Fonseca Show Best of Calls:
- USA TODAY says tomorrow night's Powerball jackpot is worth $1.4 billion.Powerball and Mega Millions jackpots are breaking records because of online ticket buying and an extra lottery day. Lottery officials say online sales attract younger players.
- PEOPLE Magazine says Tom Brady's last Tampa Bay Buccaneers jersey is going to be auctioned off at the Las Vegas Grand Prix on November 17th. The jersey is expected to sell for a record-breaking $2.5 million. Brady wore the jersey in his last NFL game
- LADbible says Canada's Porter Airlines recently launched new planes that do not have middle seats. Passengers can choose between roomy window or aisle seats. The airline serves various destinations throughout North America
- TMZ says an anonymous Philadelphia man recently bought $4,500 worth of Miller Lite for an entire section during a Phillies playoff game. Fans cheered as the vendor announced the free drinks. The Phillies won and advanced to face the Atlanta Braves.
- NBC says Taco Bell is giving away free tacos during the World Series. Their "Steal a Base, Steal a Taco" promotion starts on October 27th. The first player to steal a base in the Series will be the "Taco Hero," with free tacos being given to Taco Bell Rewards Members.
- Totally the Bomb says Hershey's is now selling frozen fruit dipped in chocolate.The fruits include banana slices, strawberries, raspberry slices, blueberries, and more. They are covered in white cream and milk chocolate and cookies 'n' creme. The fruit can be found at Walmart
- The New York Post says Miami Dolphins receiver Tyreek Hill was recently fined $7,000 by the NFL for not wearing socks during a game against the Denver Broncos. Hill didn't have time to put on socks because he was getting an IV. He is filing an appeal
Page Six says Britney Spears' father, Jamie Spears, is in the hospital with a bad infection. He had surgery and has been in the hospital for weeks. source tells the newspaper that the 71-year-old is "severely ill."
Martin Short tells People magazine that he was worried Selena Gomez was going to be a diva before they started filming their comedy series "Only Murders in the Building". "The first day we shot, I had never met Selena. Because of COVID, we'd only Zoomed. And I was driving to work and I thought, 'I wonder what Selena's could be like? I mean, she could be a nightmare. She could be a pop princess nightmare. Right away - from the first second we started to the make-up room - it was, like, fabulous."
TMZ says Taylor Swift concert tickets were recently auctioned off for $15,000 at Selena Gomez's charity event. The money is going towards mental health and self-acceptance awareness. A source says, "The lucky fan was ecstatic, snagging two tickets to any future Taylor Swift concert around the world."
Us Weekly says Ariana Grande recently moved in with her new boyfriend, Ethan Slater. The couple met while filming "Wicked" together. Both Ariana and Ethan divorced their respective spouses earlier this year. A source tells the magazine, "They're really happy and really good for each other. All of her friends love him."
NME Magazine says Ed Sheeran was recently serenaded by his hometown soccer team, the Ipswich Town Football Club. They sang his song "Perfect" in their locker room after a game. Ed donated a signed shirt and guitar to the team.
Seriously? OMG! says Dancing with the Stars is planning a Taylor Swift night this season. Dancer Peta Murgatroyd accidentally revealed the news to Billboard recently. The show will have dances set to Swift's hit songs. It is not yet known when this special episode will air.
The NY Post says the NFL is allegedly using Taylor Swift's relationship with Travis Kelce to get her to perform at a future Super Bowl halftime show. They have been promoting her concert movie, "Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour", for free on networks like NBC and ESPN. In return, they hope she will perform at the halftime show in 2025. Taylor has turned down their offers before.
Us Weekly Magazine says Hugh Jackman is writing a memoir with "big bombshells." Hugh and his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, recently decided to divorce after 27 years of marriage. The book will cover his life and experiences. A source tells the magazine, "It's been very healing for him. He's finally being honest with himself and this book is the first step."
Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan recently ruled out a Breaking Bad spinoff focusing on Walt Jr. He says he'd hate to see Walt Jr. follow in his father's criminal footsteps and become an Albuquerque crime lord. " That's probably the kind of thing somebody will pitch 10 or 15 years from now — Walter Jr. as an Albuquerque crime lord succeeding where his father failed. I could pretty much guarantee right now that I have no interest in seeing that happen. That'd be a sad tribute to the show.’’
Dark Horizons says Taylor Swift's "The Eras Tour" concert film has broken records with over $100 million in advance ticket sales. The film will be shown in 8,500 cinemas across 100 countries when it opens on Friday the 13th. The film is projected to earn over $100 million during its opening weekend.
Travis Kelce's mother, Donna, tells the Got It From My Momma podcast that hanging out with Taylor Swift is surreal. "I feel like I'm in an alternate universe. because it's something that I've never been involved with ever before." When asked what her favorite Swiftie song is, she said, ‘’Shake It Off’’
WLKY says a Sun Prairie, Wisconsin woman recently decorated her front lawn with Halloween displays inspired by Taylor Swift's albums. Katelyn McLaughlin has skeletons dressed in handmade outfits that represent Swift's different musical eras. The display is named the "sc-Eras" tour.
John Wick director Chad Stahelski tells Inverse magazine that another John Wick movie is a possibility. “I have notebooks and notebooks behind me, John Wicks 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. We have ideas for days. We just don’t have the story locked. I have no interest in doing the cash grab of bringing John Wick back for something. Is he a character I like? Of course. And if I did a couple of John Wick movies, great. Keanu would do one again in a second if we had a good story. We leave that open-ended. I know that the studio would love us to say we have another one.’’
The Daily Mail says Chris Rock is set to direct a Martin Luther King Jr. biopic, with Steven Spielberg executive producing.The movie is based on a recent biography by Jonathan Eig called "King: A Life". The film aims to show the real story of Martin Luther King Jr. beyond his public image.
The Daily Mail says Paris Hilton's memoir is being turned into a TV series. Elle and Dakota Fanning are producing the show. The book talks about Paris Hilton's life, challenges, and successes.
"Cookie Jarring" Dating Is Trending
Psychology Today says cookie jarring is the latest dating trend. It occurs when someone dates multiple people at once in case their main relationship fails. This behavior can make the person being "jarred" feel used and emotionally upset. Early signs of being cookie-jarred include uncertainty, lack of commitment, one-sided effort, and avoidance of defining the relationship.
Pickup Truck Survey
A new study by Cars.com reveals that 47% of consumers find pickup truck owners more attractive than car owners. Other findings:
- Many Americans own a truck for the "cool factor"
- Searches for new pickups have increased by 4% over 2022
A new survey by Resumebuilder.com reveals that 45% of job seekers exaggerate their AI skills. Other findings:
- 32% of people lie about their AI skills on their resumes
- 30% of people lie about their AI skills during an interview
- 80% of those who lied about their AI skills were hired for the job they applied for
- 65% of current office workers admit to exaggerating their AI skills at work
Top 10 Questions To Avoid When Making Small Talk ... According to a new article by BestLife
1. Why aren't you drinking?
2. Are you dating anyone?
3. Do you have kids?
4. How much do you make?
5. What's wrong with your face/teeth/skin/etc?
6. How old are you?
7. When are you getting married?
8. Why don't you eat meat? (or any other dietary preference question)
9. Are you pregnant or trying to get pregnant?
10. What's your heritage or where are your parents from?
Top 10 Truths Men Don't Want Women To Know ... According to a new article by Wealth of Geeks
1. They're Embarrassed by The Man They Used To Be
2. They Want a Hug and Emotional Support
3. They Have Low Self-Esteem
4. They're Afraid of Being Replaced
5. They Fear Their Friends' Judgment
6. They Want to Unwind with "Alone Time"
7. Mental Health Struggles are Common
8. Body Image Issues Affect Men Too
9. They Crave Validation and Compliments
10. Fathers Also Struggle with Parenthood
My fiance recently got her wisdom teeth out. As she was coming out from being under anesthesia she started saying some crazy things that shocked me. She made several awful comments about me and our relationship. She then went on to talk about her ex-fiance. By the way she was speaking you would have thought she was still in love with him. I left the room because it started to get graphic and uncomfortable. I told my mom about the conversation. She chalked it up to my girlfriend being woozy. A friend at work says people tend to express their true feelings when they are under anesthesia or drunk. I'm extremely confused. Is my mom or my friend right? What should I do next? Who do I believe?