This week's Your Nerd Side Show:
- Fox Business News says Hurricane Idalia's insurance claims are expected to cost Florida insurers $9.36 billion. The storm, which hit Florida's Gulf Coast as a Category 3 hurricane, caused severe flooding and damage to many areas.
- WSPA says Krispy Kreme is bringing back strawberry glazed doughnuts for Labor Day weekend. The special doughnuts will be available until Monday at select locations. This marks the first time they have been offered since 2021
- Baking Business says Samuel Adams has created an Oktoberfest pretzel beer named Wheelhaus Dunkel. The beer is made with brioche-style soft pretzels and salt. It will be available starting on September 15th for a limited time.
Busy Travel Times On Labor Day Weekend: ABC says 60% of Americans have plans to travel during the upcoming Labor Day weekend. AAA says the best times to drive are early morning or evening. Sunday, September 3rd is the best day to travel because minimal traffic is expected. The worst times to drive are between 11 a.m. and 9 p.m. on most days leading up to Labor Day.
PEOPLE Magazine says Luke Combs and his wife, Nicole, are the proud parents of a new baby boy named Beau Lee Combs. The couple already has a 14-month-old son named Tex Lawrence. Beau was born while Luke was on tour in Australia.
The Daily Mail says Taylor Swift recently announced a concert film for her Eras Tour is coming to theaters in North America on October 13th. Tickets are on sale now.
Dua Lipa tells JustJared.com that she dismisses anything negative she sees written about herself. “People are always trying to catch you out in a bad way, because that’s what sells. Social media has its downfalls, but it’s a really good way for people to take their own rhetoric into their own hands. I've learned to ignore most negative things I read about myself. I know it's not true, and everyone who knows me knows it's not true. And that's all that matters. ”
Selena Gomez tells The Los Angeles Times newspaper that she wants to improve herself before she gets into a relationship. “I think everybody goes through the phase of, ‘oh, it’d be nice to like have someone,’ and I get that. But I’m just enjoying where I’m at and I just want to be happy with who I am so that whenever that person comes into my life, I can just have them add on to me instead of being this insecure, you know, person that I normally used to be."
Billie Eilish tells Vogue magazine that she's trying to embrace her femininity. “I feel more comfortable in big North Face pants, a big zip-up jacket, a backward hat, and some Jordans—and that’s how I feel the best. But I’m trying to be more comfortable wearing makeup, like a lot of makeup. Obviously, I wear a little makeup all the time, but it’s just like, big faces of makeup…it’s something that I look up to, and I admire, and for me, I’m just like so scared of it.”
Page Six says Rihanna recently donated goods to help homeless vets in Los Angeles. She worked with the Always For The People Foundation to give items like clothes, food, and shoes.
RadarOnline says Kevin Costner recently lost weight and may be looking for love again after splitting from his wife, Christine Baumgartner. He’s lost 15 pounds and has a trimmer physique. A source tells the news outlet, "Kevin's ready to put himself out there once he finds the next suitable lady. He figures the best way to move past this mess is to get back on the dating scene."
TMZ says Kevin Costner and ex-wife Christine Baumgartner recently had a child support hearing. Kevin claims Christine's boyfriend gave her $20,000. He also accuses her of using the money to pay for her lawyers. Christine wants $175,000 per month for child support.
The JoBlo movie website says a movie, titled “Barbenheimer’’ is in pre-production at Full Moon Studios. The story follows Dr. Barbenheimer and a group of dolls as they build an atomic bomb in Dollsville. The film's tagline is "D-cup, A-bomb."
Geo TV says Samuel L. Jackson has a secret clause in his contracts. He insists on playing golf at least twice a week during movie shoots. Filmmakers must let him indulge in his favorite hobby.
Perez Hilton says Britney Spears' brother Bryan recently posted cryptic messages on Instagram bashing Sam Asghari and Britney's fans. The messages implied that Sam was using Britney for fame and called him a "scam." He also questioned the loyalty of her fans. Bryan later deleted the posts.
Entertainment Tonight says Brad Pitt is taking things slow with Ines de Ramon.The couple has been dating for a year. A source tells the TV show, "Brad isn't rushing anything and likes to let things grow naturally."
OK! Magazine says Khloé Kardashian is allegedly furious over how close Kim Kardashian and Tristan Thompson have become after his cheating scandals. They were seen partying together at Drake's concert. A source tells the magazine, "Kim is hitting the town with Tristan while Khloé is home taking care of the kids. She’s furious. Who can blame her for feeling completely betrayed? It’s humiliating."
Contact Music says Halle Berry was recently doing an Instagram chat with fans when she vowed to fight aging. " I am aging though. Girl. Let me tell you, I'm aging but I'm going down fighting. I'm going to accept that aging. I'm gonna keep doing all my supplements. Probiotics are a big part of that to metabolize my food and my sugars better so that I stay healthy. That's how we fight that in 2023."
Top 10 Iconic Movie Lines Of All-Time ... According to a new article by Wealth of Geeks
1. "Go Ahead, Make My Day" - Sudden Impact (1983)
2. "Stop Trying to Make Fetch Happen" - Mean Girls (2004)
3. "May The Force Be With You" - Star Wars (1977)
4. "You Can't Handle the Truth" - A Few Good Men (1992)
5. "I'll Be Back" - The Terminator (1984)
6. "Life is Like a Box of Chocolates" - Forrest Gump (1994)
7. "Here's Looking at You, Kid" - Casablanca (1942)
8. "I Feel the Need, the Need for Speed" - Top Gun (1986)
9. "There's No Place Like Home" - The Wizard of Oz (1939)
10. "I'm King of the World!" - Titanic (1997)
Top 5 Tips for Better BBQ This Labor Day Weekend ... According to a new article by CNET
1. Clean your grill
2. Try two-zone cooking
3. Let meat rest before cutting it
4. Use a digital meat thermometer
5. Don't use lighter fluid or instant-light charcoal
Daydreaming Boosts Productivity
A new study by SodaStream reveals that office workers spend 6 hours and 21 minutes per week daydreaming at work. Other findings:
- Daydreaming results in great ideas or breakthroughs for 69% of people
- 27% of people have solved a problem by daydreaming
- 30% of people feel less stressed or anxious after daydreaming
- 25% of people have experienced increased creativity after daydreaming
- workers are 48% more likely to daydream when working from home
Parents' Top School Worries ... According to a new article by The Mountaineer
2. Settling in
3. Amount of homework
4. Making new friends
5. Their child being offered drugs
6. Time management
7. Difficulty of school work
8. Peer pressure
9. Being in a good crowd or friend group
10. School life balance
My son is on the sophomore football team at school. He's not getting much playing time. I'm thinking about helping him out by flirting with the coach. I know his coach likes me. If he asked me out, my son might get more playing time. My best friend says there's nothing wrong with what I'm doing because I'm just helping my son out. My brother disagrees and says my son needs to earn playing time. I'm conflicted about what to do. A parent always wants to help their child. Is it wrong if I get the coach to ask me out?