Today's Best of Calls:
- Variety magazine says Pauly Shore is going to play Richard Simmons in an upcoming biopic about the exercise guru’s life. Simmons posted: "You may have heard they may be doing a movie about me with Pauly Shore. I have never given my permission for this movie. So don't believe everything you read. I just try to live a quiet life and be peaceful. Thank you for all your love and support."
- The Patriot News says Hostess is selling a 3-foot-long Twinkies Valentine's Day Gift Box. The gift box includes 18 individually wrapped Twinkies and a personalized message option.
- WBTV says Hidden Valley Ranch and Burt’s Bees have partnered for a limited-edition lip balm. The lip balm flavors include Hidden Valley Ranch, Buffalo Sauce, Crunchy Celery, and Fresh Carrot. The collaboration was inspired by an April Fools' Day joke. A four- pack costs $11.99.
- Chew Boom says Applebee's is launching a new $200 Date Night Pass just in time for Valentine's Day. The pass provides up to $30 of food and non-alcoholic beverages per visit. The pass can only be used once every 24 hours
- TV Shows Ace says possibly retiring Philadelphia Eagles star Jason Kelce may compete on “Dancing With The Stars”. Fans think Kelce would make a great addition to the show, especially since his brother, Travis, is dating Taylor Swift
- Outlook International says Steely Dan, R.E.M., and Timbaland will be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in June in New York City.
- Busted Coverage says a puppy recently caused a delay during a Phoenix Suns-Sacramento Kings game when it peed on the court during a halftime show. The Suns went on to win the game
Consequence of Sound says Ariana Grande will release her seventh studio album, "eternal sunshine," on March 8th.
Teddy Swims tells Grammy.com that he uses songwriting as therapy.“Songwriting can be therapeutic if you have a feeling that you need to get out, and you write that feeling down, and you get it out. But what I tend to do a lot in my life, I'll write it down into a song, and then I'll write it into another song from a different perspective. And I'll write it down 100 different ways, in 100 different perspectives, to the point that it ends up that that small problem has now turned into the biggest problem in my life, because I've thought about so many different ways. Instead of being more therapeutic, songwriting has been more of a way of highlighting what I'm going through, sometimes way too much.”
Tate McRae tells Uproxx.com that she's surrounding herself with good people to help her through the pressures of being famous. “Over the last year or so, I’ve worked really hard to surround myself with good people that prioritize being present and celebrating what we are doing each day. I definitely have so much more I want to do, but I am trying really hard to not focus so much on the pressure."
Taylor Swift tells Consequence.net that she's learned to not react to negative news she sees about herself. “There is one thing I’ve learned: My response to anything that happens, good or bad, is to keep making things. Keep making art. But I’ve also learned there’s no point in actively trying to quote unquote defeat your enemies. Trash takes itself out every single time.”
Usher tells Vogue magazine that he hopes his Super Bowl halftime performance will heal and inspire viewers. "People will tune in for a football game, but I hope when they look at that halftime performance, I'm hoping they walk away with something that's healing them. Something that makes them feel hopeful, and not just look at the past, but have hope for the future, and have hope for a different type of future than we're looking at right now in the present."
KPUA says Luke Combs will be performing in Vegas during Super Bowl Weekend. He is headlining BetMGM's "Big Game Bash" at The Cosmopolitan. Tickets for the event start at $400
The Daily Mail says Arnold Schwarzenegger was allegedly detained at the Munich airport for forgetting to declare a luxury watch he brought into Germany for a charity auction. Customs officials have initiated criminal proceedings. The $21,000 watch should have been registered as an import. Arnold was detained for 3 hours.
The Daily Mail says Travis Kelce has started designing an engagement ring for Taylor Swift. The NFL star is considering using diamonds from his Super Bowl ring and may even engrave a special lyric on the band. A source says, "He isn't going to propose to her anytime soon, so no one should get those hopes up, but he has talked to family and friends about what he could do that would be special for an engagement ring. And when it comes to Taylor, he loves her and sees a future with her and has thought about what a ring for her would be like as well. He wants to make sure it isn't something cheesy, but more unique and something that is a part of him that he shares with her to show that forever means forever.''
Page Six says a Philadelphia-based jewelry designer, named Steven Singer, is offering Travis Kelce a $1 million custom-made ring for his potential engagement to Taylor Swift. Singer wants to design a sentimental ring for the couple free of charge because his daughter is a Swiftie. If Travis and Taylor decide to pay for the ring themselves, Singer would donate the proceeds to a charity of their choice. Singer envisions creating a 7.5-carat emerald-cut diamond ring
TMZ says Pierce Brosnan pleaded not guilty to illegal hiking at Yellowstone National Park. The actor is accused of wandering into a restricted area and posting pictures from the off-limits hot springs on social media. If found guilty, Brosnan could face a $5,000 fine and six months in jail.
The Daily Star says Salma Hayek has been giving her husband naked lap dances to keep their spark alive. She says, “After the first rehearsal I was sore because I'm not in shape and it's not movement you're used to. So I was sore. It was technical: You've got to make sure you don't poke his eye with a stiletto or knock him out or he doesn't drop me.”
Radar Online says Jim Carrey's reclusive behavior has sparked concern among his friends. The actor, who retired from Hollywood to focus on art, has been spending a lot of time in Hawaii and showing little interest in Hollywood. Friends are worried about him and are trying to cheer him up. Carrey's rough experiences with romance, including two divorces and a broken engagement, have taken a toll on him.
PopCulture magazine says "Modern Family" star Ed O'Neill almost joined the mob before pursuing acting. O'Neill says a childhood friend offered him a job in organized crime. He rejected the offer and moved to New York to pursue acting. This decision ultimately led to his successful career in Hollywood
Radar Online says Hugh Jackman is determined to win back his estranged wife, Deborra-lee Furness. A source says, "Without a doubt, she misses him. You don't just stop loving someone. However, she also has to love herself and do what is right for her — not him. One thing is for sure — Hugh is going to have to summon all the charm he used to become a beloved international star to win her back."
Top 15 Best Cities To Be Struck By Cupid's Arrow … According to a new study by The Matchmaking Company based on matchmaking potential, flying factors, search interest and Cupid activities.
El Paso, Texas
Little Rock, Arkansas
Greensboro, North Carolina
Poughkeepsie, New York
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Palm Bay, Florida
9 Things Women Want From Their Man On Valentine's Day … According to a new article by KDHL
acts of service
Top 10 Confidence Boosters for Women... According to a new article by The Express.
1. Having a "good hair day"
2. Making someone laugh
3. Getting praised at work
4. Receiving a compliment from a fellow female
5. Reaching a new personal best at the gym
6. Finding a bargain during a food shop
7. Experimenting with outfits
8. Trying different hair styles
9. Changing hair color
10. Feeling comfortable in their own skin and having more life experience.
Top 10 Professions With The Most Unethical People… According to a new article by MSN
3. CEOs/Corporate Executives
6. Police Officers
9. Real Estate Agents
Top 5 Everyday Mistakes That Are Slowing Down Your Metabolism... According to a new article by India.com
too much stress
a low-carb diet
I walked into a cafe yesterday with several girlfriends for lunch. I was shocked when I spotted my stepson and a woman I did not know. I walked over and said hello. He and his friend appeared nervous. My stepson has been dating another woman for two years. She wasn't there. I came home and called my husband and my stepson's father. He said that I shouldn't say anything to his girlfriend and that it's none of our business. He says we should stay out of it. I am outraged because that lunch may be cheating. Even if it's not physical it's still emotional. I feel I need to stand up for other women and say something to my stepson's girlfriend. What would you do if you were me?