Today's Fonseca Show Best of Calls:
- AAA says 95 million Americans are planning to travel during the upcoming Labor Day weekend. Over 16 million are going on an RV vacation.
- Distractify says Bed Rotting is trending on Tik Tok. It involves staying in bed all day as a form of self-care. It is meant to help people cope with stress and anxiety
- USA TODAY says men are wearing crop tops again like they did in the '70s, '80s and '90s. Celebrities like Harry Styles and Lil Nas X have been seen in them.
- MarketWatch says Apple has scheduled its iPhone 15 launch event for September 12th. The company is expected to release four new models, including two Pro versions and two regular devices.
- The Daily Mail says Elon Musk is opening a Tesla diner in Hollywood. The diner will have a drive-in movie theater and charging stations. Customers can enjoy the cinema while eating and charging their cars
- Engadget says Samsung is selling a $20,000 TV. The 85-inch Terrace Full Sun Outdoor TV has a QLED screen for viewing in direct sunlight. The 65-inch model costs $6,500
- PR Newswire says Panera is celebrating Fall by bringing back their Cinnamon Crunch Latte and a new Cinnamon Crunch Bagel sandwich
- The Daily Mail says the song "I'm Just Ken" from the Barbie movie is a front-runner for Best Original Song at the Oscars. Ryan Gosling performs the track in the film. Billboard magazine predicts another song from the movie, Billie Eilish's "What Was I Made For," may also be nominated.
- The NY Post says the pop group Aqua is capitalizing on the success of the "Barbie" movie by going on tour. The "Barbie Girl" hitmakers will visit 20 cities throughout North America beginning this November. A statement from the trio reads, "We've been working for this for 27 years. We cannot wait to meet everyone for the first time, face to face."
- UPI says David Rush and Josh Horton, of Idaho, recently broke the world record for most hugs in one minute. They embraced 163 times and submitted a final count of 153 after reviewing their footage. They beat Anthony Anderson and Darius Rucker’s record of 138 hugs.
Bang Showbiz says Selena Gomez recently broke her hand. She posted; "Broke my hand and had surgery. I don't care about selling anything. I'm just happy to make music with my friends."
Rolling Stone magazine says Bob Dylan gave Post Malone lyrics for a song. The song is called "Be Not Deceived" and is about a loss of innocence. Malone has recorded about 40% of it. He was in tears after receiving the song.
Olivia Rodrigo tells Hits Radio that TikTok can sometimes be very productive for songwriting. "I wrote 'Traitor' in my bedroom when I was very sad one day, and I actually came up with the idea for a song when I was looking at a TikTok. I saw a girl who was kind of going through a similar situation to what I was going through, and she was kind of feeling these same feelings that I had been going through for a while. For some reason watching her talk about how she felt about it gave me some clarity on how I felt. Super random but TikTok can sometimes be very productive – you heard it here first!"
Koimoi says Taylor Swift has rented 179 rooms at the five-star Four Seasons Hotel in Mexico. Her concert crew is staying there during her shows in Mexico City
Backstreet Boys star Nick Carter tells Yahoo Entertainment that the band is like a second family. "In some ways, we're closer than family. We lean on each other, we tell each other everything. We're always there for each other."
Usher tells Vibe.com that he wants people to fall in love with R&B music again. “I want people to cherish it more. I want people to fall in love with ballads again. I want people to fall in love with the masculinity of these songs and what these men were saying to women. I want people to fall in love with the honesty and the discomfort of being able to talk over a record and offer a narrative that made you want to sing along with this person.”
Luke Combs tells Esquire magazine that he'll know when it's time to hang it up.“You obviously would love for it to keep going. But everything has to end someday. I’ll be bummed to see it end, but my son would still smile when I got home, so it’s fine.”
CBS will honor the late Bob Barker with a prime-time special on Thursday night called "The Price is Right: A Tribute to Bob Barker." The special will also be replayed on Labor Day. Barker recently died at the age of 99. The tribute will be hosted by current Price is Right host Drew Carey.
TMZ says Bob Barker watched "Two and a Half Men" in his final days. He left most of his estate to 40 non-profits. The organizations promote animal rights and help military veterans. Some assets will also go to the United Activists for Animal Rights charity, led by Barker's girlfriend Nancy.
The Daily Mail says Meghan Markle is going to make $1 million per post when she returns to Instagram. She has 103,000 fans awaiting her comeback even though she hasn't posted anything yet. Experts believe she could become one of the world's top ten highest-paid influencers.
Page Six says Britney Spears is facing massive legal bills that could strain her finances. She has no new music and her only income is coming from her upcoming memoir. Her divorce lawyers' fees could reach up to $2,000 an hour.
The Daily Star says Britney Spears' family is worried about her mental state after her split from Sam Asghari. They fear she may be heading for a breakdown and want to help her. A source tells the newspaper, "Britney's family have been very worried about her. They feared she was heading towards another breakdown and that she might not survive another one."
The Daily Mail says Britney Spears allegedly thinks her ex, Sam Asghari, secretly worked with her father, Jamie, to keep her in her conservatorship. They started dating in 2016, before Sam filed for a divorce. A source tells the newspaper, "Britney has reason to believe that Sam was secretly working with her dad Jamie from early on in their relationship. In exchange, Sam was given access to her and her money.”
Geo TV says Bradley Cooper is "terrified" that Tom Brady may take his ex-girlfriend, Irina Shayk, away from him. Cooper and Shayk share a daughter and ended their relationship in 2019. A source says, “To say he is not bothered by this would be a lie. He has been on and off and on with Irina and he has so much love for her. She is the mother to his girl and they are his two favorite women in the world. He feels that, for the first time, she met someone in Tom that would take her heart away from him forever.”
The Daily Mail says Steve Harvey recently spoke about rumors his wife is having an affair and seeking a divorce. He said they are both fine and he doesn't have time for gossip. Steve’s wife, Marjorie, also addressed the rumors on Instagram by sharing an article on dealing with lies.
Page Six says Jessica Simpson recently moved her family from Hollywood to Nashville. She is happy and feels more relaxed because she is surrounded by "like-minded people" focused on music. Simpson made the move to reboot her music career.
Radar Online says Charlize Theron is very happy with her new boyfriend, model Alex Dimitrijevic. They have been dating for a few months. This is her first serious relationship in over seven years. A source tells the website, "No one has seen Charlize this happy before."
Perez Hilton, citing Us Weekly, says a writer from Desperate Housewives, named Patty Lin, recently released a book revealing the difficult work environment on the set. She claims that writers were not welcomed and had to avoid eye contact with Teri Hatcher. Perez Hilton quotes Lin as saying, “We were putting out schlock. The fact that it became the hottest show on TV, won multiple awards, ran for eight years, and earned more revenue than God, still boggles my mind.”
The Daily Star says Michael Jackson's chimp, Bubbles, is now living at a sanctuary in Florida. He is described as "huge and ugly" with a sweet character. Bubbles recently celebrated his 40th birthday. A source tells the newspaper, "He's the Alpha of the group and likes to spit water or throw sand at strangers for fun."
Footwear News says Sarah Jessica Parker recently adopted a cat named Lotus. He is Shoe Bradshaw from the show "And Just Like That." Parker adopted Lotus from the Connecticut Humane Society.
The Daily Mirror says Ryan Reynolds plans to start a beer business inspired by his soccer team, Wrexham AFC. The actor has trademarked "It's Always Sunny in Wrexham," "R&R Lager," and "Max Effort Lager." The beers will be available in the US and the UK
Wedding Traditions Survey
A new survey by Minted Weddings reveals that 68% of people feel it is essential for their wedding to be unique and customized rather than traditional. Other findings:
- 36% of wedding couples walk down the aisle to a different song other than Here Comes The Bride
- 29% of wedding couples leave dress code expectations behind and choose their own style
- 18% of wedding couples have unconventional wedding themes to make their special day stand out
- 46% of couples are moving away from the tradition of the bride's family paying for the wedding
Most Hated Food Survey
A new survey by Instacart reveals that anchovies are the most hated food in America. Other findings:
- 43% of adults ages 18-44 can't stand anchovies
- 56% of those over 45 dislike the fish
- 43% of men hate anchovies, while 58% of women can't stand them
- D.C., New Mexico, Massachusetts, Oregon, and New York residents order the most anchovies. Residents of Missouri, Indiana, Alabama, North Dakota, and Iowa order the fewest
TOP “RULES” OF “BEACH ETIQUETTE” … According to a new survey by Beachbound Vacations
Don’t sit too close to others if there is open space — 58%
Don’t litter — 53%
Don’t shake off/remove sand close to others — 51%
Don’t play music loudly — 40%
Don’t set up your things right in front of others — 39%
Don’t leave kids unattended — 34%
No public displays of affection — 33%
Don’t yell/be obnoxiously loud — 33%
Don’t leave a mess behind — 31%
No staring — 30%
MOST ANNOYING “BEACH ETIQUETTE RULES” TO BREAK … According to a new survey by Beachbound Vacations
Littering — 45%
Shaking off/removing sand near someone — 31%
Sitting too close to someone — 31%
Engaging in public displays of affection — 30%
Playing music loudly — 25%
Dawn Dating Trending
KISS FM says a new dating trend, called Dawn Dating, is becoming popular. People are planning dates early in the morning, like watching the sunrise or having breakfast together. This trend is perfect for morning people who prefer dates before their day starts.
I am writing because I am torn about whether or not to date a Mama's Boy. I met Jason several weeks ago. I quickly noticed he is a Mama's Boy. Half of my friends say I shouldn't date him because I will discover he is co-dependent, not very driven and will have a mother who will interfere with our relationship. My other friends say I should date him because Mama's Boys treat their mothers well. How they treat their mother is how they treat the women they date. I'm confused and don't know who to believe. What's your opinion on this? Is it good to date a Mama's Boy or not?