Today's Best Of Calls:
- TMSPN says the Ann Arbor, Michigan Fire Department had to extinguish 17 fires following the University of Michigan's national championship win. Fans took to the streets and set fire to couches. There were no injuries or damage to buildings or vehicles, and no arrests were made.
- CNBC says Stanley has reported a $676 million increase in revenue over the past four years. The success is partly due to influencers promoting their tumblers on TikTok
- Business Insider says some people are getting $92 checks from Apple because of the iPhone 'Batterygate' scandal. The class action lawsuit alleged that Apple intentionally slowed down older iPhones to encourage people to buy new models
- The Daily Mail says Kevin Hart is defending Jo Koy's awkward performance as host of The Golden Globes. Kevin says, "Jo Koy is a talented, funny guy, and forever will be. People want to highlight the world of bad, but Jo will be good and always has been"
- The Daily Mail says Sinéad O’Connor's official cause of death has been revealed.The coroner has determined that she died of natural causes at her home in London on July 26th. The Police did not suspect foul play
- IGN says a Star Wars "Mandalorian" movie is going into production this year.Director Jon Favreau revealed that it will be called "The Mandalorian & Grogu"
- Billboard says Netflix is releasing a documentary about the making of "We Are The World." Netflix dropped a trailer yesterday called "Greatest Night in Pop." The movie premieres January 29th
- The Guardian says "Killers of the Flower Moon" director Martin Scorsese is working on a film about Jesus. The movie will only be 80 minutes long because he wants it to be accessible to mainstream audiences
- The Hollywood Reporter says Anthony Anderson won't "play it safe" when he hosts Monday night's Emmy Awards. He is promising "something special" and will be joined by several famous friends on stage
- Chew Boom says IHOP is bringing back their Rooty Tooty Fresh 'N Fruity Combos starting at $7. The combos come in four flavors and include pancakes, crepes, French toast, or a Belgian waffle, along with eggs and meat
Top 10 Most Unusual Finds At TSA Security Checkpoints ... According to a new article by Newsday.
1. Bang can (an improvised explosive device) 2. Marijuana-filled adult diaper 3. Firearm with 163 bullets 4. Explosive cartridge 5. Knife in a prosthetic limb 6. 35 mm projectile 7. Meth crab boil 8. Knife in bread 9. Replica rockets in checked luggage 10. Naruto throwing knives in a carry-on bag
Hollywoodlife.com says Timothée Chalamet is denying rumors that his girlfriend Kylie Jenner was mean to Selena Gomez. Timothée was asked about their relationship and confirmed that the two women are "of course" okay. The rumors started after Selena was seen talking to Taylor Swift at the Golden Globes. It's unclear what was actually said.
NME Magazine says Lady Gaga is sharing photos of herself in the studio. She is hinting that new music is on the way. Her last release was 'Chromatica' in 2020.
Tate McRae tells Variety magazine that she's starting to listen to herself more.““I’ve been a very intuitive person my whole life, and I totally lost that the past five years. My intuition was so buried among so many voices. And I did a lot of self-work and meditating and was like, what do I want and who am I? I'm now listening to my inner voices more, and I couldn't be happier."
Billie Eilish tells Variety magazine that she is starting to feel more comfortable with who she is. “My life is feeling good. I feel like I’m becoming a person I really love and doing things I feel really proud of. In many ways in my life, I feel like I’m just now waking up.”
Teddy Swims tells Grammy.com that he's feeling more free since he started being honest with himself. "I'm feeling more free now than at any point in my life. I'm proud of it, and I'm proud of myself. And it's a relief to tell the truth and just get everything off my shoulders."
Paul Russell tells The Cornel Daily Sun newspaper that he once recorded a song in his car. "I made a beat on my computer and ended up recording in my car. When recording in a small space like that, it sounds sort of weird, so I rolled down the windows to avoid the echo."
The Daily Mail says Ben Affleck allegedly finds celebrity life with Jennifer Lopez difficult. An insider says, "Ben and Jen are doing very well... A lot of the times we see Ben upset, it's because he just hates the paparazzi, always following him and Jen. Ben doesn't like red-carpet photos or being snapped by photographers when they are out doing regular life. He knows Jen loves it, so it does put them at odds at times, but they eventually fall back to a place with each other to be happy. So, they butt heads there but it isn't in any way ruining their relationship... They are really in a good place.”
The Daily Mail says Kevin Hart is part of a secret group chat with Tom Cruise, Mark Wahlberg, Harrison Ford and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. Hart says they talk about action movies and share action stories. He could get in trouble for talking about it.
Screen Rant says Kevin Costner is allegedly facing major problems with the planned third and fourth installments of his upcoming Western, “Horizon: An American Saga.” While parts one and two are set for release this Summer, parts three and four have yet to enter production due to funding issues. Costner is currently pitching the threequel to potential financiers, but has had no success thus far.
The Daily Mail says Jeremy Renner is accused of insulting a Reno, Nevada family after he began dating their ex-con daughter. He allegedly sent the daughter explicit photos and called her mother and aunt offensive names when they failed to find his home. The family claims Jeremy refused to shake their hands. His love interest, Amber Monson, was arrested in 2021 for stealing a government car and then leading the police on a high-speed chase near several schools. The family claims Jeremy was drunk when they met
The New York Post says many Taylor Swift fans are falling victim to a scam involving an AI-generated video endorsement. The ad shows a fake version of Taylor offering free expensive cookware to fans that click on a link and answer questions. Participants are then directed to a bogus website where they are asked to pay a small shipping fee, but never receive the cookware.
Geo TV says Meghan Markle is allegedly snubbing her former 'Suits' co-stars.They don't have her phone number. The Duchess of Sussex chose not to attend the Golden Globes with her castmates. Gina Torres, who worked with Meghan on the show, says, "We don't have her number. We just don't so.”
The Sun says Jennifer Lopez is releasing a new album called "This is Me Now".The first single, "Can't Get Enough," is about her incredible love life with Ben Affleck.
The lyrics are steamy and passionate ….
“Take me all night.
“I can feel the passion in your eyes.
“I’m still in love with you.”
“Give me that touching, teasing, so good I can’t believe it.
“Don’t wanna share with no one else.
“You’re always the one I needed.
“Don’t gotta keep a secret, but I’ll let you keep me to yourself.
“It’s the way you love me.
“The way you touch me.
“It’s the way you look at me.
“I can’t get enough of you boy.”
Variety Magazine says Tina Fey is set to star in a new Netflix series called “The Four Seasons”. The show is an adaptation of the 1981 movie of the same name. No other cast members have been announced yet, but there is speculation about potential appearances from Jon Hamm and a Fey/Amy Poehler reunion.
Ace Showbiz says Martin Short is denying rumors he’s dating Meryl Streep. He says they are "very good friends, nothing more." The clarification came after the pair were seen looking cozy at the Golden Globes.
Love Changes Your Brain
The NY Post says a recent study published in the journal Behavioral Sciences has found that falling in love can cause real changes to the brain. Australian researchers analyzed responses from young adults in love. They found that love activates positive feelings, and that oxytocin and dopamine work together to make our loved ones the center of our world.
Top 8 Signs You're Dealing With A Drama King or Queen … According to a new article by Hack Spirit
1) Fuelled by conflict and thrive on chaos, drama lovers seek constant validation and do anything to manipulate situations in their favor.
2) Attention seekers who need to be in the spotlight at all times, often displaying excessive emotionality.
3) Over Exaggerating and blowing situations out of proportion to gain attention and manipulate others.
4) Perpetual victimhood, always turning themselves into the victim regardless of the situation.
5) Engaging in gossip and spilling secrets as a means to stir up drama and gain control.
6) Struggling to form and maintain meaningful relationships due to constant need for attention and conflict.
7) Living on an emotional rollercoaster, experiencing dramatic mood swings regularly.
8) Using passive-aggressiveness as a tool for manipulation and stirring up drama.
10 Unspoken Office Rules ... According to a new article by The Daily Mail
1. Respond to emails promptly
2. Clean up after yourself
3. Avoid gossip
4. Don't complain too much
5. Dress warmly if you complain about being cold
6. Don't leave stains in the bathroom
7. Pretend to have something to say when you pass someone multiple times
8. Avoid microwaving smelly food
9. Don't ask questions at the end of a meeting
10. Take at least two sick days if you're not feeling well
WHAT RESOLUTIONS DO PEOPLE AND THEIR PETS HAVE IN COMMON FOR 2024? … According to a new survey by Basepaws
Exercising more — 71%
Cutting back on treats — 71%
Eating healthier — 64%
Spending more time outside — 59%
Taking better care of our health — 58%
A new survey by Freeletics reveals that 20% of people find it harder to commit to a fitness routine than a partner. Other findings:
- 68% of people are likely to stick with a workout routine that doesn't work for them simply because it's comfortable
- 53% of people have stayed with the wrong partner because it's comfortable
I live in a gated community that's full of families and children. It seems like a majority of the kids are home sick with the flu, the Coronavirus or nasty colds. My husband freaked out the other day when he came home and found seven kids in the living room. All of the children were sick so I volunteered to watch them while their parents were at work. I work from home and the kids are good so it's no big deal. My husband was outraged that I didn't charge the parents some sort of fee. He says I'm being taken advantage of. I told him we're being good neighbors and helping out others. He says we can be all of that and charge a small fee. Where do you stand on this? Is my husband right? Should we be charging?