Todays Best Of Calls:
- Hollywoodlife.com says Travis Kelce did not attend Taylor Swift's movie premiere last night in Los Angeles. He was preparing for tonight's Chiefs game against the Broncos. Taylor wore a blue floral Oscar de la Renta gown to the premiere. It cost $11,900. Taylor accessorized with a diamond tennis necklace. Taylor has moved up the release date of her film to today
- The Daily Mail says ‘’Friends’’ star Matthew Perry recently asked Elon Musk for a favor when he Tweeted, 'Why can Elon Musk send a woman to the moon and not be able to invent a silent leaf blower?'
- The Daily Mail says Paris Hilton recently shared a funny video of herself riding a motorized suitcase around Las Vegas. She was wearing a black hoodie, baseball cap, and yellow-tinted glasses. Paris was in town for a business trip.
- CNN says Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling are going to star in a new "Ocean's Eleven" prequel. The film is set in the 1960s in Monte Carlo
- Vegan News says Chosen Foods has created a pumpkin spice vegan caviar. It is made with avocado oil. Chosen recommends putting the pumpkin spice caviar on ice cream, fresh pastries and in coffee.
- Mashed Magazine says Starbucks Japan recently introduced a new Halloween drink called the Booooo Frappuccino. It has a black caramel topping, sweet pumpkin pudding, whipped cream and black syrup. Starbucks’ U.S. customers want the Booooo Frappuccino served here
- Brand Eating says Jones Soda is bringing back their Turkey & Gravy Soda for Thanksgiving 2023. A six-pack costs $34.99, while a 12-pack with Sugar Cookie Soda for dessert is priced at $44.99.
- BroBible says USC is preparing for a rainy football game at Notre Dame with a unique training method. Coaches are spraying punt returners with water to mimic inclement weather.
- CBS says researchers from the University of Southern California recently discovered a possible sixth taste. We usually know five tastes - sweet, salty, sour, bitter, and umami. The scientists found that the tongue reacts to ammonium chloride, a common ingredient in Scandinavian salt licorice candies. The ability to taste ammonium chloride might have evolved to help people avoid harmful substances.
- Fortune Magazine says the IRS claims that Microsoft owes $29 billion in back taxes. Microsoft believes they have paid all of their taxes while the IRS says they owe money because of their alleged tax evasion strategies.
- United Press International says a 14 year old from Australia, named Charlie Eggins, recently set a Guinness World Record by solving a Rubik's Cube while blindfolded. He solved the cube in 12.1 seconds. Charlie beat the old record by .68 seconds.
Haunted Houses Worth More Money: Cambrian News says new research by Raleigh Realty reveals that haunted houses could be worth thousands more than regular homes. A ghost adds up to 10% more value to a property. 43% of people believe in the paranormal. 25% of people have lived in a haunted house. A ghost story could boost an average home's value by $35,000.
Ryan Fitzgerald, of Raleigh Realty, says, “Specific types of people are looking for specific types of properties and they want to own a unique property that has history, or interesting stories behind them. A home with a story can fetch up to 10 per cent more than the true market value based on the unique desirability of the property. You have to consider the unique challenges of this sort of property, and the additional costs you might incur when dealing with paranormal activity. “Investigations, exorcisms, renovations and repairs all add up, so definitely think about these costs when making your final offer on a property.”
PEOPLE Magazine says the Jonas Brothers recently invited their dad, Kevin Jonas Sr., to perform with them in Nashville. They sang the Eagles' 1973 song "Desperado"
Adele tells the Daily Telegraph that she's building a room in her house to display precious items and fan gifts. "I'm building a new room in my house. It's not like a museum. That would be very vain, wouldn't it? It's just like I've actually accumulated so many amazing and beautiful things over the last 15 years. It is going to be full of not just things like awards, but things like my silly dolls and letters and things like that. And I'm having this cabinet made, especially for the things from this show that I've been given throughout all the shows."
Taylor Swift tells USA Today that she has recently prioritized her happiness. "I am really, legitimately happy because I prioritized that recently. You have to make sure you're happy first before you can make others happy. Seriously, you actually have more room for joy and happiness in your life when you can genuinely let go of what has not functioned."
Selena Gomez tells Vogue magazine that her little sister has had a huge impact on her mental health. "I learn a lot from my little sister. She's 7 but is so much wiser than me sometimes. It puts things into perspective when I realize how much pressure and high standards we put on ourselves every day - she truly helps ground me."
Jada Pinkett Smith tells People magazine that Chris Rock asked her out in 2016. “I think every summer all the reports would come out that me and Will were getting a divorce. And this particular summer, Chris, he thought that we were getting a divorce. So he called me and basically he was like, ‘I'd love to take you out.’ And I was like, ‘What do you mean?’ He was like, ‘Well, aren't you and Will getting a divorce?’ I was like, ‘No. Chris, those are just rumors'.” Chris apologized
Jada writes about Will slapping Chris at the Oscars in her new memoir. “He had been known to take swipes at me — and from the Oscar stage, no less. That had been in 2016, six years earlier, during what became known as #OscarsSoWhite. It’s not until Will yells from his seat back up at Chris to ‘keep my wife’s name out your f—in’ mouth,’ and then repeats it, that I perceive the gravity of the situation, and that, no, it had not been a skit. But when I hear Will yell ‘wife’ in the chaos of the moment, an internal shift of, ‘Oh s— . . . I am his wife!‘
The Messenger says Gigi Hadid and Bradley Cooper were recently introduced by his ex, Irina Shayk. The two celebrities have been spending time together and bonding over parenting. A source tells the newspaper, "Gigi and Bradley have been casually seeing each other but it is extremely new. Gigi was introduced to Bradley through Irina [Shayk] and their mutual friends in the industry. Gigi and Irina have been close over the years while working together, and Gigi and Bradley have hung out before, but it has always been friendly in social settings.”
A source tells the Daily Mail newspaper, 'Bradley is excited about getting to know Gigi. He hasn't felt this excitement about a woman in a very long time. They are taking it slow, but he's very into her. She is exactly his type. Gigi is a good mother to her daughter Khai, and Bradley finds this very appealing. The supermodel has also scored points for being 'supportive of Bradley's sobriety, which is crucial to him'.
The Daily Mail says Hugh Jackman is dating again after his recent divorce from Deborra-Lee Furness. The couple ended their 27-year marriage last month. A source tells the paper that finding love is one of Jackman's biggest priorities. "Everyone expects Hugh will remarry fairly quickly. He's such a soft-hearted person and is likely to fall for the first girl who catches his eye. There’s everyone from Jennifer Aniston to Sofía Vergara, even Reese [Witherspoon] and Charlize [Theron]. There’s a freeway of ladies lined up around the block to date him."
Cher tells People magazine that she is in love with her 37 year old boyfriend Alexander Edwards. 'It's never too late. Now matter what happens, I just love being with him. He makes me laugh, and we have fun. What I learned is that's never too late.' Cher is 77
The Daily Mail says Arnold Schwarzenegger has no relationship with his former mistress, Mildred Baena. The 76-year-old actor had a son, Joseph, with his former housekeeper while still married to Maria Shriver. Joseph recently turned 26. Arnold provides him with advice.
The International News says Prince Harry is allegedly angry at Meghan Markle over having to share airtime. Harry feels overshadowed by Meghan's popularity at public events. A source says, "Harry is upset that he's becoming an 'also-ran' while everyone fawns over his wife. He wants to have a more equal share of attention and admiration from the public.’’
The New York Post says Madonna's former roommate Whitley Hill, has written a new book titled ‘’Madonna: A Rebel life’’. Hill says her father introduced Al Pacino to Madonna at a dinner in New York City. On the way home, Pacino said Madonna got too close to him. “That friend of your daughter’s stuck her tongue in my ear. When we were driving home, she leaned over and stuck her tongue in my ear!”
US Weekly says Britney Spears talks about Justin Timberlake in her upcoming book, ‘’The Woman In Me’’. The memoir is set to be released on October 24th. Britney is both excited and nervous. A source tells the magazine, "Justin's not going to be happy. She goes after him hard in the book." It is not Britney's intention to hurt anyone; she just wants to share her side of the story.
A new survey by Lidl GB reveals that wine drinkers typically spend $7 on a bottle of wine for themselves, but go up to $15 a bottle to impress their guests. Other findings:
- 44% of people spend more on wine when hosting at Christmas
- 56% of people increase their spending when gifting wine to someone else
- 35% of people purchase expensive wine to impress their guests
- 24% of people wish they knew more about wine
- 31% of people find "wine etiquette" snobbish
Top 5 Phrases Pregnant Women Are Tired Of Hearing ... According to a new article by The Mirror
1. "Wait until the baby is here. Then it's really hard."
2. "Well, this is what you wanted!"
3. "Get your sleep while you can!"
4. "You think a baby is hard, wait till toddler."
5. "You think a toddler is hard, wait till teen."
11 "Healthy" Habits That Are Making You Gain Weight … According to a new article by Best Life Magazine
1 Excessive juicing
2 Eating too many healthy fats
3 Frequently snacking on nutrient-dense foods
4 Eating too many low-fat or diet products
5 Excessively exercising without adjusting diet
6 Going on fad diets
7 Cutting out entire food groups
8 Losing sleep to exercise
9 Restricting to make up for diet slips
10 Opting for vegan versions of junk food
Top 10 Annoying Things Women Wish Men Would Stop Doing ... According to a new article by Max My Money
1. Talking over women
2. Invading personal space
3. Adjusting in public
4. Needlessly aggressive driving
5. Offering unsolicited advice or mansplaining
6. Prioritizing their careers over relationships
7. Focusing on physical appearance and objectifying women
8. Ignoring housework and chores
9. Making inappropriate jokes and comments
10. Being non-communicative or avoiding conversations about feelings
My boyfriend and I are fighting because he won't say he loves me in front of his family. Whenever I end a call with 'I love you' he just says goodbye when he's in front of them. He says he's not ready to tell them he loves me. What is he waiting for and why would he do this? My friends say if he can't say these words in front of his family than I should break up with him because the relationship is going nowhere. I'm sad and confused and don't know what to do. Can you tell me why he won't say 'I love you' in front of his family? Should I end the relationship or stick it out? I need help! What am I missing?