Today's Best of Calls with Fonseca:
- Ace Showbiz says Taylor Swift had a cool response when she was booed by Buffalo Bills fans at yesterday’s NFL playoff game. She blew a kiss to the crowd before entering the stadium.
- The NY Post says a Bills fan tailgating before the Buffalo-Kansas City playoff game yesterday caught on fire. The fan was body-slammed onto a folding table that had been set on fire. After crashing through the table, the fan realized that their back was on fire and had to stop, drop, and roll to put it out.
- The Boston Globe says Tom Brady is teaming up with Vince Vaughn and Wayne Gretzky for a Super Bowl commercial for BetMGM. Three teasers have been released, featuring playful banter between Brady, Vaughn, and Gretzky.
- Page Six says brands are willing to pay Travis Kelce $1 million to attend Super Bowl parties and events.
- People Magazine says Dairy Queen is now offering a Blizzard dessert bar for weddings. The basic package includes the staff, the ice cream, the toppings, and the cups and spoons. The treats are made-to-order for parties of up to 150 people. Pricing ranges from $4.50 to $6.50 per Blizzard.
- KIIS FM says Sarah Jessica Parker's iconic tutu from the opening credits of "Sex and the City" has been sold for $52,000. There were five tutus used on the show. Sarah Jessica Parker owns one of them.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. “Mean Girls,” $11.7 million.
2. “The Beekeeper,” $8.5 million.
3. “Wonka,” $6.4 million.
4. “Anyone But You,” $5.4 million.
5. “Migration,” $5.3 million.
Dua Lipa tells Vanity Fair magazine that she and John Cena became great friends while filming their new movie “Argylle.”“He’s really my emotional support actor. It was fab, and he’s amazing, and I absolutely love working with John. He’s such a great guy and so lovely.''
Us Weekly says Justin Timberlake debuted a new song called "Selfish" during a free concert in Memphis.
Tate McRae tells Billboard magazine that her fans help make her feel comfortable when she's on stage. “I used to be scared of singing in front of people. And then I got to be able to tour for the first time. I’m just, like, I have the coolest fans who just want to have a good time and screaming lyrics as loud as possible. And that’s why I feel like it’s so special when I bring it — to see them even in a setting like this just to be able to interact with them any way just always makes me very happy.”
Paul Russell tells Melodic magazine that some advice he got from a friend has stuck with him. “There was a long time where I didn’t want to release things because I thought the idea was corny, or I’d seen people do it in a lame way before. But I was talking to someone who said ‘You don’t always have to do the coolest thing, you just have to do what you want to do in a way that you think is cool. Chances are there’s going to be people who like that.’ It was a big unlock for me. If you make something you think is dope, other people will too.”
Taylor Swift tells Time magazine that she is extremely grateful for everything that's happening for her. "Nothing is permanent. So I'm very careful to be grateful every second that I get to be doing this at this level, because I've had it taken away from me before."
The Daily Mail says the Buffalo Bills created a special Taylor Swift-themed menu for their playoff game against the Kansas City Chiefs. Their Bad Blood Waffle Fries were topped with Buffalo chicken, blue cheese, BBQ pork, coleslaw and pickles. The Karma Quesadilla had chicken, bacon and a pork-belly chaser
Page Six says a man was recently arrested for trying to break into Taylor Swift's New York apartment. Witnesses saw the suspect attempting to enter her building. The man had an active warrant for his arrest
Geo TV says Bradley Cooper has introduced his girlfriend, Gigi Hadid, to his mom, Gloria Campano. A source tells the network, "Bradley's mom gets along so well with Gigi. It's a huge relief for Bradley because he is a mama's boy. If they didn't connect, it wouldn't work."
The Taylor Daily Press says fans of "Mean Girls" have been leaving movie theaters in large numbers because the musical is so bad. Many moviegoers took to social media, specifically TikTok, to share their experience. One fan remarked, "I really wanted to like the movie, but it just got worse."
OK! magazine says Sam Asghari is not looking for a new partner to replace Britney Spears. He says, “I’m not looking for a partner. I have a partner at home waiting for me. Her name is Porsha — my dog!”
The National Enquirer says Kevin Costner is allegedly "obsessed" with Jewel. A friend says, "Kevin and Jewel are deepening their connection through shared musical endeavors. Their relationship has evolved into a harmonious collaboration, with the two of them spending quality time together. He's obsessed with her and her talent. Music is Kevin's real passion, not film. As long as Jewel keeps playing that guitar, Kevin will keep following her around! They're both divorced and each likes to play and write their own songs, so they were instantly drawn together. By the time they were ready to leave, they had made plans to meet up again and see where things go."
Nick Cannon says people are always trying to get him to have a 13th baby. He tells OK! Magazine, "I'm chilling right now. There's no plans on the horizon as of yet. It's so funny, everybody's always trying to get me to have more kids. It's like, 12 ain't enough?"
Radar Online says Ken Jennings is allegedly demanding a massive pay raise for hosting “Jeopardy”. A source says he believes he is entitled to Mayim Bialik's $4 million paycheck as well as his own. "Behind the scenes, Ken is revealing a ruthless side. He wants both salaries to reflect the additional workload. He thinks he's entitled to the $4 million Mayim was making as well as his own salary! Paying Ken double would still be far less than the $18 million Alex Trebek was making. The show cannot afford to lose Ken — and he knows it!"
OK! Magazine says Jennifer Aniston is open to getting married again. A source says, “Jen would like to tie the knot. She won’t lower her standards. She is fine with going “out of her comfort zone — a blue-collar-type guy with a career and a dad bod is not out of the question. Neither is someone who’s up to 10 years younger. Jen’s really hoping her dating luck changes in 2024.”
Personality Profile - How You Honk Your Car Horn Reveals Your Personality … According to a new article by the International Drivers Association
Impatient drivers who press their horn aggressively with short, sharp beeps are … likely to expect immediate reactions and may display signs of road rage.
Drivers who never use their horn and those who update it with a new melody are … seen as possessing a high tolerance for frustration
Top Dating App Red Flags For Women … According to a new article by Outkick magazine
- Men who have photos of their kids on their dating profile
- Men who have photos with other women, besides their mom
- The inability to hold a stimulating conversation
- Men who mention that they're "not into drama"
- Asking for a woman's Snapchat handle as a means of communication
- Posting shirtless selfies
- Too sexual too quickly
Pizza Survey … According to a new survey by Pizza Hut
1. The average person has pizza three times a month and eats a total of eight slices.
2. Thin crust is the favorite type of crust, receiving 28% of the vote.
3. Ranch is the most popular dipping sauce, followed closely by garlic
4. New York-style pizza is the most popular, followed by Chicago-style.
5. The most frequently ordered topping is pepperoni, while fish, beets, blueberries, plums, and kiwi are the least popular.
6. 25% of people are interested in trying a pizza-flavored cocktail.
10 Ways To Get Over Your Loser Ex ... According to a new article by Max My Money.
1. Avoid all types of contact with your ex, block them on social media and delete their number.
2. Get a new look by visiting a spa and changing your hair color and haircut.
3. Engage yourself in something productive, such as focusing on your studies or getting a job.
4. Set new goals for yourself to start a new life after the breakup.
5. Forgive and move on from the past, don't waste time blaming or regretting.
6. Avoid and repress emotions through therapy or talking to someone close.
7. Delete all reminders of your past relationship
8. Give value to yourself and believe that you deserve something better.
9. Don't dwell on the past, create new memories and focus on the future.
10. Find someone better to help in the healing process and avoid feeling alone and broken.
Hand Washing Survey
A new survey by RV Travel reveals that only 60% of people wash their hands after using a public restroom. Other findings:
- 25% of people sometimes skip washing their hands after using a public restroom
- 80% of people always wash their hands before preparing food
- 40% of people sometimes forget to wash their hands before eating
- 75% of people always wash their hands after handling money
I brought cupcakes to my daughter's 4th grade class last Thursday. On Friday, I received a call from the school and a parent of one of the students in my daughter's class. The parent claims their son ate one of my cupcakes and chipped his tooth on either a peanut or M&M. The parent wants me to pay for their child's dental work. The school is suggesting I'm liable and should pay to make the problem go away. My husband and I are outraged. Am I responsible? How do we know the child even chipped their tooth on my cupcake? Nothing was said in class. Would you pay if you were us?