Todays Fonseca Show Best of Calls:
- TMZ says Los Angeles experienced an earthquake and Hurricane Hilary at the same time. A quake, registering 5.1 on the Richter scale, rocked Ojai. No significant damage was reported
- Mashed magazine says the early return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte has prompted people to make homemade pumpkin pizzas. They are topping their pies with roasted pumpkin chunks, red onion, sage and cheese
- TV Insider says Mayim Bialik won't return as a Jeopardy host until 2024 due to the writers strike. Season 40 recently began filming with Ken Jennings hosting
- NBC says a man was recently arrested for jumping off the Eiffel Tower with a parachute. Security tried to stop him, but he went ahead with the jump. The man landed on the roof of a nearby sports complex where he was subsequently arrested by the police - Totally the Bomb says KFC is introducing a new dessert called Funnel Cake Fries. They are shaped like regular fries and made from the same fried dough as traditional funnel cakes. The treats are topped with powdered sugar and are currently available at participating KFC locations.
- Mashed magazine says Starbucks has added a cookie dough frappuccino to their secret menu. The venti vanilla bean Frappuccino is infused with dark caramel and toffee syrup, java chips, whipped cream and cookie crumbles. - The New York Post says a Long Island bagel shop, called Bean's Bagels, is going viral because they have a Doritos Bagel. The shop sells out every time they offer the bagel. The reviews on it are mixed
- NBC says Trader Joe's is recalling their Multigrain Crackers with Sunflower and Flax Seeds because they may contain metal. This is the fourth recall from Trader Joe's in the past month.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1. "Blue Beetle," $25.4 million. (CINEMA SCOOP .. The film cost $104 million to produce. It earned $18 million overseas)
2. “Barbie,” $21.5 million.
3. “Oppenheimer,” $10.6 million.
4. “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem," $8.4 million.
5. “Strays,” $8.3 million.
PEOPLE Magazine says Kelly Clarkson recently brought her kids, Remy and River, on stage during her Las Vegas residency. Her son, Remy, danced with her while she sang "Whole Lotta Woman". Kelly and River sang a duet.
The Luxury Level says The Weeknd recently sold his Los Angeles penthouse for $18 million. He took a $3 million loss. The penthouse features 360-degree views, four bedrooms, eight bathrooms, a steam shower, a soaking tub, a “wine vault,” a mirror-walled gym, a wet bar with a TV wall, white oak floors and a private balcony.
The Daily Mail says Taylor Swift recently caused a street to be shut down in Long Beach Island, New Jersey. She was attending a wedding rehearsal dinner for her friends, Jack Antonoff and Margaret Qualley, when her fans gathered to see her. Channing Tatum, Zoe Kravitz, Lana Del Rey and Andie MacDowell were also present. Cops arrived to control the crowd at the Black Whale corner bar.
Post Malone lost 60 lbs by cutting out soda from his diet. The Mena Star quotes him as saying, "Soda is so bad. It’s so good, but so bad. [If] I had a great show, and you know what, I’m feeling a little bit naughty. I’m gonna have myself a Coke on ice."
Us Weekly says Harry Styles is always smiling when he's with his new girlfriend, Taylor Russell. The couple has been dating for a few months and recently attended a play together in London. A source tells the magazine, "Harry is always smiling when he’s with her. They're having a great time together."
TMZ says Britney Spears' prenup with Sam Asghari allegedly leaves him with nothing in the event of a divorce. Sam's lawyer filed for spousal support, hinting at a possible challenge to the prenup. A source tells TMZ that Britney may pay Sam several hundred thousand dollars for peace of mind and to prevent their private details from going public. Their prenup does have a confidentiality clause. Sam gets to keep any gifts or cars Britney gave him during their relationship
The Sun says Britney Spears' husband, Sam Asghari, filed for a divorce due to her "erratic" behavior. She allegedly threw knives at the walls in their home. A source tells the newspaper, "Her behavior has become concerning and everyone is worried about her." Britney’s friends, like Madonna and Paris Hilton, have shown support by unfollowing Sam on social media.
Britney posted, ‘’As everyone knows, Sam and I are no longer together … 6 years is a long time to be with someone so, I’m a little shocked but … I’m not here to explain why because its honestly nobody’s business !!! But, I couldn’t take the pain anymore honestly !!! In some sort of telepathic way I have been receiving so many messages that melt my heart from friends and I thank you !!! I’ve been playing it strong for way too long and my Instagram may seem perfect but it’s far from reality and I think we all know that !!!"
Geo TV says Britney Spears is allegedly accusing her estranged husband, Sam Asghari, of spying on her and using her for money. She believes he secretly recorded her. A source says, “She’s accused him of everything from spying on her, secretly recording her, cheating on her, talking to her family behind her back and other horrible things. She now thinks that Sam was always using her, that she was his meal ticket and that he never truly loved her.’’
Geo TV says Britney Spears and Sam Asghari allegedly started living separately just months after their wedding. A source tells the website, “Britney wanted a fairytale and she didn’t get it. She felt that Sam’s love was not unconditional. Of course she feels let down…anyone would when your partner is not providing for you in the way you feel you need to be provided for. She booked great, high-end vacations and paid for everything, they went everywhere on private jet. But he was not super present, You only have to ask, where was he when Britney was filming all her Instagram videos? He would just disappear for months to go filming and she would be left all alone. There were times when he would just get up and go.”
Closer Weekly Magazine says Courteney Cox allegedly wants to marry her boyfriend, Johnny McDaid, before her 60th birthday. They got engaged in 2014. A source tells the magazine, "Courteney’s getting tired of this ‘will they, won’t they’ narrative because Johnny won’t follow through with his promises."
RadarOnline.com says Larsa Pippen is not engaged to Marcus Jordan. The diamond ring she has been wearing is a promise ring. A source tells the website, "The two have been talking marriage."
Bang Showbiz says Kristen Bell recently opened up about being criticized for allowing her daughters to drink non-alcoholic beer. She says she doesn't worry about the haters. “When they have tried to order NAs at a restaurant or something, it’s because of a very specific connection to you. Because first of all, they’re educated on addiction and what substances are and how they affect your body and how scary they are and what they can do to you.”
Entertainment Tonight says Tori Spelling has been hospitalized for four days. She is not disclosing what is wrong. Spelling and her five children are living in an RV due to financial struggles. She posted; "4th day here and I'm missing my kiddos so much … Grateful and so proud of my strong, brave, resilient, and kind to the core children who remain positive no matter what comes our way.’’ A source tells the TV show, "Tori is doing her best to make things work and take care of her kids." Spelling was hospitalized back in December with some kind of respiratory issue
Contact Music says Sam Asghari asked fans for help in choosing a "paparazzi disguise" after filing for a divorce from Britney Spears. Sam posted pictures of himself in three different disguises. Each one had him with different colored glasses and different colored wigs
Ace Showbiz says Meghan Markle allegedly wants her own talk show. She plans to relaunch her Instagram account and lifestyle brand, The Tig. Meghan wants to be like Oprah Winfrey and Gwyneth Paltrow. A source tells the site, "She wants to be seen on the same level as global stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Oprah and Angelina Jolie."
The Daily Mail says Tom Cruise is allegedly feeling "sour" because his latest Mission: Impossible movie has been overshadowed by Barbie at the box office. Barbie has made over $1 billion. The latest Mission: Impossible movie has earned over $570 million since its release. A source tells the newspaper, “Tom’s Mission: Impossible seven was hard-earned and overcame so many hurdles to make it into the cinema. But there is a feeling among the crew that they fought h*** and high water to get it out only for Barbie to come along and totally overshadow it. It’s a really hard time in Hollywood right now so no one is knocking Barbie’s wins, it’s just left a bit of a sour taste in some mouths.”
Top 10 Foods That Keep Wrinkles At Bay... According to a new article by Redbook
4. Sweet Potatoes
6. Pomegranate Seeds
7. Olive Oil
MOST FRUSTRATING PARTS OF SUMMER … According to a new survey by OFF bug bite spray
Mosquitoes - 28%
Sweating - 27%
Excessive heat - 27%
Stickiness/Humidity - 24%
Increased number of people in my usual area - 22%
Higher utility bills - 21%
Sunburn - 21%
Higher travel prices - 19%
Excessive air conditioning - 19%
Lack of shade outside - 19%
Pressure to do something - 18%
Ticks - 17%
Phone Snooping Survey
A new survey by Whistleout reveals that 50% of people admit to snooping through their partner's phone. Other findings:
- 48% of women feel looking at their partner's phone is "okay". 31% of men feel the same way
- 34% of people have looked through a partner's phone without them knowing
- 7% of people have broken up with someone after snooping through their phone.
- 18% of people have gotten into an intense argument after snooping through their partner's phone
- Top things phone snoopers look at ...
Social media accounts (42%)
Call history (35%)
Browsers history (24%)
- Top things phone snoopers have found after snooping
flirting with another person (34%)
talking to an ex (25%)
found out they were cheating on them (21%)
using dating apps (10%)
Tinder A.I. Survey
The Daily Mail says a recent study found that real-life profiles on Tinder receive more right swipes than AI-generated ones. Women are more likely to choose human-written male profiles (64%) than AI-created ones (36%). Men are more likely to choose human-written female profiles (54%) than AI-created ones. (46%).
Relationship coach Alex Limanowka says the disparity between the sexes is occurring because men focus more on photos while women look at the descriptions.
I am writing to you about an issue every parent with a daughter faces. Our daughter is starting school and going into the 5th grade. She looks like she could be starting high school or even entering her sophomore year. My husband and I are torn about how to dress her. He wants her to wear baggy clothes so she's not teased about her 'mature' appearance. I agree with him, but also think that sends the wrong message. I think 'if you got it you can flaunt it' even at her age. I think she should be allowed to wear clothing that highlights her best features. My husband thinks that's going to cause her to be teased and bullied. How do we dress her? What should we do?