Today's Fonseca Show Best of Calls:
- The New York Post says Tom Brady recently joined Delta Airlines as a strategic advisor. Brady will help develop teamwork tools for Delta's 90,000 employees
- WDIV says Freddie Mercury's piano was recently auctioned off for over $2 million. Lyrics for "Bohemian Rhapsody" were auctioned off for $1.7 million. Freddie’s gold Cartier brooch was sold for $208,000.
- LAD Bible says Shrek Crocs will soon be available. The ogre green clog will have fluffy, brown heel straps, green ears and a nose. No word on a release date
- WGN says DiGiorno has sold out of their new limited-edition pineapple and pickle pizza. It was available online for free. DiGiorno has not announced if they will make more or sell it in stores.
- The Street says Taco Bell is adding a new Mexican Pizza to their menu today. The Cheesy Jalapeño Mexican Pizza features seasoned beef, refried beans, pizza sauce, a three-cheese blend, nacho cheese, and jalapeños.
- Business Insider says some Chick-fil-A restaurants are now using a robot server named Wall-E. The robot can deliver meals and clear tables, but cannot refill drinks - NBC says Subway and Cinnabon are testing a new footlong churro dessert.Subway is also selling Cinnabon Frosted Swirl buns,
- Kellogg's is launching a new Pop-Tart flavor called Frosted Chocolatey Chip Pancake. The Pop-Tart has maple syrup flavored icing and real chocolate chip flakes.
- CNN says Wendy's is adding a pumpkin spice Frosty to its menus starting on September 12th. The limited time dessert has hints of pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- KISS FM says beauty experts believe parting your hair on the left side can make you appear more intelligent and reliable.
Salon magazine says the Rolling Stones announced yesterday that Lady Gaga will be a guest artist on their upcoming album, "Hackney Diamonds." Gaga sings on a new song called "Sweet Sound of Heaven." "Hackney Diamonds" is set to be released on Oct. 20th.
WGN says actress Sarah Francis Jones recently went into labor during Beyoncé's concert at SoFi Stadium. Her baby girl was not due for a few more days. Sarah named her daughter, Nola.
Page Six says Sophie Turner was seen partying at a bar in England just before Joe Jonas filed for a divorce. Turner was doing shots with friends and celebrating finishing filming on her new show, "Joan."
TMZ says Joe Jonas allegedly filed for a divorce from Sophie Turner due to their different lifestyles. She likes to party while he likes to stay at home. The couple released a statement saying, ''After four wonderful years of marriage we have mutually decided to amicably end our marriage. There are many speculative narratives as to why but, truly this is a united decision and we sincerely hope that everyone can respect our wishes for privacy for us and our children.”
A source tells the Daily Mail newspaper, "She feels like her life has stalled after Game of Thrones and so has her personal life. Since the kids came along, she's feeling trapped. Sophie feels like she's only just waking up to what her life and reality really is."
Another source tells the Daily Mail newspaper, 'Now she feels that she wants to make up for the time she's lost as a young person. He (Joe) wants a more settled life but she's not ready for that because she feels that she's not even had a teen or young adult life. Joe would like another kid, he's a real family man. But while Sophie's been in the UK, she's also realized just how much she misses this country; it's the final nail in the coffin for them.'
Forbes magazine says Luke Combs' song "Fast Car" has been stuck at No. 2 on the Hot 100 Chart for eight weeks. This makes it one of 12 songs in U.S. history to hold that position without reaching No. 1.
Usher tells Vibe.com that he loves roller skating. “I started very young and I always wanted to skate with OGs but I couldn’t get it. It wasn’t until I actually got to Atlanta that I really fell in love with skating. Skating is so far much more than what it looks like, to me. It looks like it’s our celebration, our space where we get to just have fun. You’re going to sweat and find something that brings you back to being a kid."
Rema tells W magazine that he's surprised by his fans interest in his love life.“I'm honestly shocked. I'm always being asked if I'm dating anyone. I didn't realize people would be so interested in my private life. I mean, who cares who I'm dating. Or if I'm dating at all?”
The Weeknd tells Interview magazine that he used to not care about owning a house. "No house had really been a home to me. For most of my career, I’ve been on the road. I really worked hard to get to touring in the stadiums, and the cost was not getting too attached to where I live or where I stay."
TMZ says Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are house hunting in Malibu. They toured an $8 million plot of land with a foundation for a 10,000-square-foot house. The couple is considering selling their Montecito home and moving to Malibu for more privacy and security.
The Daily Mail says Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney recently went to "Monarchy Boot Camp" before meeting King Charles. They learned royal etiquette from a coach in order to make a good impression. The meeting was filmed for their show 'Welcome to Wrexham.'
Aaron Rodgers recently talked about seeing a UFO on the "Hard Knocks" show. In 2005, he was with Steve Levy at his house when they saw a large object in the sky. Fighter jets chased it. Aaron says, “Up in the clouds, we saw this tremendously large object moving in the sky. It was like a scene out of ‘Independence Day’ when the ships are coming into the atmosphere and creating this explosion-type fire in the sky. We saw this incredibly large object and froze like anybody would. Eventually, it went out of sight and nobody said a word. We stood frozen, the three of us, on the front stoop of Steve’s house. About 30 seconds later, we heard the real recognizable sound of fighter jets…that seemed to be chasing this object. And again, we just stood there in disbelief for another few minutes. Nobody said a word. And then we all kind of looked at each other saying ‘Did we just see what we think we just saw?’”
The Daily Mail says Gisele Bundchen is releasing a cookbook titled ‘’Nourish’’. In it, she shares her diet secrets, recipes and self-care rituals. The cookbook comes out in March. Giselle says, 'Great food is something I am passionate about, and it is vital for living a healthy lifestyle. In Nourish, I share my family’s favorite simple, nutritious, and delicious recipes and some self-care rituals that help me so much in my life especially as a busy, working mom.'
TMZ says Kourtney Kardashian recently had urgent fetal surgery to save her unborn baby's life. She thanked doctors, Travis Barker, and her mom, Kris Jenner, for their support. Kourtney is now recovering
Comic Book magazine says Taylor Swift's 'The Eras Tour: Concert Movie' is projected to have a $100 million opening weekend. The film will be released on October 13th. Many fans missed Taylor's tour so this movie is a rare opportunity for them to experience it.
Koimoi claims Taylor Swift is allegedly dating an actor. There is no information about the actor's identity yet. A source is quoted by the site as saying. "Taylor Swift is dating another actor and that's why she's in LA so much again."
Page Six says Leonardo DiCaprio was recently seen kissing model Vittoria Ceretti in Ibiza, Spain. The 48-year-old actor and 25-year-old model were at the Hï Ibiza club during an early morning party. A source tells the newspaper, "The pair were making out for a few seconds in the corner as EDM music blasted all around them."
PEOPLE Magazine says Chelsea Handler recently got stung by a wasp on her face.She shared a photo of her swollen eye on Instagram. Handler did not provoke the wasp and was just in her bedroom when she was stung
Us Weekly Magazine says Kevin Costner is "not involved" in any future episodes of "Yellowstone." Efforts to convince Costner to film a few more scenes are ongoing, but no agreement has been reached. The second half of season 5 is delayed and might now air in November.
The New York Post says Kevin's estranged wife, Christine, must pay his divorce attorney fees. She owes $14,237.50
The Blast says Al Pacino's ex-girlfriend, Noor Alfallah, recently filed for physical custody of their 3-month-old son, Roman Alfallah Pacino. Noor wants full physical custody and is agreeing to give Pacino joint legal custody. A child support amount will be determined later by the court.
Top 10 Signs You're Dealing with A Toxic Friend ... According to a new article by Clifton Kopp
1. They're consistently negative
2. They display manipulative behavior
3. They're bad listeners
4. They're overly competitive
5. They're untrustworthy
6. They're overly jealous of your accomplishments
7. They're never genuinely happy for you
8. They drain your emotional energy
9. They're overly critical of you or others
10. You feel obligated to keep them in your life
Top 10 Ways To Stay Fit Without Stepping Foot In A Gym ... According to a new article by StudyFinds
1. Cleaning the car
2. Carrying groceries
3. Doing household chores
5. Walking instead of driving
6. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator
7. Dancing at home
8. Playing with children or pets
9. Stretching or doing yoga at home
10. Participating in outdoor activities like hiking or cycling
Top 10 Reasons Americans Avoid Doctor Visits … According to a new article by Yahoo News
1. Unable to afford care (52%)
2. Anxiety about potential procedures or tests (40%)
3. Fear of receiving bad news or serious diagnosis (39%)
4. Exhaustion from parenting or caretaking (39%)
5. Increased concern about affording treatment this year compared to last year (66% vs. 45%)
6. Not visiting the doctor in the past five years (38% of 26-34-year-olds, 39% of 35-54-year-olds)
7. Less likely for Black Americans to visit the doctor (43%)
8. More anxiety before going to a doctor's appointment this year than last year (48% vs. 39%)
9. Higher feelings of confusion, overwhelmed, or intimidated among Asian Americans and Hispanic/Latino Americans
10. Lack of information leading to more unpreparedness for doctor's visits this year (48%)
Top 10 Most Addictive Foods... According to a new article by Yahoo Finance
5. Ice Cream
6. French Fries
8. Soda (not diet)
Top 10 Most Popular NFL Tailgating Drinking Games and Activities ... According to a new article by List Wire
1. Beer Pong (79%)
2. Flip Cup (53%)
3. Cornhole (33%)
4. Shotgunning Beer (31%)
5. Beer Bong/Funnel (24%)
6. Beer Darts (17%)
7. Power Hour (15%)
8. Beer Die (dice) (10%)
9. Quarters (4%)
10. Keg Stand (1%)
My best friend is getting married this weekend. I am her Maid of Honor. She came to me last night and asked me to cover up my tattoos for the wedding. I'm wearing an off-the-shoulder dress so both of my arm and shoulder tattoos as well as my back tattoos are going to show. She says people are complaining. Her parents want the tattoos covered so the wedding pictures look classy. They say I look like Dennis Rodman. I was completely offended. My friend asked me to be her Maid of Honor knowing I had the tatts. I feel asking me to cover them is an unreasonable request even though it's her big day not mine. I think she should accept me just the way I am. What would you do if you were me? Cover the tatts or not? Did my friend make an unreasonable request? Am I being difficult and high maintenance or is she?