Today's Fonseca Show Best Calls:
- The Wrap says Adam Sandler's new Netflix movie, "You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah," is now his highest-rated film on Rotten Tomatoes. The movie has a 96% positive rating from critics and a 66% approval rating from fans
- WMC says Justin Timberlake and Timbaland are creating music for select Monday Night Football games during the 2023 season. The music will be featured in promotional spots and games. Their first track is called "Keep Going Up" and will be played during week 1's game between the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills.
- The Index-Journal says Cher is starting over on her biopic because it wasn't working out. The production did not meet her expectations.
- Entertainment Tonight says Mira Sorvino might join "Dancing With the Stars. The full cast for season 32 will be announced on September 13rh.
- WJW says Dairy Queen is celebrating the Fall season by offering 85-cent Blizzards at participating locations. The offer starts on September 11th and runs for two weeks. Flavors include Pumpkin Pie, Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough, Caramel Fudge Cheesecake, Hot Cocoa, Peanut Butter Cup Pie, Choco Dipped Strawberry, and Fluffernutter
- Sora News says Starbucks in Japan is introducing a new drink called the Butter Frappuccino. It contains sweet potato, butter and honey and is available for a limited time.
- United Press International says The Main Street Grill, in Lewiston, Idaho, has unofficially set a new world record for the longest Philly cheesesteak. It measured 722.8 feet long. The restaurant beat the old record by 72.5 feet. The Main Street Grill sold six inch pieces of the sandwich for $10 in order to raise money for the Boys and Girls Club.
Super Blue Moon Will Shine Tomorrow Night: CBS says a rare Super Blue Moon will be visible tomorrow night. This is the second full Supermoon and Blue Moon in the same month. The next Blue Moon will happen in May 2026. Saturn will also be visible near the moon tomorrow night.
Voice Assistants Not Good For CPR Help: WJET says a recent study by Mass General Brigham found voice assistants are not helpful when asked how to perform CPR. Researchers asked Amazon's Alexa, Apple's Siri, Google's Assistant and Microsoft's Cortana eight questions related to cardiac arrest emergencies. Only nine of the 32 responses suggested calling emergency services for help.
Other responses included
— “Hmm, I don’t know that one.”
— “Sorry, I don’t understand.”
— “Words fail me.”
— “Here’s an answer … that I translated: The Indian Penal Code.”
The Sun says Adele plans to have a baby with her fiancé Rich Paul. The couple has already chosen names. Adele has a 10-year-old son from her previous marriage.
Taylor Swift tells Vogue magazine that she wishes she could throw tantrums. “I never really wanted to throw tantrums when I was younger, but I really get the urge now that I'm older. When I see a kid throwing a massive tantrum in a grocery store, part of me is like "Man, I feel you kid""
Selena Gomez tells Elle magazine that writing about your feelings is the best way to deal with them. "Whatever pain you're going through, write it down. Maybe not a song, but as a journal entry or something. It'll still hurt, but I believe getting those thoughts out of your head and onto a pad of paper is the best way to start the healing process."
The Daily Mail says HBO has canceled its controversial drama series, The Idol, after just one season. The show had poor ratings and abysmal reviews. It starred The Weeknd and Lily-Rose Depp
WMC says Justin Timberlake and Timbaland are creating music for select Monday Night Football games during the 2023 season. The music will be featured in promotional spots and games. Their first track is called "Keep Going Up" and will be played during week 1's game between the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills.
The Daily Mail says Elton John recently fell at his villa in France. He was taken to the hospital for a brain scan and treatment for minor injuries. Elton was discharged and is now back home in good health. His representative says, "We can confirm that following a slip yesterday at his home in the south of France, Elton visited the local hospital as a precautionary measure. Following check ups, he was immediately discharged this morning and is now back at home and in good health."
Page Six says Jessica Simpson is getting blasted for allowing her 11-year-old daughter, Maxwell, to wear a crop top. Jessica shared photos of her and Maxwell wearing crop tops.
The Internet reacts …
“Isn’t she like 11 or something?? Stop sexualizing your little girl”
“Who lets their 11 year old child out of the house dressed like that??”
“Too busy trying to be her minor daughter’s best friend instead of being a responsible parent.
OK magazine says Britney Spears' ex, Sam Asghari, allegedly never wanted children with her. A source tells the magazine, "Sam was in no rush to have children, despite everything he’d previously led her to believe." Another source says, "She'd scream at him that he was a con man."
TMZ says Sam Asghari is focusing on his acting career. He plans to continue acting and hosting gigs when the actors' strike ends. Sam has been taking care of his mom as of late. She was injured in an accident.
The Daily Mail says Dolly Parton recently turned down an invitation for tea with Kate Middleton. Dolly joked that she declined the invite because Kate wasn't going to promote her new rock album. Dolly later said she didn't have time for tea because she was too busy working while in London
The Daily Mirror says Hugh Hefner's widow, Crystal Hefner, has revealed that he took so much Viagra that he went deaf in one ear. "Hef always said he'd rather be deaf and still able to have sex. Weird. He still thought he was in his 40s, and those nights, the people, the mansion, solidified that idea. He felt, 'I've still got it'."
The Daily Mail says Tom Brady is not jealous of Irina Shayk's close relationship with her ex, Bradley Cooper. The NFL star, who recently started dating the model, actually finds it attractive how well she co-parents with the actor. A source tells the newspaper, “Tom thinks it is great that Irina has a co-parenting relationship with Bradley because Tom has his own co-parenting relationships with Gisele and Bridget, so he is not jealous one bit when Irina hangs out with Bradley and their child. Tom actually loves seeing it because Tom is such a family man, he knows what Irina is going through and respects her even more being a mother and dealing with all of that, because it isn't easy. 'It is actually attractive to Tom to see how strong of a woman and wonderful mom she is, he respects it. Tom and Irina are doing great and have no drama when it comes to each of them spending time with their exes.’’
Geo TV says Julia Roberts is allegedly planning to quit Hollywood and live a "low-key life" away from the limelight. She and her husband own an $8.3 million townhouse in San Fran and a 32-acre ranch in New Mexico. A source tells the network, "Julia loves San Francisco. Julia gets way more pleasure and stimulation when she's at the ranch or puttering around San Francisco."
The Daily Mail says Jennifer Aniston was recently spotted on a Beverly Hills dinner date with Internet entrepreneur Chris Dixon. She looked stunning in her black dress, while he looked dapper in a gray shirt and blue jeans. Dixon is a general partner at a venture capital firm and has an estimated worth of $400 million.
The Daily Mail says Raven-Symoné wore a diaper to Barack Obama's inauguration ball because her mother did not want to use the porta potties. Raven made the admission on her podcast. She says her seats were not near the porta-potties so she and her group all wore diapers. Raven did not soil her diaper
Screen Rant says a woman, named Barbara “Barbie” Oppenheimer, recently spoke about watching both Barbie and Oppenheimer. She is related to J. Robert Oppenheimer by marriage.
Barbara says she enjoyed both films and cannot choose a favorite. “That would be really hard! They’re so different. I think of myself—though I’m sure I’ve fallen behind the times—as a feminist, because of the generation I came out of. So I was tickled pink, I might say, that they put Barbie in the Barbie world and then Barbie in the real world. I laughed out loud practically through the whole thing. Oppenheimer is more serious—not that feminism isn’t. I do think there were some serious notes … women today stand on the shoulders of their mothers, who lived the Barbie life. I can’t choose. I’m glad I saw both.”
Home Impressions Survey
A new survey by Febreze reveals that 80% of people judge others on the state of their home as soon as they enter. Other findings:
- First impressions take under 47 seconds to form after entering someone's home
- A clean living room, a well-kept garden, and a nice-smelling home top the list of things people notice first
- 80% of homeowners want to leave a consistently good impression on their guests
- 36% of adults put the most effort into tidying their homes for a new friend
- 45% of people offer compliments when visiting someone's home
- 63% of people are quick to appreciate a fresh and clean bathroom
MOST COMMON BEDTIME BLUNDERS … According to a new survey by Serta Simmons Bedding
Fell asleep while scrolling on my phone or with my phone in my hands - 51%
Forgot to brush my teeth, without washing my face/doing my skincare routine - 41%
Fell asleep without saying goodnight to my partner/family - 39%
Forgot to turn off my TV - 38%
Fell asleep with my day clothes on - 37%
Forgot to set an alarm for the morning - 36%
Forgot to turn off the lights before going to bed - 35%
Fell asleep with glasses/contacts on - 31%
New Dating Terms Emerge: The Daily Mirror says the latest dating buzzword is "Zombieing’’. It is when someone ghosts you and then suddenly reappears with no explanation. Other popular dating terms include "Freckling," which is a Summer romance that fades away and "Microcheating," which involves flirting and hiding texts.
Top 10 Pumpkin Spice Products of 2023... According to a new article by Delish
1. Oreo Pumpkin Spice Sandwich Cookies
2. Orgain Pumpkin Spice Vegan Protein Powder
3. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Ground Coffee
4. Tate's Bake Shop Pumpkin Spice Cookies with White Chocolate Chips
5. Pumpkin Spice Chewing Gum
6. Jelly Belly Pumpkin Pie Jelly Beans
7. Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars, Pumpkin Spice
8. Halo Top Seasonal Light Ice Cream, Pumpkin Pie
9. Pinnacle Pumpkin Pie Vodka
10. Pumpkin Spice Pop-Tarts
Top 10 Simple Ways to Lengthen Your Life Overnight … According to a new article by Body+Soul
1. Get 30g of fibre everyday
2. Cut out ultra-processed foods
3. Plate up greens, cauliflower and beetroot
4. Swap sugary drinks for water
5. Opt for a plant-based diet
6. Move more and sit less
7. Gain inner confidence with meditation
8. Clock up two minutes of deep breathing daily
9. Try high-intensity interval training (HIIT)
10. Sleep the right amount
My daughter's preschool is most likely going to make headlines because a teacher spanked my daughter and another child. They were acting up and not listening so they were lightly spanked. The other mother is planning to protest and is outraged. I am not. My kid was out of line so I'm glad the teacher spanked her. She deserved it. The other mother says I'm a fool and a bad parent for allowing someone else to discipline my kid. I disagree. It wasn't 'someone else' it was a teacher keeping her in line. Do you agree with the other parents' assessment of me? Should I be upset that the teacher spanked my child? Whose side are you on?