Today's Fonseca Show Best Calls:
- Fox News says 132 Florida Walmart stores have temporarily closed because of Hurricane Idalia
- Open Snow says Utah might see snow over Labor Day Weekend. Forecasters are predicting 2-3 inches on the high peaks. Utah skiers are excited for this early snow possibility.
- iMore says this week is the worst week to buy a new iPhone, even if you don't want the iPhone 15. Apple will reveal the iPhone 15 lineup on September 12th. Current iPhones, like the iPhone 14, will likely become cheaper after the new release.
- TVLine says Netflix has renewed ''The Lincoln Lawyer'' for a third season. The new season will be based on Michael Connelly's novel "The Gods of Guilt". Season three will explore a darker story where Mickey finds out he put a former client in danger instead of saving her. Screen Rant says Neve Campbell won't be returning for season 3 because her character isn't in the book.
- The Daily Mail says Jada Pinkett Smith's new memoir, "Worthy", will be released on October 17th. Jada got a new rescue puppy named Lucco.
- Page Six says Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s daughter, Shiloh, recently debuted a pink buzz cut. The paparazzi snapped pictures of her new hairstyle while she and a friend were having lunch in Los Angeles.
- WDW News says Disney California Adventure is celebrating Halloween with a new Candy Corn Churro that costs $6.79. The churro is coated in orange and yellow sugar and is topped with vanilla icing and candy corn.
Food And Drink Trending
- Mashed magazine says a TikToker recently tried to make a McDonald's cheeseburger look expensive by adding gold leaf foil to both buns. You can buy 25 edible gold sheets on Amazon for $25. The foil did not change the taste of the burger
- Pringles is launching a new, limited-edition flavor inspired by everything bagels. The chips taste like sesame, poppy seeds, cream cheese, toasted onion and garlic
- Industry News says Taco Bell is testing a new dessert called MTN DEW BAJA BLAST Gelato. The two-week test run is taking place in Irvine, California restaurants. The tropical lime gelato is sweet and creamy and may soon be added to Taco Bell menus everywhere.
Beer Goggles May Not Make People More Attractive: The Daily Mail says a recent study by Stanford University reveals that alcohol does not make others look more attractive, but does give people the confidence to approach someone they like. Researchers had 18 men drink alcohol and then rate people's attractiveness. They found that intoxication does not affect how attractive people find others, but does affect how likely they are to interact with them.
Geo TV says Dua Lipa recently introduced her boyfriend, Romain Gavras, to her parents in Ibiza. They shared a meal at the Juntos House restaurant. The couple started dating earlier this year
Luke Combs tells Music Mayhem magazine that becoming a father has led to a major shift in his priorities. "The priority list has gone from 10 things to just one. They learn something new every day. As a songwriter, once you have a kid, how would you write about anything else? I’m always writing about him. The majority of what I do is at home with my wife & son, and preparing for this next one."
Miley Cyrus tells Wide Open Country that she introduced her Willie Nelson doll as her boyfriend when she was a baby. "I had my Willie Nelson doll, which was so creepy because I would introduce him as my boyfriend. That little monster in the stroller? That's Willie Nelson."
Miley Cyrus tells Billboard magazine that she had a brutal work schedule during her "Hannah Montana" days. "I'm a lot of things, but lazy ain't one of them. 5:30 a.m.?! 7:15 I’m on the news, 7:45 I have another live interview, 8:15 another interview, 8:45 another interview. 9:30 to 11 a.m. meeting with editors. Back to the hotel, okay, I have to do an interview but the reporters are all fifth-grade students. Then the next day starts at 7 a.m. and ends at 7:30 p.m., when I fly home to probably go to Hannah, and then Monday be back at work in the morning."
Female First says Duran Duran covers Billie Eilish's song, ''Bury A Friend'', on their new Halloween themed CD.
RadarOnline says Beyonce is fighting a $2.7 million tax bill from the IRS. She recently filed a petition in U.S. Tax Court disputing the amount. She says the IRS did not allow her to claim millions of dollars' worth of deductions. The government claims no mistakes were made, and Beyonce owes the full amount.
The San Francisco Chronicle says the city of Santa Clara, California named Beyonce an Honorary Mayor before her concert there last night. Mayor Lisa M. Gillmor said, "As one of the most decorated artists in history, we are thrilled to have Beyoncé back here in Santa Clara as she contributes to the economic vitality of our city. Beyoncé demonstrates an incredible dedication to economic equity and championing marginalized communities through her service to communities globally. In recognition of her artistry and humanitarianism, we are proud to present Beyoncé a key to our city along with the title of honorary Mayor."
TMZ says ABC wants Tom Brady to be the next Bachelor. Host Jesse Palmer says, "You actually could not script a better setup. That would be incredible for ratings, and also amazing for our budget. There is the Irina Shayk issue. But if she's willing to kind of just chill out for a couple months of filming, I think we're solid. The show could film at any of Brady's houses ... which would also be a huge positive. Again, very budget-friendly. Tom Brady would be good."
Geo TV says Tom Brady and Irina Shayk are not committed to each other. They can see anybody they like. A source tells the network, "Tom and Irina aren't in a committed relationship, so she's free to see anybody she likes." Another source says, “Tom has no idea if Irina is still seeing Bradley (Cooper), but it’s really none of his business.”
The Inquisitr says Britney Spears was unhappy with Sam Asghari and planned to leave him months ago. A source tells the website, "Britney was done with Sam months ago and was very unhappy."
The Daily Mail says Britney Spears feels manipulated and betrayed by her ex, Sam Asghari. The pop star is now looking forward to meeting "hot guys" and enjoying her freedom. A source tells the newspaper, "Britney just wants to enjoy her freedom and meet hot guys — that seems to be the priority."
The Daily Mail says Simon Cowell's 9-year-old son Eric wants to audition for Britain's Got Talent. Eric plans to share his singing talent on the show next year.Simon says, ‘’He's decided that he's going to audition for Britain's Got Talent. That is going to be total torture. I mean, of all the things I've ever done, this will probably be the hardest. I said, because he does play drums, "Are you going to drum?" and he said he wants to sing. I went, "Oh God no".'’’
The Express says Simon Cowell started seeing a therapist after becoming scared to leave his house. Cowell got anxiety during the COVID pandemic. “I’ve suffered from depression over the years...but that was just something I just thought, ‘Well, that’s my character trait. I get down,’ and it’s something you deal with. And then I suppose Covid was the real catalyst. In the very, very, very early stages, some friends of mine got really ill and I’m talking about really ill. So, I thought, ‘God, if I catch this, maybe the same thing’s going to happen to me, Eric and Lauren. I didn’t know what was true or not, I just didn’t have a clue other than I was petrified about catching it. Just petrified. I’m just basically in my house, not going out and wearing masks all the time. I’m not exaggerating, I probably was tested about a thousand times.''
Jimmy Kimmel tells the Strike Force 5 podcast that he almost retired when the writers strike occurred. “I was very intent on retiring right around the time where the strike started. And now, I realize, Oh yeah, it’s kind of nice to work.”
Geo TV says Michael Jackson's daughter, Paris, recently slammed trolls for criticizing her for having armpit hair. She posted; “i wasn’t tying my hair up to show off my armpit hair. i’ve not shaved it for years and forget it’s there all the time. get over yourselves.”
Page Six says Nick Cannon's brother, Gabriel, cannot remember the names of all 12 of Nick's children. Gabriel just calls himself uncle and uses Google to find their names. He says, “I haven’t met them [all yet], but did y’all see what happened with him? Nick messed up naming all his kids, so I’m not even gonna attempt. I’m just uncle. It’s easy.”
The New York Post says Marcus Jordan and Larsa Pippen are planning a million-dollar wedding. Marcus gave Larsa a promise ring. A source says they are considering a destination wedding. Marcus says, “I mean, it is in the seven figures! It’s going to be a few milly! In my opinion, it’s going to be a few. Look, we spend 6 figures on gifts…vacations. I’ve always said, if I’m gonna get married, I’m only doing it once. I’m not doing this like multiple, five six, seven weddings. So, when the day comes, it’s going to be an extravagant day.”
Top 10 Subtle Signs Your Partner is Cheating... According to a new article by MailOnline
1. You're having more sex than usual
2. They're being more loving or critical than usual
3. There's a sudden and unexplained change in their spending habits
4. They go out a lot without you
5. They've become much more fitness-conscious
6. They keep mentioning someone new - a lot
7. They start taking their phone everywhere with them
8. Their social media use suddenly changes
9. They delete messages instantly as soon as they read them
10. You feel it in your gut
Top 10 Things That Make People Happy in 2023... According to a new article by Home magazine
1. A good night's sleep
2. A nice meal
3. Hearing your favorite song
4. Finding money you didn't know you had
5. Laughing so hard it hurts
6. Dislodging a piece of food that's been stuck in your teeth
7. Seeing a dog on the street
8. A compliment from a stranger
9. Finding a pound coin on the ground
10. A sunny day
A new survey by Homeaglow reveals that 77% of people feel less stressed after cleaning their home. Other findings:
- 11.5% of people feel more stressed after cleaning their home
- 77% of people feel less stressed after cleaning their kitchen
- 16% of people feel more stressed after cleaning their garage
Top 10 Signs Your Boss Has A Crush On You … According to a new article by Pinkvilla
1. Extended Eye Contact
2. They Remember Personal Details
3. Frequent Compliments
4. They Share Personal Stories
5. Initiates One-on-One Conversations
6. Playful Teasing
7. Protective Behavior
8. They Consult You Before Making Decisions
9. They Trust You With Important Tasks
10. High Level of Emotional Investment
My boyfriend and I recently moved in together and agreed to split all of our bills 50/50. I was okay with this until I saw how much he eats. Not only does he make more money than I do he also eats a lot more food than me. I think he should pay for the bulk of our groceries. He says that's not fair because we agreed to split everything 50/50. He says if we were married I would never complain so why should I complain now? Where do you stand on this?