Today's Fonseca Show Best of Calls:
- Dexerto says McDonald's will be releasing an Ugly Grimace Christmas Sweater because of the popular Grimace Shake trend. The $65 sweater can be purchased from McDonald's online store
- The Hollywood Reporter says CBS' 'Late Show' will be off the air this week because host Stephen Colbert underwent surgery for a ruptured appendix.
- TV Insider says Taylor Swift's The Eras Tour concert movie will start streaming on her birthday on December 13th.
- Variety Magazine says Taylor Swift's "Eras Tour" movie has raked in over $250 million at the box office. The concert film now ranks as the 19th highest-grossing release of the year
- Cinemablend says JLo is following in the footsteps of Taylor Swift and Beyoncé by releasing her own movie alongside her new album. The movie, titled “This Is Me...Now: The Film”, is set to be released on February 16th
- The HuffPost says Mark Cuban will be leaving “Shark Tank” after its 16th season. Cuban joined the show in its second season as a guest and became a full-time panelist in the third season. Cuban did not give a specific reason for leaving
- The Daily Mail says this year’s White House Christmas display has 142,000 lights, 34,000 ornaments, and a tribute to fallen soldiers. Approximately 100,000 visitors are expected to enjoy the holiday decorations.
- PR Newswire says the winner of the upcoming Pop-Tarts Bowl football game will have the opportunity to eat the first-ever edible mascot. The mascot, which is part of Pop-Tarts' new creative direction, will interact with fans during the game and then transform into a snack for the winning team. The Pop-Tarts Bowl will take place on December 28th in Orlando and will feature teams from the Atlantic Coast and Big 12 conferences.
- ScreenCrush says IHOP has launched a new "Wonka Menu" featuring unique sweet and savory dishes inspired by the upcoming movie "Wonka." The menu includes chocolate pancake tacos, purple pancakes, and pancakes topped with frosting, candy, and sprinkles. The movie opens December 15th
- CBS says a 106-year-old World War II veteran, from Texas, named Al Blaschke, recently went skydiving. Al previously held the Guinness World Record for the oldest tandem skydive. He jumped from 8,000 ft
Indy100 says Ed Sheeran has challenged Lewis Capaldi to a boxing match. Fans are excited about the possibility of the match-up.
Female First says Brie and Nikki Bella want Selena Gomez to play them in a TV series or movie based on their memoir, 'Incomparable.' Brie suggested Jenna Ortega as an alternative. Nikki says, "Selena Gomez, I would love that. After we published our memoir, I had always thought, 'I would love to make this into a TV series or a movie.' And also add in so much more of our lives, so much more of what we couldn't fit into one memoir. Because technically Brie and I could have probably wrote three books in a row.."
Tate McRae tells JustJared.com that she lets her alter ego take over when she's on stage. "I feel like I’ve always had this kind of separate character that I go into when I’m on stage, and I think that’s something that’s really helped me to express myself. I let her loose when I go on stage and take control back when I walk offstage."
Dua Lipa tells Vogue magazine that she's trying to enjoy the journey that she's on. "I try to focus on enjoying the ride because it’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience. There are many things that I wanted to achieve and that I managed to do, but there are still so many more milestones and so many other things I want to learn and do. I’m realizing that time is so precious and that you have to really enjoy what you’re doing."
Tate McRae tells Rolling Stone magazine that she finds inspiration from watching Britney Spears' music videos. "I mean, obviously I watch Britney’s music videos all the time, because I think no one really did it like her.’’
The New York Times says Beyoncé's 11-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy, trained even harder for her role as a backup dancer on her mom's Renaissance tour after reading harsh criticism about her dancing on social media. Rather than quitting, Blue Ivy decided to put in the work and be better. Beyoncé was thrilled that her daughter was determined to improve and even allowed her to perform on stage despite initially saying no. Fans of Blue Ivy defended her against the haters, praising her talent and resilience.
Usher tells People magazine that he had to supervise Beyoncé like a nanny when she was younger. "When I first met Destiny's Child, they would come and perform off the side of my concerts when I first started. I used to have to watch Beyoncé like a chaperone or nanny because someone had to watch her at all times. I had to make sure she was focused and not getting distracted by anything."
Hollywoodlife.com says Taylor Swift turned down an offer to perform at King Charles coronation last May.
The Deseret News says Mariah Carey has earned a staggering amount from her hit song "All I Want For Christmas Is You." Since its release in 1994, Mariah has earned $60 million in royalties. She averages around $2.6 million per year. Last year, the song hit No. 1 on Billboard's Hot 100 for four consecutive weeks
The News International says Nicolas Cage is planning to take a temporary break from acting. He tells Entertainment Tonight that he wants to spend more time with his one-year-old daughter and focus on what's important as he grows older. The actor, who has been married five times, has four grandchildren
TMZ says Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are looking to move to Los Angeles after deciding against buying a home in Malibu. They want to be closer to Hollywood events while prioritizing privacy and security. The couple previously lived in Tyler Perry's mansion
OK! Magazine says Taylor Swift sees long-term potential with Travis Kelce. A source says, "They have very detailed plans coming up while she’s on tour and he has games. They love getting together with their families and friends, but right now, what they value above all else is alone time. Taylor and Travis have the next few months completely laid out. They don’t want to start their relationship off with big gaps in time spent apart. They’re trying to be as much like a regular couple as possible."
Page Six says Tiffany Haddish's friends are concerned about her after her recent DUI arrest. They believe she may be hiding behind a fake smile and drinking more during the holidays. Despite the arrest, Tiffany joked about the incident during a stand-up comedy routine the day after. Her friends want her to move on from this. A source tells the newspaper “It’s surprising because she has worked so hard to get to where she is. She has always spoken about her hardships about being broke, homeless and living in her car. But now that she has found the success she has always dreamed of, new demons are coming to the surface in the form of alcohol. We love the fact that she can move on from this and turn this life situation into a part of her comedy routine. But we are concerned.’’
Brobible says Foo Fighters star Dave Grohl had to hold up a 'no cursing' sign during a concert in Abu Dhabi. He had to remind himself not to use profanity, as it is forbidden by law in the United Arab Emirates. The use of the f-word in the UAE is punishable by up to 1 year in prison.
HollywoodLife.com says Leonardo DiCaprio was recently photographed in London with his new girlfriend, Vittoria Ceretti, and her family. They were seen walking together and wearing face masks. A source says, “It’s going so well that Leo’s actually being exclusive. He says she’s not only gorgeous, but super down-to-earth, and they have a ton in common.’’
The National Enquirer says Alec Baldwin is allegedly asking for $300,000 per episode to star in a reality TV show with his wife and seven children. The high demand is due to the legal expenses Baldwin incurred after the death of a cinematographer on the set of his film “Rust”. A source says, “Alec is channeling his inner Hollywood heavyweight with a demand of $300,000 per episode — a sum that doesn't even cover the $300,000 he's eyeing for his wife and children. There's undoubtedly an audience for a reality show starring Alec and his family. But unless he adjusts his perception of his own worth, it will remain a Hollywood daydream.’’
Video Game Survey
A new survey by the Entertainment Software Association reveals that 72% of children want video game-related products for Christmas. Other findings:
Most wanted video game gifts …
games accessories (32%)
in-game currency (29%)
A new survey by HR Grapevine reveals that 33% of at-home employees work in their pajamas. Other findings:
- 40% of people feel more productive when working from home
- 35% of employees say they work longer hours when working remotely
- 26% of workers feel guilty when taking breaks during remote work
- 22% of people have difficulty disconnecting from work when working from home
Top 10 Most Sinful Cities .. According to a new survey by Wallethub .. based on stats related to Anger and Hatred, Jealous, Excess and Vices, Greed, Lust, Vanity and Laziness.
1. Las Vegas, Nevada.
2. Houston, Texas.
3. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
4. Los Angeles, California.
5. Atlanta, Georgia
6. Denver, Colorado
7. Dallas, Texas.
8. Phoenix, Arizona.
9. Miami, Florida.
10. Cleveland, Ohio.
Top 10 Least Sinful Cities .. According to a new survey by Wallethub .. based on stats related to Anger and Hatred, Jealous, Excess and Vices, Greed, Lust, Vanity and Laziness.
1. Pearl City, Hawaii.
2. Fremont, California.
3. Bridgeport, Connecticut.
4. Madison, Wisconsin.
5. Port St. Lucie, Florida.
6. Columbia, Maryland.
7. South Burlington, Vermont.
8. Cape Coral, Florida.
9. West Valley City, Utah.
10. Laredo, Texas.
Top 10 Secrets To Creating A Dating Profile That Attracts Quality Women ... According to a new article by Hello, Love
1. Use professional photos
2. Display social proof
3. Show your interests and hobbies
4. Write a compelling bio
5. Highlight your accomplishments
6. Be positive and upbeat
7. Be honest and authentic
8. Use humor to stand out
9. Avoid clichés and generic phrases
10. Make sure your profile is well-written and free of errors.
My family blew up at me during our Thanksgiving dinner because I told them I'm only spending $50 on Christmas gifts for my three children. The kids are six, seven and nine and a half. They say I'm cheap and a Grinch. I disagree. Buying expensive Christmas gifts for young children is a waste of time and money. They play with the toys for three days and then they get tossed aside and never played with again. My family says if I bought better gifts they would spend more time playing with them. Again, I disagree. Who do you side with on this? Me or my family? Am I cheap or smart?