Fonseca Show Best of Calls:
- CNBC says $20-$25 billion is expected to be wagered on this year's Super Bowl.This would be a record-breaking amount.
- The Daily Mail says "The Today Show" recently had an embarrassing closed caption blooper when it mistakenly said King Charles was set to undergo 'prostitute surgery' instead of ‘prostate surgery’.
- The NY Post says WWE Raw is going to be moving to Netflix in January 2025.The 10-year deal is worth $5 billion. - TotallyTheBomb says Oreo has announced a new flavor called Space Dunk. The cookie is stuffed with blue and pink creme and tastes like a marshmallow. It also contains popping candies for an explosion of flavor.
- Mashed Magazine says Costco is selling a massive $63 chocolate Easter bunny.The bunny is two feet tall.
- FOX Business News says Disneyland has temporarily closed its Haunted Mansion attraction in California. Disney plans to create themed gardens, build a retail shop, and add an elevator exit for accessibility.
- The Daily Mail says an Oklahoma state senator has proposed a bill that would ban sending nude selfies unless the individuals are married. The new law would make it a misdemeanor to pose for any seductive picture. The bill has faced backlash on social media, with critics arguing that it's unconstitutional and focuses on the wrong priorities.
Doomsday Clock Reset: The NY Post says the Doomsday Clock was recently reset to 90 seconds to midnight. The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists cited global threats such as the Russia-Ukraine war, climate change, advancements in genetic engineering, and the growing reliance on nuclear weapons as factors in setting the clock's time.
Olivia Rodrigo tells Rolling Stone magazine that likes to be alone. “I love walking around and being alone. People get mad at me for doing it all the time. My managers are like, ‘You can’t do that, you have to have someone with you all the time.’ But I feel safe. Am I safe? No idea. But that’s just not something I’m willing to sacrifice.”
Ariana Grande tells Bustle.com that she is allowing herself to grow as a person. “Sometimes I look back and I really can’t believe the beauty trends I used to enjoy — but I know that it is the most beautiful thing to not stay the same and to be able to learn new things and grow.”
Tate McRae tells People magazine that performing lets her combine her love of dance and songwriting. "I kind of just want to write fun songs. I feel like I've created my best stuff just being like, 'I would never say this ... I should say it.' And I definitely have been trying to find beats that make me want to move. For the first time in my life, I’m able to put the two sides of my identity together, and it’s so satisfying."
Taylor Swift tells Time magazine that getting in shape for her concerts is a lot of work. “I don't know if people understand how much work it is to put on one of these shows. Not only am I up there running around and dancing, but I'm doing it all while singing too. One of the main ways I get ready for a string of concerts is to sing all my songs while I'm running on a treadmill. It helps build my cardio and lung capacity.”
Luke Combs tells Esquire magazine that playing countless shows in small bars and venues before hitting it big was a huge benefit to his career. "Playing all those shows was a huge benefit because you figure out what works, what doesn't work. You'll be glad that you did it. It helps you hone your craft and teaches you how to connect with your fans more deeply."
Jelly Roll tells The New York Times newspaper that his priorities have gotten clearer as he's gotten older. “Finding purpose and wanting to be there for my daughter was the catalyst for it, but also just kind of a coming of age. It was the change of the heart that created that. The man changed. I just drug the music with me.”
The Daily Mail claims Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce are already engaged. The couple allegedly promised to marry while they were celebrating New Year's Eve together. An anonymous source says Taylor and Travis are waiting until after the Super Bowl to make their engagement public.
Radar Online says Jason Momoa’s friends are worried about his well-being after his divorce and the failure of his Aquaman sequel. A source says, "Jason loved Lisa so much despite their obvious differences and her loss hit him like a ton of bricks. It's now a year later and he still hasn't settled down but is rootlessly wandering!"
The Sun says Jeff Bezos celebrated his 60th birthday with a star-studded party at his Beverly Hills home. The bash had a nerdy "celestial, space-age" theme. Guests included Jay Z, Beyoncé, Bill Gates, Oprah, Kendall Jenner, Hailey Bieber, Katy Perry, and Orlando Bloom. The party featured special touches like Jeff's first Amazon office setup and a menu that ranged from caviar to McDonald's.
CinemaBlend says Jennifer Lopez recently went viral when she wore a coat of live roses to a Paris fashion show. Jennifer explained yesterday that she and her designers were able to keep the coat of 7,000 real rose petals fresh and alive using sugar water
The Sun says Britney Spears has allegedly been banned from the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles due to complaints from guests. They don’t like her "bizarre behavior" and her going topless by the pool. A source says, "Staff have talked about it throughout the whole hotel and it's really unfortunate, but she’s not allowed on there at the moment, certainly not the spa. Britney might be an A-list celebrity but she can’t run around doing whatever she wants at the Four Seasons. It sees a lot of high profile guests and rich guests checking in who spend thousands there, whether it be for a business trip or leisure and they don't want to be made to feel awkward."
Kelly Clarkson is not friends with any of her exes. Life and Style Weekly quotes her as saying; “I mean, here’s the thing. I’m not not friends … but I feel like, ‘cause I’m cool with … I only have a couple that I’m just like, ‘Hard pass.’ But a couple of them, you know, I don’t have many exes, but a couple of them are cool people. Nothing wrong with them. If we ran into each other, we’d be totally friendly. But that’s the difference. I just feel like it can get awkward. It depends on who ended it or who it is. It’s situational. But for mostly, no. No, no,” she concluded with a nervous laugh. “I feel like that’s awkward.”
Sofia Vergara tells El País that her voluptuous body helped open doors for her.“My giant boobs and my body opened doors for me. They were my passport to the world when I was 20 years old. There are women who are prettier, younger, who have bigger breasts and a better body than me, but I’m still around because I have demonstrated that I can stay”
Entertainment Tonight says John Cena plans to retire from the WWE in the next three years. He says, ”I never wanted to go out there just for the sake of going out there. And I'm gonna be 47 this year. I feel great. So inside I feel great, but I know what it takes to be a WWE performer night in and night out and I don't ever wanna just go out there and do it to do it. I wanna have the passion -- the same passion as the fanbase -- and I wanna give them exactly what they give me. The miles on the speedometer say, 'Hey, that's gotta be done before 50.'"
Top 10 Most Annoying Office Habits ... According to a new article by Employee Benefit News
1. Talking to plants as if they're having a conversation with them
2. Failing to clean dishes out of the communal sink
3. Taking other people's leftovers from the fridge
4. Speaking too loudly in the office
5. Committing fashion faux pas
6. Leaving a mess for others to clean up
7. Constantly being negative and bringing everyone down
8. Having strange and unique office decor
9. Spreading workplace secrets
10. Creating an overpowering smell with excessive perfume or cologne.
Top 10 Most Popular Car Nicknames …. According to a new study by JCT600:
Top 5 Things To Avoid For A Good Night's Sleep ... According to a new article by The Daily Mail newspaper
1. Eating a large meal before bed
2. Consuming spicy or rich foods before bed
3. Engaging in late-night exercise
4. Using phones or electronic devices before bed
5. Exposing oneself to high levels of artificial light before bed
America's Favorite Pies … According to a new study by Foodbeast
Key lime pie
Sweet Potato pie
I heard you say that today is National Compliment Day. As soon as you said it I decided to write and tell you about something that happened to me at work last week. One of our Junior Managers paid me a compliment and told me I look great for my age. The entire lunch room went silent. Some co-workers gasped. It was a heavy topic of conversation for the rest of the afternoon as to whether it was a compliment or a veiled insult. I'm confused. Is it a compliment or an insult? What does it mean when someone says that? Some co-workers think I should file a complaint with HR.