Today's Fonseca Best of Calls:
- WIVB says James Webb recently beat Joey Chestnut at the U.S. Chicken Wing Eating Championships in Buffalo. Webb ate 276 wings while Chestnut finished second with 240 wings. The competition lasted for 12 minutes
- The Awesomer says Little Debbie recently created a line of candles that smell like Little Debbie snack cakes. Scents include Oatmeal Creme Pie, Honey Buns, and Cosmic Brownies. Each candle has an estimated burn time of 45 hours.
- Totally the Bomb says Fanta has launched a jet black soda for Halloween. Fans are being asked to guess the mysterious flavor. Some think the flavor might be fruity, but the exact taste remains a mystery.
- Totally the Bomb says Amazon is selling pumpkin spice water drops. The drops have no sugar and are sweetened with stevia. A pack of three costs $14
- Mashed magazine says Dr Pepper Brownies are trending on Tik Tok. People are adding Dr Pepper to their brownie mix because it makes their brownies more moist and fluffy. Some people even make Dr Pepper syrup for extra flavor on top of their brownies.
- Bloomberg News says the Pentagon recently launched a new website to let people report UFO sightings. Only service members and civilian Pentagon employees can submit reports to the site. The Defense Department plans to investigate the reports
- Page Six says Britney Spears recently got a new snake tattoo. The snake is above her fairy tattoo on her lower spine. Britney says the new tatt didn't hurt much.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results. (FRIDAY thru MONDAY .. 4 days)
1. “The Equalizer 3,” $42.5 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film cost $70 million to produce. The film earned $25.6 million overseas for a grand total of $68.1 million)
2. “Barbie,” $13.1 million.
3. “Blue Beetle,” $9.2 million.
4. “Gran Turismo: Based on a True Story,” $8.5 million.
5. “Oppenheimer,” $7.5 million
Singer Jimmy Buffett Dies At 76: The Daily Mail says Jimmy Buffett recently passed away at the age of 76. He died surrounded by his family, friends, music, and dogs. Buffett is best known for his song "Margaritaville". He leaves behind his wife, three children and a $1 billion fortune. BroBible says Buffett passed away from a skin cancer that turned into lymphoma.
Outkick magazine says the Chicago Cubs honored Jimmy Buffett during their Labor Day game yesterday against the San Francisco Giants. During the seventh-inning stretch, they played a 1998 video of Buffett singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game"
Baller Alert says Margaritaville in Palm Springs recently lowered its flag to half-staff to honor Buffett.
Page Six says Britney Spears recently got a new snake tattoo. The snake is above her fairy tattoo on her lower spine. Britney says the new tatt didn't hurt much.
Selena Gomez says she has "standards" when it comes to dating. Geo TV quotes her as saying, "I think I have standards. And I think I live in a world right now where boys confuse standards with high maintenance. I'm not ashamed to say, 'I actually require X, Y, and Z for you to be with me.' You gotta be cool, man. Not cool in the sense that people think you're cool. You just gotta be nice and like, please make me laugh and also just be good to my family and people around you."
The Verge says Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour movie recently broke presale records in less than three hours. The concert film had $26 million in ticket sales in one day. It beat the previous record held by ‘’Spider-Man: No Way Home’’. The movie, ‘’Taylor Swift - The Eras Tour’’, will be shown in theaters on October 13th
The Daily Mail says Adele recently quit buying light-up miniature Christmas villages. She was hiding them from her boyfriend, Rich Paul. The singer spent thousands of dollars on 800 villages that now fill two rooms in her mansion. A source tells the newspaper, "Adele has been struggling to find a way to display the villages and cannot sell them because they are from people's lives." Adele says, "Two bedrooms at my house are filled with these houses and I don't want to be those people that do it at Christmas time. And it takes over a whole room, but I don't have anywhere to put these houses. I don't want to put them into storage because they were people's collections in their lifetimes. So, I've been buying things on Amazon, really wide cupcake displays and things like that, to try and work out a way of displaying these villages."
TMZ says Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner are reportedly divorcing. They have been having serious problems for six months. Joe has allegedly contacted two L.A. divorce lawyers. TMZ says their Miami mansion was sold quickly for a profit. The Daily Mail says Joe and Sophie were recently seen together causing confusion about their divorce rumors. Joe wore his wedding ring at his concert while fans spotted Sophie in the crowd. Joe sang "Hesitate" for Sophie
Olivia Rodrigo tells The Guardian newspaper that she won't reveal if “Vampire” is about Taylor Swift. "I mean, I never want to say who any of my songs are about. I've never done that before in my career and probably won't. I think it's better to not pigeonhole a song to being about this one thing."
The Bleacher Report says Post Malone recently gave a fan his shoes. The singer took off his sneakers and handed them to a lucky concertgoer.
MTV says Smash Mouth's former lead singer, Steve Harwell, has passed away at age 56. He was known for hits like "Walkin' on the Sun" and "All Star." The songs were popular in the late 1990s and early 2000s.
Harwell allegedly died from liver failure due to chronic alcohol use. His manager, Robert Hayes, said, Harwell passed peacefully and comfortably. Steve has been retired from Smash Mouth for two years now, and the band continues to tour with new vocalist Zach Goode. That said, Steve’s legacy will live on through the music. With Steve, Smash Mouth has sold over 10 Million albums worldwide-wide and topped the charts with two #1 hit singles, five Top 40 singles, three Hot 100 singles, four Billboard 200 albums and a Grammy nomination not to mention the hundreds of film and television placements and of course those musical features in Shrek.”
TMZ says Britney Spears is not joining OnlyFans despite her recent sexy videos and pole dancing. She does not want to be associated with the explicit side of the platform. OnlyFans reached out to Britney's team about six months ago, but she decided to pass on their offer to join.
Page Six says Britney Spears recently rode a horse while topless. She posted a video on Instagram saying she "should have gone naked." The singer wore a cowboy hat, white shorts, and a black choker.
The Daily Mail says 60 year-old Johnny Depp is denying reports he's dating 20-year-old Jenna Ortega. His rep says he's never met or spoken to her and isn't working on any projects with her. The rumors began when the gossip blog Deuxmoi mentioned Johnny and Jenna were possibly working on "Beetlejuice 2."
Page Six says Tenacious D stars Jack Black and Kyle Glass recently posed naked while announcing their Spicy Meatball Tour. They hid their private parts with guitars. The tour starts on September 6th in North Carolina
The Daily Mail says Kevin Costner recently testified in court about his divorce and a pay dispute involving ‘’Yellowstone’’. He said he plans to sue over the pay disagreement. Kevin chuckled at times and became engaged in an angry war of words with his ex-wife's lawyer. The Daily Mail says Costner won his child support battle with his estranged wife, Christine. A judge cut her support payments for their three children in half to $63,000 a month. Christine was seeking $161,000 a month. The couple is still working on a fair custody arrangement. PEOPLE Magazine says Christine spends $18,000 a month on clothing.
OK! magazine says Sam Asghari had issues with Britney Spears hanging out with men. He was upset because he thought Britney and her manager, Cade Hudson, were more than friends. A source tells the magazine, "It wasn’t a perfect union, not by a long shot. Sam thought she and Cade, who really is just a pal, hooked up and [he] confronted her about it. She denied it, but he didn’t believe her, and she ended up in tears. That night, she told him it was over and kicked him out.’’
KLFY says Shaquille O'Neal recently surprised a woman at a Lafayette, Louisiana Best Buy by buying her a new $1,200 phone. Kquoella Lewis was shopping for an iPad when she noticed O'Neal next to her. They both looked at the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip phone. O'Neal told an employee to get two phones. One for him and one for Lewis.
OK! Magazine says Tom Brady and Irina Shayk's romance is getting serious. They don't like being apart and try to meet up whenever possible. A source tells the magazine, "Tom is really ecstatic that this is happening, he feels that they totally get each other."
Page Six says Kristin Chenoweth recently married Josh Bryant in a pink Dallas, Texas wedding. Chenoweth wore a Pamella Roland gown with a sheer pink overlay. The couple has been together for five years. Kathy Najimy, David Foster, Katharine McPhee were among those who attended the wedding. Chenoweth is 14 years older than Bryant
RadarOnline says Scottie Pippen is allegedly laughing at Michael Jordan's frustration over his son, Marcus, dating his ex-wife, Larsa. The former Chicago Bulls teammates have a tense relationship. A source tells the website, "Scottie and Larsa are still friendly, and Scottie figures anything that gets under Michael's skin is a victory for him."
Bearded Men More Attractive
The Daily Record says a study found that bearded men are seen as more attractive than clean shaven men. Having a beard is a sign of confidence and masculinity. The study suggests a full beard makes men appear healthier and better suited for parenting. Beards have health benefits like protecting skin from UV rays.
Top 6 Ways To Lower Your Risk Of Getting Sick During Back-To-School Season... According to a new article by Fatherly
1. Wash your hands frequently and properly
2. Get vaccinated for flu and COVID-19
3. Practice good respiratory hygiene
4. Prioritize sleep and stress management
5. Keep your surroundings clean
6. Maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine
Distracted Driving Survey
A new survey by Selective Insurance reveals that 48% of drivers are distracted when their dog is in the car with them. Other findings:
- 91% of drivers interact with their dogs while driving
- 36% of drivers give their dogs food, treats and water while driving
- 27% of people have taken photos or videos of their dog while behind the wheel
- 23% of drivers hold their dog while driving
Top 10 Signs You Might Be Single Forever ... According to a new article by All About Relationships
1. Your friendships are your priority.
2. You don’t have time for dating.
3. You have high standards.
4. You're fiercely independent.
5. You're not interested in sharing your space.
6. Your career takes precedence.
7. You enjoy solitude and introspection.
8. The idea of commitment makes you uneasy.
9. You struggle with trust issues.
10. You have no desire to change your single status.
Top 5 Worst Breakfast Foods ... According to a new article by News Track
1. Sugary Cereals
2. Instant Pancakes and Waffles
3. Flavored Yogurts
4. Breakfast Pastries
5. Sugary Coffee Drinks
I work two jobs. I have a regular 9 to 5 during the week and side hustle as a server at a well-known diner on the weekends. On Saturday, a customer complained to my manager because she said I spoke to her in an offensive manner. She was upset because I called her Hun. was born and raised in the South. It's just how we talk because we have a friendly disposition. The woman told my manager that she was offended because she felt like I was talking down to her. She said the phrase is demeaning to women and that I don't know her well enough to call her that. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. She wanted me taken off the job for the rest of the day. My manager almost sent me home. What do you think? Is the term Hun offensive?