Today's Best of Calls:
- Mashed Magazine says Grinch Mimosas are trending. The recipe calls for orange juice, champagne, and blue curacao which gives the drink its signature green color. Some are garnishing the drink with sliced strawberries and edible glitter
- CBS says some retailers are shutting down self-checkout lines in an effort to combat holiday shoplifting.
- Totally the Bomb says Starbucks has added a new holiday drink to their menu.The Merry Mint White Mocha is made with espresso, white chocolate sauce, milk, peppermint chocolate cream, cold foam and chocolate curls.
- The Denver Post says some Polish families are adorning their Christmas trees with pierogi ornaments instead of pickle ornaments. Children who find the pierogi ornaments win a prize.
- KSII says a massive 100-foot Elf on the Shelf is watching over children in Scottsdale, Arizona. The gigantic elf is located on a street corner and is climbing a pointed tower that has been covered in holiday wrapping paper.
- The Santa Monica Patch website says the Santa Monica, California Pier is celebrating the holiday season with a 90-foot snowman. It’s being displayed alongside the pier’s famous Ferris wheel
- The NY Post says today, Friday, December 15th, is the least romantic day of the year. Experts from Superdrug blame the lovemaking decrease on less daylight and increased holiday stress
- The Chicago Tribune says Emmy Award-winning actor Andre Braugher died from lung cancer. He was diagnosed with the disease earlier this year and passed after a brief bout.
- The New York Daily News says "America's Most Wanted" is returning to Fox with John Walsh and his son. Callahan. as the hosts. The show, which first aired in 1988, was instrumental in capturing over 1,190 criminals.
- Deadline Hollywood says Pete Davidson and Eddie Murphy are going to star together in a new Amazon film titled “The Pickup”. The movie is described as a heist comedy. Plot details are being kept a secret
- Business Insider says Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is building a $100 million compound in Hawaii that has a 5,000-square-foot underground bunker, an escape hatch, 30 bedrooms, 30 bathrooms and tree houses
Santa Going Broke Because Kids Have Expensive Tastes This Xmas: The NY Post says wealthy kids are requesting luxury designer items instead of toys for Christmas. Children, as young as eight, are asking for high-end fashion and beauty products like $750 Moncler jackets, $140 Uggs, $670 Hermes bangles, and $100 Charlotte Tilbury cream. Parents blame social media, particularly TikTok and Instagram, for influencing their children's taste. Personal shoppers and stylists confirm that kids are now into labels and designer brands. Some parents are indulging their children's expensive tastes, while others are trying to set boundaries and teach them about the value of items.
Top 10 Worst Holiday Toys Of 2023 ... According to a new article by WATCH (World Against Toys Causing Harm)
Disney The Little Mermaid King Triton’s All-Powerful Trident: Potential For Blunt Force and Eye Injuries!
Original Squishmallows-Raisy: Potential For Suffocation!
Soccer Boppers: Potential For Blunt Force and Impact Injuries!
Diecast Fast-Food Truck: Potential For Choking Injuries!
Our Generation Hop In Dog Carrier: Potential For Choking Injuries!
Orbeez Seeds- Rainbow: Potential For Choking and Ingestion Injuries!
Splat-R-Ball Dude Perfect Blaster: Potential For Eye Injuries!
B Toys Make A Melody Musical Instrument Set: Potential Ingestion and Choking Injuries!
Zoom- O Turbo Disc Launcher: Potential For Face and Eye Injuries!
Carve Pro Stunt Scooter: Potential For Head and Other Impact Injuries!
People Magazine says Ed Sheeran and Elton John recently exchanged ugly Christmas sweaters for Xmas
TMZ says Olivia Rodrigo and actor Louis Partridge were spotted kissing and getting handsy with each other in New York City. The pair was caught kissing at a gas station. Rumors of their dating started in October when they were seen together in London.
Page Six says Taylor Swift is wearing a custom gold beaded friendship bracelet with Travis Kelce's nickname, "TRAV."
Perez Hilton says Selena Gomez is head over heels for her boyfriend Benny Blanco. A source says, “She’s all in and happy to be shouting her love from the rooftops. Selena says he dotes on her like a princess and she’s head over heels.”
The Daily Mail says Drake and Camila Cabello were seen together in the Caribbean. They were riding jet skis and having an intimate conversation at Noah's Ark Beach Club in Turks & Caicos. Drake is a regular at the club
Jelly Roll tells The New York Times that the craziest phone call he's ever made is when he called his mother to tell her he had been nominated for two Grammys. “I called my mother the same time, but it was me getting to call a woman I’ve called from jail, a woman I’ve called homeless, a woman I’ve called addicted, a woman I’ve had to sit down and tell he I had a drug addiction, a woman I’ve had to tell her I was running from the police, a woman I’ve had to call with all this horrible news… and I got to call and say I just got nominated for two Grammys… it’s the craziest call you can make.”
The Daily Mail says a Russian oligarch, named Dmitry Tsvetkov, wanted Tom Cruise to play him in a movie until he found out that Cruise is dating his ex-wife. Tsvetkov recently split from his spouse, Elsina Khayrova, and was surprised to learn about her new romance with Cruise. He says, "A friend of mine who is a producer in Hollywood said, 'Why don't we do a movie?' It would be about the three assassination attempts, about the divorce. And I said, ‘Fine but only if Tom Cruise can be the actor'. When I was at school in Russia the guy was so popular. I have enjoyed his movies and he is a great actor. I would make the movie like Mission: Impossible."
Page Six says Madonna upset her fans by starting her Brooklyn concert three hours late. The "Material Girl" didn't take the stage until 11 p.m., causing fans to take to social media to express their frustration. Some fans defended Madonna and said she was worth the wait while others demanded refunds
KBZS says an Austin, Texas BBQ company, named Leroy and Lewis, has launched Texas Chainsaw Massacre dry rubs for beef, pork, and chicken. The seasonings feature the franchise’s iconic characters on each container and can be purchased for $40. The rubs include Hitchhiker's Dry Rub, Leatherface's Dry Rub and Cook’s Dry Rub
Radar Online says Jessica Biel is sticking by Justin Timberlake despite the backlash from Britney Spears' bombshell accusations. A source says, "Of course, Justin and Jessica were affected by the accusations. Justin makes no excuses for his past behavior, and he's sorry but he's a different person now, with a family, a career, responsibilities. Jessica knows that."
The Daily Mail says Tom Brady and a mystery woman attended the grand opening of the Fontainebleau Hotel in Las Vegas. They partied together until 2:40 a.m. At one point, Tom and Justin Timberlake rolled dice. Lainey Gossip says Justin made $6 million for a one-hour performance at the grand opening of the Fontainebleau
Variety Magazine says Amber Heard claims her ‘’Aquaman’’ co-star Jason Momoa got drunk and dressed like Johnny Depp on the set of their film. Business Insider quotes Amber as saying, "Jason said he wanted me fired. Jason drunk — late on set. Dressing like Johnny. Has all the rings too.’’ A source tells Variety, “Momoa likes to have a beer once in a while like everyone else. He doesn't show up drunk to set."
'Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom' opens in theaters on Friday, December 22nd.
The Daily Beast says Larry David will retire his "Larry David" persona after the 12th season of ‘’Curb Your Enthusiasm.’’ He posted; “As Curb comes to an end, I will now have the opportunity to finally shed this ‘Larry David’ persona and become the person God intended me to be—the thoughtful, kind, caring, considerate human being I was until I got derailed by portraying this malignant character. And so ‘Larry David,’ I bid you farewell. Your misanthropy will not be missed. And for those of you who would like to get in touch with me, you can reach me at Doctors Without Borders.”
In Touch Weekly says Jennifer Aniston and the "Friends" cast are planning a private party to celebrate the life of Matthew Perry. The gathering will take place at Jennifer's home and will allow the castmates to reminisce about their favorite times with Matthew. A source says, “It was always their plan to get together just the five of them, so they could feel comfortable about saying whatever’s on their minds. They’ll reminisce about some of their favorite times with Matt and share stories and laugh and cry.”
In Touch Weekly says Ben Affleck's mother is allegedly wary of Jennifer Lopez and her Christmas plans. A source tells the magazine, “They both want their moms to fly in and spend time together, but Christine [Affleck] has never really gelled with Lupe [Lopez], so they’ve always been tactfully kept apart. To be fair, Casey Affleck isn’t too keen on Jennifer either. Ben is still trying to sweet-talk her into inviting him. Add Jennifer’s two sisters to the mix and it’s a recipe for chaos. Jennifer and Ben have this [vision] of the perfect Christmas, with in-laws toasting and hugging, but the reality is far from it.”
Page Six says Bradley Cooper recently purchased a home near Gigi Hadid's family farm in New Hope, Pennsylvania. Their relationship is getting serious. Cooper was born near Philadelphia and even attended his high school reunion there.
Office Xmas Party Affairs
A new survey by RANT Casino reveals that 33% of workplace affairs start at the office Christmas party. Other findings:
- 25.5% of people have flirted with a colleague
- 15.1% of people have developed romantic feelings for a colleague
- 22.2% of people kept their office affair hidden
- 17% of cheating co-workers have been caught by a colleague
Holiday Chores .. Women vs Men .. According to a new survey by Starling Bank
Buy presents (57% of women vs 8% of men)
Wrap presents (58% vs 10%)
Plan Christmas dinner and buy it (51% vs 12%)
Cook Christmas dinner (49% vs 19%)
Dressing kids (47% vs 6%)
Attend the children’s nativity play (28% vs 6%)
Leave out treats for Santa Claus (36% vs 11%)
Buy the tree and decorations (46% vs 16%)
Write Christmas cards (62% vs 10%)
Clean the house for guests (42% vs 12%)
Tidy up after guests (28% vs 15%)
Best And Worst Things About The Holidays... According to a new poll by KGAB
1. People are kinder
2. Anticipation of gifts for kids
3. Special meaning for Christians
4. Cash registers ringing for businesses
5. Holiday parties and food
1. Financial pressures
2. Uncertainty of spending
3. Single parents and low-income families struggling
4. Being alone during the holidays
5. Icy roads and cold weather in certain areas
Unwanted Gift Survey
A new survey from finder.com reveals that 53% of people have received at least one unwanted gift during the holidays. Other findings:
- clothing and accessories are the least desired gifts, followed by household items and cosmetics/fragrances.
- adults receive an average of $66 worth of unwanted gifts
I'm being chastised because I'm giving my wife gift cards for Christmas. Everybody I know says the cards are a cop-out and show no effort. I think the cards are fine because my wife will then be able to go out and get what she likes. What side of the fence are you on? Are gift cards a cop-out at Christmas? A few friends say gift cards are fine for them, but not your wife. They say it looks like I've checked out. What's your stance on this?