Fonseca Trending 05/19/22
- A new survey by Axios reveals that 31% of Americans believe the pandemic is over. 71% of people describe the current pandemic as manageable
- WDIV says Weird Al Yankovic has postponed a show in Detroit because he tested positive for the Coronavirus.
- A new survey by the health research website Tracking Happiness reveals that remote workers are 20% happier than office workers
- The Daily Mail says Kim Kardashian is one step closer to becoming a lawyer because she passed the baby bar exam.
- E! News says the fifth season of ''Yellowstone'' will premiere on November 13th on the Paramount Network
- Bevnet says Jelly Belly is now selling a chocolate flavored sparkling water. 16 oz cans cost $2.99 and taste like chocolate jelly beans.
- Chewboom says McDonald's has added a Chocolate Pretzel McFlurry to their menu. It is available at participating restaurants. The dessert has 670 calories, 19 grams of fat and 75 gram of sugar
- KRON says tickets to last night's Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals between the Warriors and Mavericks sold for $600. Golden State won 112-87
The Daily Mail says Amy Schumer recently dressed as Kim Kardashian for a day. She wore clothes like Kim and the same designer sunglasses. Amy wore the outfit to an advertiser event for Disney. She also clipped a long blond ponytail onto her head so her hair would resemble Kim's.
The NY Post newspaper says a Lyft driver recently stole Ozzy Osbourne's clothing. Kelly Osbourne tweeted; “EMERGENCY!!!! One of your drivers just knowingly drove off with all of my dads cloths [sic] in the back seat of her car. We can’t reach her or you. Please contact me immediately. We are calling the police right now!” The LAPD eventually caught the Lyft driver
Tom Cruise was at the Cannes Film Festival yesterday when they asked why he does his own stunts. He said, “No one asked Gene Kelly, ‘Why do you dance?’ I wanted to push the art form. How can I immerse an audience into this kind of action? How can I entertain them?”
The Dirt says Grey's Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo has purchased the house next to hers in Malibu, California. She paid $10 million for the five bedroom home. Her properties now stretch from the Ocean to the Pacific Coast Highway. The new property has koi ponds and several rock waterfalls.
Geraldo Rivera says he once saw a UFO while under the influence in the Bahamas.The NY Post quotes him as saying, “I’ve sailed around the world, I’ve seen a lot of clear skies, I’ve seen satellites, which are kind of spooky, weather balloons, stray aircraft, others. The only time I ever saw a UFO, I was stoned on ecstasy. It looked like a great big North Star, brighter than the North Star was, right on the horizon and I tried to avoid it, I steered around it and it kept following me and I want back the other way.”
Entertainment Tonight says Sylvester Stallone wished his wife, Jennifer, a happy 25th wedding anniversary with the following post: "Happy 25th anniversary to my amazing wife. There is not enough words to describe what this incredibly selfless dedicated , patient, woman has meant to our lives and I only wish they could be another 25! Thank you sweetheart!"
"The Is Us" creator Dan Vogelman tells Variety magazine that he doesn't see any spin-offs for the show. “Once you’ve seen the completion of Season 6, the stories of these characters are told. So there is no real spinoff because [viewers will] kind of know everything. Is there another play for the show? I guess you’d never say never, but I don’t see it.”
Jennifer Grey says Matthew Broderick never thought she was going to land the lead role in ''Dirty Dancing'' when they were dating in the 80s. She wrote the following passage in her new memoir: “He said this odd thing, as if to reassure himself, like he wasn’t aware he was using his ‘out loud voice'. ''I don’t know what I’m worried about. There’s no way you’re gonna get it. I’m sure they’re seeing everybody for this part.’“
American Idol judge Katy Perry tells the Dear Chelsea podcast that she has ditched Hollywood for Kentucky. “I’m like, living in Kentucky, and I have for almost a month now. And that’s quite an amazing experience. Because it reminds you that Hollywood is not America. You need to remember that. Because I think you can understand people better.”
A new survey by Consumer Affairs reveals that 57% of Millennials love their pet more than their siblings. Other findings:
- 50% of Millennials would choose a pet over their significant other
- 50% of Millennials like their pet more than their mother
- 70% of Gen Z adults would rather adopt a pet than have their own children.
5 BENEFITS OF SLEEPING WITH A PET … According to a new survey by Sealy
They are part of the family and need to be together for bedtime – 54%
It helps lower stress/anxiety – 51%
It’s easier to settle in for the night – 47%
People wake up more rested and get better quality sleep – 44%
It makes them feel more secure at night – 42%
I am being crucified on Facebook because I spent $350 to get my hair colored and cut. I'm a single mom with two kids. I make ends meet and do my best with what I have. Last Saturday, I paid $350 to get my hair cut and colored. I posted pictures on Facebook before friends, family and others started vilifying me for spending so much money on myself rather than my kids. They made me feel horrible. Should I feel this way? Shouldn't I be able to do something for myself? What is your opinion on this? Do I deserve the criticism or not?