she gets up and in the front room, she gets up to go get a drink or something and she starts picking up empty bottles, cans, plates that are scattered around. Because in the suites everybody gets stuff and you empty it down wherever you can. And I’m just thinking, I don’t think she got the diva memo. She didn’t get the spoiled musician. She doesn’t know how to pull that off. And that really to me said a whole lot.” Travis and his brother were initially nervous about their dad talking to Swift
Radar Online says Jada Pinkett-Smith may be looking for "greener pastures" and another famous partner. There have been rumors for years that her marriage has been on the rocks. Jada's confession of a hush-hush romance with someone other than Will has humiliated him. Friends fear that Jada isn't determined to fix her marriage and may be seeking a new famous partner.
The Robb Report says Ellen DeGeneres is selling her renovated Montecito, California estate for $46.5 million. The century-old, eight-acre property was purchased by DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi in June. It has a main house, two guesthouses, a poolside cabana, a petite art studio, a Roman courtyard with columns and an outdoor fireplace.
TMZ says Jennifer Lopez has sold her Bel-Air, California mansion for $34 million.The mansion has nine bedrooms, 13 bathrooms, an infinity pool, a theater, a gym, a guest house, and an amphitheater. This sale set a record for the area. Jennifer bought the home in 2016 for $28 million. She and Ben Affleck bought a $60 million mansion in Beverly Hills.
Geo TV says Irina Shayk recently ended her relationship with Tom Brady because he was not ready to commit and was "playing the field." A source tells the website, “They like each other a lot and there’s an attraction there for sure, but this is no way an exclusive relationship. They hang out when it suits them but Tom’s enjoying playing the field. His priorities are his kids and then his career, and Irina isn’t interested in another serious relationship right now either.’’
In her new memoir, “The Woman In Me”, Britney Spears describes her 2003 fling with Colin Farrell. She writes, "Brawl is the only word for it - we were all over each other, grappling so passionately it was like we were in a street fight." The book is out today
The Daily Mail says Britney Spears has revealed in her memoir that her mother once punished her for skipping school to meet an older boy. She claims her mother made her pick up trash as a form of punishment. The memoir, “The Woman In Me”, is out today
Female First says Britney Spears is angry at Christina Aguilera for teaming up with Justin Timberlake for a tour. In her memoir, Spears discusses how Aguilera and Timberlake posed for a raunchy Rolling Stone cover during their relationship, and how Aguilera suggested they should get back together. Spears also reveals that she felt jealous of Aguilera's freedom to party while she was under a conservatorship.
Perez Hilton says Britney Spears has been pulled over again by the Southern California police. She was fined $327 for making an improper turn on the highway. Just a few weeks ago, Spears was fined $1,140 for driving without a license and driving without proof of insurance.
Jean-Claude Van Damme tells People magazine that film producer Peter Guber wanted to promote a fight between him and Steven Seagal. They were going to be paid $20 million each. Seagal turned down the Vegas fight. Jean says, “I run faster than him – much faster. I would run away. He’s going to try to catch me, he’s going to get out of shape"
Britney Spears' ex-husband, Sam Asghari, was recently doing an interview with Interview magazine when they asked which celebrity he would like to sleep with. He said, “Borat. I’m attracted to his mustache. I find the way he says ‘very nice’ extremely sexy. Haha.”
Page Six says Tori Spelling has gone from living in an RV to renting an $18,000-a-month fully furnished Woodland Hills, California mansion. The home has a pool, four bedrooms and a guesthouse. Spelling's estranged husband, Dean McDermott, was recently seen at a welfare center with his new girlfriend, Lily Calo
Page Six says Irina Shayk is allegedly upset about Bradley Cooper dating Gigi Hadid. A source says Shayk is unhappy that Cooper is with another supermodel, especially a younger one. “Irina is not happy with Bradley for dating another supermodel, but one who is younger. It took her by surprise. She’s saying, ‘Look baby, I’m still hot’.’’
Match Clothes With Your Eyes For Your Best Look
The Daily Mail says a recent study by the University of St. Andrews reveals that matching clothes with your eye color makes you look your best. Researchers asked 200 people about the best colors for different skin tones, hair colors, and eye colors. Eye color was most important in picking the right outfit while skin color was not as important. People with blue or gray eyes should wear cool blue shades, while those with dark brown eyes look better in warm orange and red hues.
Top 10 Cities Most Likely To Ghost Someone... According to a new study by the Thriving Center of Psychology
1. New York City, NY
2. Los Angeles, CA
3. Chicago, IL
4. Houston, TX
5. Phoenix, AZ
6. Philadelphia, PA
7. San Antonio, TX
8. San Diego, CA
9. Dallas, TX
10. Jacksonville, FL
Top 10 Tips For A Successful Marriage Proposal ... According to a new article by Fox News
1. Ensure you and your partner are on the same page
2. Ask for the parents' blessing
3. Buy the perfect ring
4. Plan ahead but leave room for spontaneity
5. Hire a photographer to capture the moment
6. Seek help from friends or family
7. Prepare a heartfelt speech, not read verbatim
8. Arrange a post-proposal celebration
9. Keep the engagement ring safe
10. Be flexible and adapt to any changes
My husband and I are engaged in a raging debate over our four-year-old son's Halloween costume. Our twin 7-year-old daughters are going as Barbie for Halloween. Our four year-old son also wants to dress as Barbie because he does everything his older sisters do. I have no problem with it. It's Halloween. Who cares? My husband has a big problem with it and says he would be okay with him going as Ken, but not Barbie. He wants to see him in a more masculine costume. I think my husband is being ridiculous. Halloween is the one night a year that you can dress however you like and no one cares. Where do you stand on this? If you were us, would you allow your son to dress as Barbie? Is it really that big of a deal? He's 4.