This weeks Your Nerd Side Show:
- CNN says a teacher shortage is plaguing schools across America. Some schools are not able to offer upper level Math and Science courses because they have no teachers to teach them
- Inside Retail says Mentos is launching a new line of air fresheners inspired by their candy flavors. Scents include Grape, Mint, Strawberry, and Pineapple. The $4 air fresheners can be hung anywhere and last for 30 days.
- The International News says Harry Styles and Miley Cyrus won't be performing at halftime of the Super Bowl. The website says Jack Harlow and Bad Bunny are in the mix to perform
- Fansided says Philadelphia Cream Cheese is bringing back its Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese for a limited time. The popular product first came out in 2013.
- The Impulsive Buy website says Kellogg's "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown Cereal" was recently spotted on store shelves. The green-and-orange Halloween cereal has orange marshmallows.
- The New York Post says the owner of Arby's and Buffalo Wild Wings is nearing a deal to purchase Subway for $9.6 billion. Subway operates 37,000 restaurants in over 100 countries. The deal could be finalized as early as this week
- Simplemost says Sam's Club is now selling Pumpkin Spice Empanadas. The empanadas are made with real pumpkin and cream cheese and can be warmed up in an air fryer or oven. Each package of twenty sells for $12.68. - LADbible says Dave Bautista and Jason Momoa are teaming up for a new action movie called ‘’The Wrecking Crew’’. The film is described as a ‘buddy action comedy’. The plot is being kept a secret
Entertainment Tonight says Rihanna recently gave birth to her second child with A$AP Rocky. The couple welcomed a baby boy, whose name begins with an "R", on August 3rd in Los Angeles. The couple plans to keep the baby out of the public eye
Adele tells The Daily Mail that quitting coffee left her with horrible migraines. "I decided this week to stop drinking coffee and I've had a migraine all week. I had a splitting headache for two days because I cut it out. My head was pounding."
Stoic New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick tells WEEI that he is a Taylor Swift fan after seeing her perform at a rainy Gillette Stadium. "That was pretty impressive. She's tough, man. She just stood out there and played right through it."
When asked if he's a Swifte, he said, "Officially? I don't know about that. I don't know what officially is. What does that mean, like you have a sweatshirt or something?"
Page Six says Taylor Swift recently made a funny 15-minute speech at Jack Antonoff and Margaret Qualley's wedding. Lana Del Rey sang a song for the couple's first dance. A source tells the newspaper, "Swift hilariously and lovingly roasted the couple during her lengthy toast."
Selena Gomez tells Vanity Fair magazine that she doesn't want to censor herself anymore. "I've been so careful about what I say about my life and what I hide. I've realized that it's unneccessary. It's better to be open with people than to try and hide things. I'm not censoring myself anymore."
WKKJ says Nicole Combs recently addressed a rumor about her husband, Luke Combs, shaving his head like Morgan Wallen. Nicole told fans on Instagram that the rumor was not true and not to believe everything they see on the Internet.
WCRZ says a Taylor Swift look-a-like, named Ashley Leechin, recently caused a frenzy at a Los Angeles mall and Disney. She dressed like the pop star and had fake security guards. Some fans believed Ashley was the real Taylor Swift and tried to take selfies with her.
The Daily Mail says Britney Spears is refusing to give up custody of her dogs to her estranged husband, Sam Asghari. The couple has a Doberman, named Porsha, and an Australian Shepherd, named Sawyer. A source tells the newspaper, Regarding [Britney and Sam's shared] property, the most difficult part of dividing any assets will be their two dogs,' the source explained. 'But Sam gave Porsha to Britney as a present and she was the one who wanted to adopt Sawyer when they were in Maui.'
The Daily Star says Britney Spears is allegedly rewriting her memoir to include her recent split from Sam Asghari. The book, titled "The Woman in Me," is set to be released on October 24th. A source tells the newspaper, "Britney is keen to ensure she takes control of the narrative, and there is no better way than to say what happened in her own words in her book."Britney is also planning new music to take her mind off the split.
TMZ says Spears' book will not change due to her recent divorce. A source tells the website, "Britney gave her final sign-off on the book and had no right to demand any further changes."
The Sun says Britney Spears' estranged husband, Sam Asghari, recently filed for a divorce because he felt "ill-equipped" to handle her issues. A source tells the newspaper, "The truth is that Sam has been like a psychiatrist to her and has effectively been her therapist helping her after she got out of the grasp of her father. Sam has helped her maneuver the real world and that has not been easy. Britney has tried to get back to regular life with Sam as her nurse and maid and therapist, but he is not equipped to do that. The relationship turned into a ticking time bomb.’’
The Daily Beast says Prince Harry is not going to meet with King Charles and Prince William anytime soon. They were supposed to talk in September, but it is not happening. A friend of William’s says William feels "utterly betrayed" by what Harry wrote about him in his memoir. Another source says Charles wants peace, but a meeting with Harry is not likely before his visit to France.
RadarOnline.com claims Michael Jordan has allegedly gained 40 pounds recently.The former basketball star is indulging in food without holding back. A source tells the site, "He's happy and enjoying himself. He eats what he wants. He'll eat seven-course meals and still have room for dessert."
The Daily Mail says Sandra Bullock plans to scatter her late partner Bryan Randall's ashes at sea in the Bahamas. This is where they were photographed kissing on a beach. Bullock and Randall exchanged commitment vows there in 2017. A source tells the newspaper, 'The place was just so special to them both. They would take over the entire island so they could just be themselves. It was a place where they shared some of their happiest times together and with the kids and friends. They would go there for weeks at a time. It holds a lot of meaning and it just makes sense for that to be where she says goodbye to him.'
The Daily Mail says Tiffany Haddish recently bought a wedding dress even though she has no plans to get married. Tiffany split from Common in November 2021. She says, "'It was beautiful and it looked like something I could wear on a yacht or whatever. I'm dyeing it this beautiful blue color — it's almost like a purplish blue — and it is going to be amazing.’’
People magazine says things are going well between Tom Brady and Irina Shayk.A source tells the magazine, "He is her dream guy. She loves dating him. They work around their schedules and meet up wherever they can. Irina doesn’t mind traveling to see him. She is very excited about their relationship.”
Dogs Show More Emotions Than Cats
Earth.com says a recent University of Lincoln study found that dogs display a broader range of emotions than cats. Researchers studied 438 people and their pets. They found that dogs show emotions 65% of the time while cats show their emotions 58% of the time. 85% of cats show anger compared to 60% of dogs.
Top 7 Dieting Mistakes To Avoid ... According to a new article by The Statesman
1. Extreme Caloric Restriction
2. Overlooking Nutrient Balance
3. Skipping Meals
4. Rigid Elimination of Food Groups
5. Ignoring Portion Sizes
6. Relying on "Quick Fixes"
7. Not Personalizing Your Diet
Worst Pickup Lines ... According to a new article by Pinkvilla
1. Do you believe in aliens? Because you just abducted my heart.
2. Do you have a name, or can I call you mine?
3. Is your name Google? Because you have everything I've been searching for.
4. If you were a vegetable, you'd be a cute-cumber!
5. Are you a parking ticket? Because you've got 'fine' written all over you.
6. Are you a campfire? Because you're hot, and I want s'more.
7. Did it hurt when you fell from heaven? Because your face is kind of messed up.
8. Is your dad a baker? Because you're a cutie pie.
9. Do you like Star Wars? Because Yoda one for me!
10. Are you made of copper and tellurium? Because you're Cu-Te.
A new study by Forbes reveals that men are more likely to damage their cars while parking than women. Other findings:
- 21% of men and 14% of women have had a minor collision while parking in the last year
- 16% of men and 8% of women have hit another car or stationary object four times in the last year
- Men are 50% more likely than women to hit another car while parking
- 53% of men and 37% of women rate themselves as good at parking
My boyfriend is probably going to end our relationship because of our vacation disaster. I returned to work yesterday after being out for a week. My boyfriend and I were booked to go to the Bahamas. When we got to the gate a week ago, he got stopped because his passport had expired. I told him a million times to renew it. He kept saying he was going to do it. My passport was good so I decided to continue on with my vacation. He was outraged I would go without him. I don't get much time off so this was a golden opportunity to relax. I wasn't going to allow him to ruin it. He says it's wrong I went alone and left him at home. Is he right? Was I wrong in going alone? What would you have done if you were me?