Best of Calls with Fonseca:
- The Sun Sentinel says Elton John made history at the Emmy Awards by winning an EGOT. He received an Emmy for his Dodger Stadium farewell show. At the age of 76, John became the 19th person to achieve a competitive EGOT, having previously won a Grammy, an Oscar, and Tony awards.
- Some Target and Walmart stores are now locking up underwear and socks because of shoplifters.
- WALA says LEGO has released a special bouquet of roses just in time for Valentine's Day. The set includes a dozen red roses, with four in full bloom, four blooming, and four in bud. The bouquet costs $59.99.
- Female First says Kaley Cuoco and Tom Pelphrey have adopted a rescue cow named Connie Cowstein. The couple already have seven horses and four rescue dogs
Deadline Hollywood says Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, and Olivia Rodrigo are going to perform at the Grammy Awards on February 4th. The show will be broadcast live on CBS and Paramount+.
Tate McRae tells Variety magazine that she does her best to stay off of Twitter. “I cannot do Twitter. Twitter is the scariest place on earth. My biggest advice is, never search your name on Twitter. You'll learn things about yourself that you never wanted to know.”
Taylor Swift tells Time magazine that she's trying to become more laid back. “Life is short. You should have adventures. Me locking myself away in my house for a lot of years — I’ll never get that time back. I’m more trusting now than I was six years ago. I'm still cautious, but I'm more open to trying new things and going out and having a good time.”
Billie Eilish tells Variety magazine that she might want to give reality TV a try at some point. “Reality TV kinda intrigues me. I think I'd be good on "Survivor". I kinda wanna go on it. I think that the physical stuff I’d be great at, but you have to like do math and [stuff] too, and I would not be good at that.”
Paul Russell tells Billboard magazine that he wants his music to be an escape for people. “My music is so optimistic and happy in a time when I think there’s not as much of that being made. A lot of that is because it’s a difficult time. So, I think it’s important to have an escape, to step back, look around and go, ‘Okay, there’s still good things I can enjoy in life.’ I’m trying to make the soundtrack for that.”
Jelly Roll’s wife, Bunnie Xo, say they have several nicknames for one another."Mama, Mamabear, Papabear, Daddy Roll & J."
PR Newswire says Luke Combs will headline the 2024 Mack, Jack & McConaughey Gala on April 25th in Austin. The gala is a joint fundraising effort by Matthew McConaughey, Jack Ingram, and Mack Brown, and has raised over $41 million for charity.
Stereogum says Madonna apologized to fans in Toronto for accidentally saying "Hello Boston". She asked if they were mad at her. “Are you guys mad at me ’cause I said ‘Hello, Boston!’? I’m sorry. That would be like if you guys were saying, ‘Hey, Lady Gaga’s playing tonight!' I wouldn’t like that. I mean, you know, nothing against Lady Gaga. Love her. I do! I love anyone shorter than me.”
Marca magazine says Taylor Swift has a plan to attend the Super Bowl if Travis Kelce and the Kansas City Chiefs are playing in the Big Game. Despite the 17-hour time difference between Japan, where Swift will be on tour, and Las Vegas, where the Super Bowl will be held, Swift is willing to make the trip to support Kelce. A source says, "Even if it means flying across the world to be there, but once his season is done their agreement is that he'll start putting in the miles."
Page Six says Taylor Swift's cousin recently claimed that he set her up with Travis Kelce. In a TikTok interview, Danny Frye III revealed that he made a love connection between them and has been attending Chiefs games with Swift. Fans think Frye may be the "cupid" Kelce previously mentione
Radar Online says Steve Carell has no plans to be involved in “The Office” reboot.The actor wants to stay away from the reboot because he believes it will damage the legacy of the original show. A source says, "Steve and his wife, Nancy, who is also one of the architects of his career, are the type of people who never like to stay at a party too long. That's one reason revisiting his biggest TV hit is not in the cards for them."
The Daily Mirror says Jennifer Aniston and George Clooney are allegedly clashing over how to honor their late friend Matthew Perry. A source says, "It's a dramatic clash of perspectives as Jennifer remains staunch in her determination to preserve a positive image of Perry. She wants to emphasize the joy he brought into the world, particularly highlighting that he seemed happy on the day he passed away. Clooney, known for his candid honesty, believes being truthful about Matthew's challenges - particularly with addiction - could serve as a valuable lesson and help others facing similar battles."
TMZ says Hulk Hogan recently came to the rescue of a woman, who was involved in a car accident in Clearwater, Florida. The legendary wrestler, along with his friend, witnessed the accident and immediately stopped to help. Hulk and his friend extracted the woman from the overturned vehicle and waited with her until paramedics arrived. A witness said, "He's always played the villain in the ring. Turns out, he's the nicest guy and then some when called upon ... well done, brother!"
Just Jared says Rebel Wilson has gained 30 pounds due to stress. The actress, who previously lost 80 pounds, admitted that the stress has caused her to lose focus on her healthy lifestyle. She posted; “I’m really proud of the work I’ve been doing on new movies and my memoir, it’s just been a LOT and I’ve lost focus on my healthy lifestyle. Anyone else going through the same thing?”
The Sarah O'Connell Show says "Bill & Ted 4" is in the works. Alex Winter says he and Keanu are on board. ‘’We love [the Bill & Ted movies] because they're oddball, and they're not typical mainstream films. They've never been cash-grab movies; nobody has gotten rich off the Bill and Ted series. We really do make them sincerely from a place of love and interest. There's a really good idea that the writers came up with for a fourth that's kind of obvious. I don't want to give it away -- I can't give it away because I would be drawn and quartered -- but it is a really good idea, an obvious idea. It will get written, and we'll see if we can actually get it made.’’
Screen Rant says comedian Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias considered retirement after playing Dodgers Stadium. ‘’I thought about retiring right after. That was an actual thought in a conversation, just because it’s like, ‘ok what do you do now?’...I’ve still got some gas left in the tank, and I still love what I do, but it sucks to be able to say that you saw your peak. Like, I jumped the shark. What do you do now? Like, I’ve got to get a phone call from Elon Musk saying, ‘hey, do you want to do 5 minutes in space?’’’
Top 8 Bedtime Rituals Of Genuinely Successful And Happy People... According to a new article by Marcel Deer
1. Prepping for tomorrow by making to-do lists and planning outfits/ meals in advance
2. Reflecting on the day's successes by writing them down in a notebook
3. Creating a firm boundary between work and personal time, avoiding work-related calls or messages after a certain time
4. Engaging in a focused and quiet activity like reading before bed to quiet the mind
5. Studying or practicing a new skill before sleep to make the most of bedtime routine and improve memory retention
6. Avoiding screens before bed to improve sleep hygiene and avoid stimulating the brain
7. Taking a luxurious bath to relieve mental and physical stress before bed
8. Relaxing the body through activities like stretching, light workouts, or progressive muscle relaxation techniques to release built-up stress and enhance relaxation before sleep.
A new survey by Nationwide reveals that 84% of people expect this January to be their most financially stressful yet. Other findings:
- 52% of people consider January to be the most money-stressed time of the year.
- 51% of people attribute the financial strain in January to Christmas spending, while 43% blame energy costs and 37% cite increased living costs.
A new survey by The Mirror reveals that 24% of adults find it easier to get into "work mode" when listening to music. Other findings:
- 60% of people listen to music while working or studying from home
- 35% of people claim that listening to music makes tasks more fun
- 17% of people believe that music boosts their creativity
- 40% of people feel that they work harder and get better results when listening to music
- 47% of people say that music helps them concentrate
TOP 10 GENRES TO LISTEN TO WHILE WORKING OR STUDYING … According to a new survey by The Daily Mirror
Top 10 Cat Names For 2024 … According to a new survey by Pets At Home
Top 10 Dog Names For 2024 … According to a new survey by Pets At Home
I didn't date in 2023 because I was focused on bettering myself. I lost 73 pounds in 14 months. Now in 2024, I'm ready to date. A man who wouldn't date me when I was overweight has asked me out. My friends say I shouldn't go out with him because he is shallow and didn't want to date me before because of my appearance. Now that I look great he wants to go out. My friends say that I should only date guys who care about what's on the inside. I agree with them, but I also see his point. I wasn't very attractive 14 months ago. I'm not sure I fault him. Should I give him a chance or not?