- The Wall Street Journal says it now costs $310,000 to raise a kid from childbirth to 18. The average family spends around $18,000 a year on each child. Food, haircuts and sports are the biggest expenses
- WGN-TV says people will need an extra $11,500 this year to keep up with 2022 prices. The money is going to be needed because prices are up 8.5% from last year due to inflation and supply chain issues. Food and electricity are seeing the biggest price jumps.
- Jam Broadcasting says Elton John and Britney Spears are going to release their new song, ''Hold Me Closer'', on August 26th. The song is a reimagining of Elton John's ''Tiny Dancer''.
- Giant Freakin Robot says Ryan Gosling is alllegedly in talks to join Margot Robbie in an Ocean's 11 prequel. Their Barbie movie is set to hit theaters on July 21st, 2023
- Raw Story says the Liberty, New York hotel that inspired the 1987 movie ''Dirty Dancing'' was recently destroyed in a fire. The city now wants the hotel demolished because it is totaled.
- The Daily Mail says Michael Buble and his wife, Luisana, are the proud parents of a new baby girl named Cielo Yoli Rose Bublé. She is their fourth child
- Chewboom says Ben & Jerry's is launching a new flavor called Ben & Jerry’s Chocolatey Love A-Fair. The chocolate ice cream has salted caramel swirls and chocolate and caramel chunks.
- BroBible says Rory McIlroy was golfing in the BMW Championship over the weekend when a fan attempted to guide a remote control golf ball into a hole in front of him. Rory picked up the ball and threw it into a pond. The crowd cheered. Security booted the prankster
- Deadline Hollywood says the Game of Thrones spin-off, ''House of the Dragon'', premiered on HBO Max last night. The debut crashed the HBO app. The series is set 200 years before the events of Game of Thrones.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. “Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero," $20.1 million.
2. “Beast,” $11.6 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film cost $36 million to produce)
3. “Bullet Train,” $8 million.
4. “Top Gun: Maverick,” $5.9 million.
5. “DC League of Super-Pets,” $5.8 million.
6. “Thor: Love and Thunder,” $4 million.
7. “Nope,” $3.6 million.
8. “Minions: The Rise of Gru,” $3.5 million.
9. “Where the Crawdads Sing,” $3.2 million.
10. “Bodies Bodies Bodies,” $2.4 million.
Brady Filming "Masked Singer"?: WGN-TV says Tom Brady may be taking a break from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers because he is secretly filming episodes of '' The Masked Singer''. Reddit user Cannonfire posted; “Stop freaking out about Brady, he’s just off filming for the Masked Singer. It was also explained in those reports that the absence was known about and approved in advance by the team, which would also make sense. Brady signed a deal in May to work for Fox Sports as a lead analyst after finishing with the Buccaneers this season. “The Masked Singer” airs on Fox.''
Ace Showbiz says Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez got married again this past weekend at his Riceboro, Georgia estate. She wore a white Ralph Lauren gown with a long train and white veil. Ben wore a black and white tuxedo. Ben's brother, Casey, did not attend the wedding because he had prior family commitments in Los Angeles. The wedding reception featured fried pork chops, rice, vegetables, mac and cheese and oven roasted chicken. Barrels of Jack Daniels were seen on Ben's property. A fireworks display also occurred The entire wedding party wore white
TMZ says Ben's ex-wife, Jennifer Garner, was shopping at Sam's Club when he and Jennifer Lopez were getting married on Saturday night.
The Daily Mail says Ben Affleck's mother fell off a dock and cut her leg at his Riceboro, Georgia home on Friday. He called an ambulance before medics rushed her to the hospital. She is ok. The couple arrived late last week at Ben's estate for their second wedding.
Hollywood producer Jerry Bruckheimer tells Comicbook.com that filming on ''Beverly Hills Cop'' 4 is about to begin. ''Well, we're making another Beverly Hills Cop. We start that in like a week or 10 days and that's gonna be for Netflix.''
He also says he is working on a script for another ''National Treasure'' movie with Nicolas Cage. ''Let's hope we're working on the script right now. Hopefully [Cage] likes it, but it's really good. So I think we'll get it to him shortly.''
The Daily Mail says Gwyneth Paltrow's 18 year old daughter, Apple, recently threw a wild party in the Hamptons. Cops showed up and shut the party down. Neighbors became enraged and called 911. A source tells the newspaper, "Apple invited too many friends to her mom's house, and things got out of hand. They were partying like rock stars and making so much noise that multiple neighbors were furious and called the police, who shut the party down.''
Gossip Ireland says Will Smith is once again talking to Netflix about doing a movie about his life. A source tells the newspaper, “Will was left out in the cold by Netflix and Apple+ in the wake of the slap. He has since apologized and stepped out of the spotlight for a lengthy period. With this in mind it is broadly agreed enough time has passed to let the dust settle. It has been made clear discussions can be started again about a biopic which Netflix were interested in. Arguably, the slap, and the fallout, are pivotal moments in Will’s life and will become part of the storyline of his life. Netflix wants to be part of those conversations and Will’s team have no doubt Apple will follow suit.”
KTXL says Paramount Pictures is developing a ''Ferris Bueller's Day Off'' spin-off. “Sam and Victor’s Day Off” is about the two valets that took Cameron's father's red Ferrari for a joy ride in Chicago. The creators of ''Cobra Kai'' are developing this film
PR Newswire says Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot has launched her own line of mac-and-cheese at Whole Foods. Goodles is made with clean ingredients and comes in several flavors including white cheddar, asiago, parmesan and vegan cheddar.
Alec Baldwin tells CNN that he has lost five jobs since his accidental shooting on the set of his movie "Rust." “I got fired from another job yesterday. There I was all set to go to a movie, jump on a plane... I’ve been talking with these guys for months and they told me yesterday we don’t want to do the film with you because of this. If I didn’t have my wife, I don’t know where I would be right now... if I didn’t have her, I probably would have quit, retired, gone off, you know sold everything I owned, got a house in the middle of nowhere and just you know did find something else to do, sell real estate.”
Thirsty For News says Sean Connery's Aston Martin was recently sold for $2.4 million. Connery bought a 1964 DB5 for himself at the beginning of 2018 before he passed away. The Aston Martin he drove in the movie ''Goldfinger'' had machine guns, an ejector seat and an oil slick maker. Sean's car did not.
The Daily Mail says the Cherry Hill, New Jersey police charged Gary Busey with harassment and four counts of sexual contact for inappropriately touching women during the recent Monster Mania Convention. Three women complained. The police are expecting more women to come forward to complain about Gary's inappropriate behavior at the event.
Daily Mail photographers spotted Gary in a public park in Malibu, California with his pants down on Saturday. He was smoking a cigar.
A new survey by the wellness company Thorne Health Tech reveals that 44% of people would like to improve their health by losing weight. Other findings:
- 40% of people would like to improve their health by improving their nutrition
- 39% of people would like to improve their health by improving their sleep quality
- 37% of people want to reduce their stress
- 10% of people want to reduce their screen time
- 89% of people have tried to improve at least one aspect of their health in the last year
Fast Food Survey A new survey by Drug Genius reveals that 50% of people ignore frequent studies that warn about the health risks of fast food. Other findings:
- 25% of people believe fast food has health benefits
- 60% of people would give up alcohol before fast food
10 Things You Should Never Say To Your Boss … According to a new survey by Finance Buzz
1. I don’t get paid enough
2. I need to leave early for an interview
3. It’s not my fault
4. This is above my pay grade
5. Who did you vote for?
6. I’m not planning to stay here
7. I’m too smart to work here
8. I don’t know how
9. I’m so bored
10. I’m planning to call out sick
5 Signs It’s Time To Make The First Move On A Date … According to a new study by the dating site Zoosk.com
1. They blush
2. Their pupils dilate
3. The pitch and tone of their voice changes
4. Their skin is glowing
5. Their body language is open and inviting
I live in a gated community. On Saturday night around midnight my husband and I caught a 15 year-old stealing items from our car in the driveway. We called the police. The boy lives in the back of our community. Yesterday, neighbors came over and begged us not to go ahead with pressing charges. They say it would be bad for the neighborhood and morale. My husband and I are outraged and don't want this to happen to another neighbor. Should we press charges or not?