- The NY Post says tickets for tonight's Serena Williams match at the US Open are selling for as much as $48,500. Stubhub seats with unrestricted views of the court are being sold at massive rates because tonight's game could be Serena's final match. She is scheduled to face Australian upstart Ajla Tomljanovic. Serena is widely regarded as the greatest female tennis player of all time after winning 23 grand slam tournaments.
- Forbes Magazine says parts of California will hit 115 degrees over Labor Day weekend. It is expected to be 124 in Death Valley.
- A new study by the National Center for Health Statistics reveals that the average life expectancy is now 76.1 years. That's down from 78.8 years in 2019 and the lowest it's been since 1996. The drop is due to the Coronavirus
- IGN News says Disney is considering launching a service to compete with Amazon Prime. Disney's goal is to create a service that encourages its members to spend more on streaming, their theme parks, their resorts and their merchandise
- Food Dive says Gatorade is coming out with their own energy drink called Fast-Twitch. Each bottle contains 200 mg of caffeine, electrolytes and B vitamins. NFL performance experts helped develop the drink. It will be available starting in February
- KSDK says an 18 ft green anaconda, named JLo, has died. The St Louis Zoo had to euthanize the snake because she had a large tumor. JLo was saved from a food market in Guyana. She was then brought to the zoo where she lived comfortably for nearly 20 years.
Twitter Testing Edit Button: Fox Business News says Twitter is testing an edit button. It will be available to Twitter Blue subscribers in the coming weeks. The button allows Twitter users to make changes to their tweets within 30 minutes of them being posted. When polled, 73.6% of Twitter users wanted an edit button
The NY Post says Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen are allegedly having serious marriage problems. A source tells the newspaper, “There’s been trouble in the marriage over his decision to un-retire. Gisele has always been the one with the kids. They had agreed he would retire to focus on the family, then he changed his mind. They have a fiery relationship. Gisele is a bit hot-headed — she has that Brazilian heat!”
A second source says, “It’s almost like Gisele was like, ‘Well, if you’re going to keep playing, so will I'. She’s resentful that Tom is still the football superstar.”
The paper claims renovations on their $17 million Miami estate are on hold.
Epicstream claims Disney may cast Taylor Swift as the villain in "Cruella 2''. The film is reportedly going to be a musical. Disney won't confirm the rumor.
Epicstream, citing Comicbook.com, claims Leonardo DiCaprio allegedly tells people he was never in ''Titanic''. The websites say when asked about the film's 25th anniversary, Leo allegedlly said, “I don’t know what that is. I don’t think I was in that movie.”
The NY Post says Leonardo DiCaprio recently flew to New York to party at an exclusive nightclub called Ned NoMad. He was seen chatting up several 21 and 23 year old women. Leo tried to disguise himself from the paparazzi by wearing a coronavirus mask
Ace Showbiz says Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg recently renewed their wedding vows for the eighth time. Donnie celebrated the renewal with the following post; "Some people ask 'why do you renew your vows every year?' Those tend to be the same people that also ask 'how do you keep your marriage so new?'#happyanniversary @jennymccarthy aka Mrs Wahlberg. I'm so blessed to call you my wife, and so honored to be your husband. I thank god every day for you, and I thank you always for 'taking care of my heart' - as promised. I love you. On to forever,
Architectural Digest says Miley Cyrus has sold her Nashville ranch for $14.5 million. She paid $5.8 million for the estate in 2017. It sits on 33 acres. The main home has five bedrooms two powder rooms, wood flooring, a swimming pool, a fireplace and a putting green
''Better Call Saul'' star Bob Odenkirk tells Deadline Hollywood that he plans to do more action movies like "Nobody". “I was very surprised by Nobody. I had initiated that project because I had a feeling that the character I was developing in Better Call Saul was the kind of character you see in an action film. He has earnest desires and he was willing to sacrifice himself…I still train multiple times a week and if I get my way you’re going to see me doing more action. I found the action sequences a great deal of fun and close to doing sketch comedy…I love the early Jackie Chan films which had humour in them. I’d like to get that in in future.”
A.V. Club says Prince's estate has no plans to license ''Purple Rain'' for an energy drink. Bang Energy wanted to use Purple Rain in promotional materials for their drinks and supplements. Prince's estate and its lawyers killed the idea. Bang Energy says, “We greatly respect Prince and his estate and will not ‘rain’ on their parade. Maybe we can negotiate a deal in the future that is mutually beneficial to both parties.”
Spin Magazine says Johnny Depp is planning a 22-date Fall concert tour with Jeff Beck. It will kick off on October 4th in Washington DC. The singers are promoting their new joint album ''18'', which features covers of The Beach Boys’ “Don’t Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder),” Marvin Gaye’s “What’s Going On,” The Velvet Underground’s “Venus in Furs,” The Everly Brothers’ “Let It Be Me” and Davy Spillane’s “Midnight Walker.”
E! News says Jennifer Lopez recently sent an email to her fans that detailed her wedding day. She wrote; "All of us caught a stomach bug and were recuperating ‘til late in the week and that, and along with a few other unexpected setbacks, had all the makings of a doozie of a wedding weekend. It had rained at sunset every day that week. Everyone was worried about the heat. Not to mention the thunder and lightning that arrived almost on cue each day at the exact time the ceremony was supposed to start that Saturday. The twenty years between those dreams of youth and the adult world of love and family we embraced that day, brought more to this marriage than either of us ever could have imagined. We weren't only marrying one another; we were marrying these children into a new family."
Labor Day Survey
A new survey by Numerator reveals that 58% of people are buying meat and seafood for their Labor Day cookout. Other findings:
- 54% of people are buying large amounts of snacks for their Labor Day cookout
- 43% of people are buying alcoholic beverages for their Labor Day cookout
- 8% of people plan to buy decorations for their Labor Day cookout
- 61% of people plan to cookout this weekend
- 90% of people plan to take advantage of Labor Day Weekend sales
Worst Foods To Have At A Football Tailgate Party .. According to a new survey by Hormel Foods
ice cream ... 41%
pie ... 24%
salad ... 23%
A new survey by One Poll reveals that 60% of people avoid sharing their age because they fear being judged. Other findings:
- 77% of people say social media filters send the wrong message about physical appearance and aging
- 80% of people say society puts too much value on appearing youthful
75% of people wish they could spend less time fighting aging and more time on their hobbies.
- top things that improve with age ... confidence (49%), sense of self (45%) and relationships with family members (44%).
Top 10 Things That Make Parents Feel Their Child Is Becoming Independent …. According to a new survey by NatWest Rooster Money
1. Expressing their opinion on things
2. Walking to school without a parent/ guardian
3. Managing how they spend and save their money
4. Getting a part-time job
5. Getting ready for school themselves
6. Having their own interests they want to pursue
7. Going into a shop alone to buy and/or pay for something
8. Being responsible for remembering to do homework
9. Getting public transport without a parent/ guardian
10. Spending more time with their friends and less time with me
Our community pool will be open for the last time this weekend. As head of the HOA, I am thinking about instituting a new rule next year that prohibits some of the mothers from wearing thongs and cheeky bikinis. Cheeky as in, I can see most of your butt cheeks. I don't think it's appropriate that they wear these kind of bathing suits in a public setting when kids are around. I privately brought it up at our last meeting and some of the other board members agreed with me. Those, who didn't say I have no right to judge and if no one complains than it's not an issue. Should mom's be wearing these kinds of bathing suits at a public pool? Am I discriminating?