Today's Fonseca Show Best of Calls:
- The Daily Mail says Apple will be unveiling the iPhone 15 tomorrow in nine different colors. The standard version will come in white, black, yellow, light blue, and pink. The iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max models will be available in white, black, gray, and navy blue.
- A new study by CSU Global reveals that 46% of adults are bored at work
- A new survey by OnePoll reveals that 49% of Americans think about someone other than their partner during lovemaking
- Fast Company says Heinz ketchup recently partnered with the home decor brand Lick to create a new paint color that resembles their iconic ketchup shade. The paint is now available for purchase on Lick's website
- Trendhunter says Trader Joe's is selling Pumpkin Spice Ravioli. The seasonal pasta is made with potato, tapioca starches, pumpkin purée, kabocha squash, and a blend of ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella cheeses. The ravioli is sweetened with honey and brown sugar.
- Chew Boom says Brach's recently introduced their new Fall Candy Corn flavors.They include … Kettle Corn, Caramel Apple, Cotton Candy, Lemonade Shake-Up, Strawberry Funnel Cake, and Lemon-Lime Snowcone.
- Inside EVs says Tesla and McDonald's recently partnered to create a limited edition Cyber Spoon for McFlurries. The spoon, which is shaped like a Tesla Cybertruck, costs $4.09 and is only available in China.
- Business Insider says a nationwide laxative shortage is occurring because of hybrid work, travel, and low fiber diets. Doctors are telling people to eat more fruits and vegetables to combat the shortage.
- The new season of ‘’The Masked Singer’’ debuted last night. Entertainment Tonight says host Nick Cannon wore a $2 million pair of shoes while hosting the show
- The Mirror says Kim Kardashian is reportedly dating NFL star Odell Beckham Jr.They started seeing each other after Odell broke up with the mother of his child.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. “The Nun II,” $32.6 million.
2. “The Equalizer 3,” $12.1 million.
3. “My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3,” $10 million.
4. “Jawan,” $6.2 million.
5. “Barbie,” $5.9 million.
Snoozing Button Bad For Your Health: Newsweek magazine says hitting your snooze alarm button every day can be bad for your health. Neurologist Dr. Scott Kutscher warns that snoozing your alarm prolongs sleep inertia, making you feel groggy and tired. Around 11% of people hit their snooze alarm button on a daily basis. Sleep doctors do not recommend using the snooze button.
Kutscher says, "The problem is that nobody likes waking up in the morning. We might all dream that we wake up twirling out of bed like a Disney princess, but the immediate act of waking up feels bad for almost everyone. The idea is that after one, or several snoozes, you will be in a lighter stage of sleep, so you'll have less sleep inertia and it will be easier to wake up. Not bad, right? The thing is, in most people, sleep inertia resolves on its own within 30 to 60 minutes of waking, regardless of what stage of sleep you wake up from. The cold floor on my bare feet helps to wake me up."
The Daily Mail says the Jonas Brothers were recently performing in Los Angeles when Joe Jonas thanked fans for their support following the announcement that he is splitting from his wife, Sophie Turner. He said, "It's been a tough week. I just wanna say, look, if you don't hear it from these lips, don't believe it. Okay? Thank you everyone for your love and support. Me and my family love you guys."
The Daily Mail says Ed Sheeran recently canceled a Las Vegas concert just hours before it was set to start. He apologized to fans on Instagram, saying there were challenges during the "load in" of the event. The concert is now set for October 28th
The Inquisitr says Taylor Swift recently avoided running into her ex-boyfriend, Matty Healy, in New York City. Taylor was spotted visiting the Electric Lady Music Studio in Manhattan, while Matty was seen a few blocks away with model Gabbriette Bechtel. A source tells the site, "Navigating the complex terrain of post-breakup encounters is a challenge for anyone, and celebrities like Taylor Swift are no exception."
Ace Showbiz says Adele was recently performing in Las Vegas when she told fans she would have become a teacher if she hadn't become a singer. "If I wasn't a singer, I would be an English teacher for teenagers. I love teenagers and little kids, but teenagers are my vibe. I can't even handle one four-year-old, let alone 30. I was exhausted running after my son for 10 weeks during the school holidays!"
OK! Magazine says Madonna wants Britney Spears to join her on tour. A source tells the magazine, "She feels it's time for Britney to be shown love, guidance, and support."
TMZ says the Elvis impersonator, who married Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner in Las Vegas, is shocked by their recent divorce. Jesse Garon thought their marriage would last since they dated for three years before getting married.
Perez Hilton says Taylor Swift's lyrics in "Mr. Perfectly Fine" might be a warning to Sophie Turner about Joe Jonas. The song was released after Joe filed for a divorce from Sophie. Fans think the lyrics describe Joe's behavior and foreshadow the situation. Joe and Taylor once dated.
Taylor sings …
“Hello Mr. ‘Perfectly fine’ / How’s your heart after breaking mine? / Mr. ‘Always at the right place at the right time,’ baby / Hello Mr. ‘Casually Cruel’ / Mr. ‘Everything revolves around you’ /I’ve been Miss ‘Misery’ since your goodbye / And you’re Mr. ‘Perfectly Fine'”
“So dignified in your well-pressed suit / So strategized, all the eyes on you / Sashay away to your seat / It’s the best seat, in the best room / ‘Oh, he’s so smug, Mr. ‘Always Wins’ / So far above me in every sense / So far above feeling anything”
PerthNow says Rihanna and ASAP Rocky have named their second child Riot Rose Mayers. The name comes from a song by Riot's father and Pharrell
Page Six says Chris Evans and Alba Baptista recently got married in an intimate ceremony at their home in Massachusetts. The wedding was attended by family, friends, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, and Jeremy Renner. The couple has been in a "serious" relationship for over a year.
The Daily Mail says Seth Rogen recently got a new tattoo in honor of his late dog Zelda. The tattoo shows Zelda's face with her name written in cursive below. The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel passed away in May at 13 years old. Rogen says Zelda is now "just a glance away at all times."
Entertainment Tonight says Sharon Osbourne thinks Ashton Kutcher is the rudest celebrity she's ever met. She called him a "rude little boy" and a "dastardly little thing." Sharon and Ashton didn't get along during his 2018 appearance on "The Talk."
TMZ says Sylvester Stallone recently met the Pope during a family trip to the Vatican. The Pope told Stallone that it was an honor to meet him and even shadowboxed with him. Stallone introduced his wife, Jennifer Flavin, and their three daughters to the Pope
The NY Post says a coroner has ruled that Paul Reubens, aka Pee-wee Herman, recently died from acute myelogenous leukemia. He was also battling metastatic lung cancer. Reubens apologized to fans for not disclosing his illness sooner. He was cremated. Paul was 70.
OK! Magazine claims Halle Berry has allegedly asked her boyfriend, Van Hunt, to sign a prenup agreement before they marry. The couple has been together since 2020. This will be Berry's fourth marriage. A source tells the magazine, "Van has willingly agreed to sign the documents. He's not after her money."
RadarOnline says Drew Barrymore is taking extra precautions to ensure her safety after a man was charged with stalking her. She has amped up security around her $6 million Hamptons mansion. Chad Michael Busto was arrested after riding a bicycle into private driveways and asking neighbors about Barrymore's residence. Busto is required to wear a tracking device for 60 days.
The Daily Mail says Meghan Markle's popularity has dropped significantly in the United States, with a new poll showing she has a -2 approval rating. Only 31% of Americans like Meghan. 33% don't. She had a +23 approval rating in December. Prince Harry's approval rating is currently at +12
The Daily Mail says a crazed fan of Ozark star Laura Linney recently punched her assistant in the head after being denied an autograph. The incident took place outside the Pierre Hotel during New York Fashion Week. Witnesses screamed in horror as the attack occurred, with one saying, "I have never seen anything like that."
The New York Daily News says Christie Brinkley's ex-husband, Peter Cook, 64, recently married his 24-year-old girlfriend, Alba Jancou. They had a small wedding in Capri, Italy. Alba is a real estate agent. The couple got engaged in 2019 during a trip to Santorini, Greece.
TMZ says Arnold Schwarzenegger recently had elbow surgery due to nerve damage. Doctors put a protective cast on his right arm. Arnold had a workout just before surgery. A source tells the website, "Gold's Gym is without its leader... but probably only for a week."
Opposites Attract Survey
A new study by Sky Atlantic reveals that 20% of couples have nothing in common. Other findings:
- 24% of people have completely different hobbies than their partner
- 14% of people say their music taste is entirely different from their partner's
- 22% of people have made a conscious effort to change their interests to match their partner's
Manly Man Survey
A new survey by YouGov reveals that 50% of men are uncomfortable showing their emotions to other men. Other findings:
- 48% of men feel uncomfortable crying in front of their male friends
- 42% of men are reluctant to share a bed with a friend
- 45% of men are uncomfortable saying "I love you" to a male relative
- 31% of men are uncomfortable wearing pink
Top 10 Most Divisive Foods ... According to a new survey by Instacart
2. Black Licorice
5. Blue Cheese
WAYS PEOPLE RECONNECT WITH THEIR PETS … According to a new survey by PetMeds
Playing together - 64 %
Talking to them - 62 %
Giving them treats or rewards - 61 %
Cuddling - 58 %
Going for walks - 44 %
Watching TV or movies together - 39 %
Training or teaching them new things - 20 %
Sharing photos or videos of them on social media - 18 %
Taking them on trips or vacations - 16 %
A new survey by PetMeds reveals that 40% of pet owners would accept a lower salary in exchange for getting to work from home with their pets. Other findings:
- Pets enter their owners' thoughts 13 times per day
- 44% of people worry about their pets experiencing separation anxiety
- 31% of pet parents use pet cameras to monitor their furry friends while at work
Top 10 Most Annoying Office Phrases Of 2023 ... According to a new article by Preply Business
1. New Normal
2. Culture (as in "Company Culture")
3. Circle Back
4. Boots on the Ground
5. Give 110%
6. Low-Hanging Fruit
8. Move the Needle
9. Growth Hacking
10. Think Outside the Box
My father recently passed away. He was 80. My family tasked me with going through his personal belongings. I opened a box on Friday night that had love letters from his mistress. I had no idea he had a lover. Neither did my mother. They were married for over 50 years. She is heartbroken about him dying. Do I have an obligation to tell her about his mistress or should I keep quiet because things are painful enough? What would you do if you were me?