Today's Best of Calls:
- BroBible says Colorado Buffaloes' football coach Deion Sanders recently turned down a lifetime contract from the school. Sanders appreciates the offer, but doesn't want to commit long-term to Colorado. He is not actively looking for other opportunities
- NBC says the Girl Scouts have discontinued their popular Raspberry Rally cookies. The cookies were introduced last year as part of an online-only sales strategy. This year the organization wants to focus on their classic cookies instead of new ones
- The Daily Mail says Kraft is bringing back its SpongeBob SquarePants Mac & Cheese because of a Change.org petition and many emails to the Kraft CEO. The popular dish has been missing from grocery stores for a decade.
- CNN says Taco Bell is putting breakfast tacos on its menu for a limited time starting on October 12th. The breakfast tacos will cost $1.49 each and will have eggs, cheese, bacon, sausage, and potatoes. Taco Bell's breakfast sales have risen by 9% since it started airing an ad starring Pete Davidson.
- The New York Post says a viral TikTok trend has people eating pineapple before bed because it has melatonin-boosting properties.
- A new study by Arizona State University reveals that married couples who met on a dating app are less satisfied with their marriage compared to those who met in person. Researchers quizzed 923 married adults on marital satisfaction and stability. Results indicated lower quality marriages for those who met online.
- Page Six says Britney Spears is working on a sequel to her upcoming memoir "The Woman in Me." "The Woman in Me" will be released on October 24th and will have bombshells about her life.
- Fox News says Coffee Mate is launching a limited-edition pink "Mean Girls" coffee creamer to celebrate the film's 20th anniversary. The creamer tastes like cake and will be available in stores starting in January 2024.
Top 10 Wealthiest People In The United States… According to a new article by Forbes
1. Elon Musk … $251 billion
2. Jeff Bezos … $161 billion
3. Larry Ellison … $158 billion
4. Warren Buffett … $121 billion
5. Larry Page … $114 billion
6. Bill Gates … $111 billion
7. Sergey Brin … $110 billion
8. Mark Zuckerberg … $106 billion
9. Steve Ballmer … $101 billion
10. Michael Bloomberg … $96.3 billion
Selena Gomez tells Fast Company that her unfollowing Dua Lipa on Instagram was an innocent mistake. "It was an accident! I was just cleaning my Instagram. Then someone called me and asked: 'What happened to Dua?!'"
Variety Magazine says a documentary about famous boy bands like *NSYNC, New Kids on the Block, and Backstreet Boys is being produced by Paramount+. The film will show the bands' fame in the '90s and early-2000s, with interviews and old music clips.
The Express says Adele recently stopped her Las Vegas show to hug music legend Paul McCartney. McCartney was in the audience during her performance.
Geo TV says Justin Bieber's antics are allegedly causing a rift with Hailey Bieber.The couple is reportedly on the brink of ending their five-year marriage. A source says, ‘’He acts like a needy kid all the time and she's constantly having to apologize for him and try to get him to act like an adult."
Miley Cyrus tells Harper's Bazaar magazine that she values honesty and tries to bring it out in people. . “There is nothing sexier than someone being in their honest feelings. So I nurture myself as a human and that radiates through my skin and invites people in to do the same when we’re together, which depends connection.”
TMSPN says the Minnesota Vikings plan to trash talk Travis Kelce when they play the Chiefs this weekend. They are going to mention Taylor Swift. Vikings cornerback Byron Murphy Jr. says, “Oh man, the social media is going crazy. Is she going to come to this game? We’re locked in, but that would be something. I’ve been watching her since I was a kid. That would be cool, for sure. I’m going to say something to him to get him going.”
PEOPLE Magazine says a Zionsville, Indiana man recently created 12-foot skeletons of Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce for Halloween. Michael Owens made "Skaylor Swift" with a blue outfit, microphone, and blonde wig. The Travis Kelce skeleton sports a Kansas City Chiefs jersey and a mustache.
Radar Online says Taylor Swift's friends are worried about her new relationship with NFL star Travis Kelce. They fear she might end up heartbroken. Swift has been spotted at two of Kelce's Kansas City Chiefs games recently. A source tells the website, "Travis has charmed her for now, but they're afraid she'll be sacked and single before long." A source tells US Weekly magazine, "Taylor's really enjoying getting to know Travis. They're taking it day by day, but she has high hopes."
TMZ says one of Leonardo DiCaprio's "Titanic" costumes is going to be auctioned off and could sell for as much as $250,000. Other items up for sale include Michael Keaton's batsuit from "Batman" and Tom Hanks' sneakers from "Forrest Gump". The auction takes place in London in mid-November
New Idea Magazine says Hugh Jackman is ready to find love again. He recently split from his wife of 27 years, Deborra-Lee Furness. The couple remain focused on their family. A source tells the magazine, "Finding love again is one of his biggest priorities."
Page Six says Chris Evans and his wife, Alba Baptista, recently hung out with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in Portugal. They met at a bar. The meeting was completely coincidental. A source tells the newspaper, "The couples did not know each other and their run-in was completely coincidental."
Deadline Hollywood says Mayim Bialik is working on a "Blossom" reboot that won't be a sitcom like before. The original cast and creators are on board for the reboot. The new version will focus on the deep and interesting characters from the original show. Mayim says, "We want to bring back these interesting, deep characters—a child of divorce, a recovering drug addict, an alcoholic—to see them in a whole new way."
Entertainment Tonight says Clint Eastwood almost played Superman in 1978 instead of Christopher Reeves. He rejected the role because he wanted to play a Marvel superhero named Namor the Sub-Mariner. Clint says, "I was like, 'Superman? Nah, nah, that's not for me.' Not that there's anything wrong with it. It's for somebody, but not me. The Sub-Mariner, that's the one I always liked. I had all of those comics when I was a kid"
Rolling Stone Magazine says Chris Tucker has agreed to pay $3.5 million in back taxes. The government initially wanted $10 million for unpaid federal income taxes from 2002, 2006, 2008, and 2010. He had been making payments, but defaulted. Tucker settled a $14 million bill with the IRS in 2014.
The Wrap says a judge has ruled that Lady Gaga doesn't have to pay a $500,000 reward for the return of her stolen dogs. Jennifer McBride sued the singer for breach of contract regarding the reward. McBride was involved in the theft and later returned the dogs. The judge cited McBride's involvement in the crime as the reason why she isn't entitled to the reward.
Top 10 Worst Halloween Candies ... According to a new article by Candystore.com
1. Circus Peanuts
2. Candy Corn
3. Necco Wafers
4. Peanut Butter Kisses
5. Wax Coke Bottles
6. Mary Janes
8. Black Licorice
10. Tootsie Rolls
Top 10 Best Halloween Candies ... According to a new article by Candystore.com
1 Reese’s Cups
3 Hot Tamales
5 Sour Patch Kids
7 Hershey Kisses
8 Candy Corn
9 Hershey Mini Bars
Top 10 Best Foodie Cities ... According to a new report by WalletHub
1. Orlando, Florida
2. Portland, Oregon
3. Sacramento, California
4. Miami, Florida
5. San Francisco, California
6. Tampa, Florida
7. San Diego, California
8. Las Vegas, Nevada
9. Austin, Texas
10. Seattle, Washington
Top 10 Boyfriend Types Based On Zodiac Sign ... According to a new article by the New York Post
.. If the man is ..
1. Aries - Intense, passionate, and uncompromising
2. Taurus - Sensual, romantic, and dependable
3. Gemini - Communicative, spontaneous, and intellectual
4. Cancer - Nurturing, empathetic, and sensitive
5. Leo - Confident, fun-loving, and generous
6. Virgo - Attentive, analytical, and reliable
7. Libra - Charming, diplomatic, and balanced
8. Scorpio - Intuitive, loyal, and mysterious
9. Sagittarius - Adventurous, optimistic, and independent
10. Capricorn - Practical, disciplined, and supportive
Top 10 Musical Instruments People Regret Quitting The Most ... According to a new article by The Ponte Vedra Recorder
My son is a freshman in high school. The first month of school has been rough for him. He's struggling to get good grades and make friends. He was excited on Monday when he came home with an A in his worst class. I found out yesterday he used Chat GPT to do the majority of the assignment. I was furious and am thinking about calling his teacher and making him redo the homework. I think it's cheating. My ex-husband, and his father, says there's nothing wrong with using Chat GPT because all students do it. The 'A' has boosted my son's confidence. He seems like a new man. Now, I'm not sure what to do. If I'm thinking with my head, I'm calling his teacher and having him redo the assignment. If I'm thinking with my heart, I let him skate and use his confidence boost to do the work on his own next time. What would you do if you were me?