- The USA Today newspaper says a new limited edition Super Mario Bros Oreo cookie will hit stores on July 10th. The cookies are embossed with 16 different Super Mario characters including Mario, Luigi, a Super Star, Bowser and a Goomba. The Gamer says some people have pre-ordered the $5 cookies and are scalping them on eBay for as much as $50.
- Female First says Lindsay Lohan is expecting a baby boy with her husband, Bader.
- The NY Post says Princess Diana's famous sheep sweater is going to be auctioned off. The bright cherry-red sweater features a group of white sheep with a single black sheep in the center. It was recently discovered in an attic by one of its original designers. Diana wore the sweater to one of King Charles' Summer polo matches in 1981. Sotheby's is expecting the sweater to fetch between $50,000 and $80,000. - CBS says the upcoming high school football season could be affected by a referee shortage. School districts around the country are bracing for the shortage and plan to make schedule changes in order to have games
- A new survey by the University of Michigan reveals that 13% of older adults are addicted to junk food
- Yahoo News says a competitive eater, from New Zealand, recently ate a McDonald's cheeseburger with 100 pickles. Nella Zisser downed the burger and pickles in seven minutes. She previously ate 10 Burger King Whoppers in 17 minutes and a 2.2-pound jar of Nutella in under four minutes
‘Titanic’ To Stream On Netflix Following Titan Submarine Disaster: Decider magazine says Titanic is going to start streaming on Netflix on July 1st. Some people can't believe Netflix would stream the movie in the wake of the recent tragedy involving the Titan Titanic tourist submarine.
The Internet reacts .. .
“Netflix marketing director: ‘You know how we could really capitalize on the tragic deaths of those people? Put the Titanic on Netflix for some easy cash because $31.6 billion a year in revenue isn’t enough”
“How broken and sick does your brain have to be to think this way?”
“Netflix is overstepping the boundaries of decency on this timing. People died in a tragic accident at the Titanic site and now to capitalize on the moment to garner viewers is beyond distasteful.”
“No way they saw those dead ppl and thought ‘this is a great opportunity'”
“PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A JOKE YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY BE THIS SHAMELESS.”
Billboard magazine says a Taylor Swift signed guitar was recently auctioned off for $120,000. The sale benefited the Kids With Cancer charity.
Miley Cyrus tells People magazine that you shouldn't cut different people out of your life. “If you're avoiding people just because society tells you they're 'weird' or something, you're really missing out. Weird people make the world go round. It's the so-called 'normal' people who are the truly weird ones."
The Daily Mail says Madonna has sold her Hidden Hills, California mansion for $23 million. She bought the home in 2021 from The Weeknd for $19.3 million. Madonna was seeking $26 million. The home has nine bedrooms, a pool, a movie theater, a wine cellar, a library and a music lounge
Post Malone tells Uproxx.com that he met an alien on his compound in Utah. “I got this huge fence around my property. It’s supposed to keep all the wildlife out but somehow, this big cougar keeps getting in. Also, there was an alien there. Not like a physical alien, but like a ball — I think it was an alien. Or a ghost. We caught it on the infrared camera. Does an alien count as wildlife?”
The Weeknd tells Variety magazine that he is finishing his next album. “The name of it will come out soon, but it’s not called what some fans think it’s called… what they think it’s called is actually a song on the album, but that’s not what the actual album is called. So I’m just gonna say that.”
The Daily Mail says Sandra Bullock was recently spotted on a date with a mystery man. The two were caught in Los Angeles on Saturday evening. The paparazzi took pictures of Sandra and her younger date as they left an Italian restaurant. They refused to answer questions
Radar Online claims Jamie Foxx's ex-girlfriend, Katie Holmes, is trying to reach him to find out if he is okay following his alleged stroke. A source tells the website, “Katie is worried sick about Jamie She and Jamie didn’t end on the best of terms. But regardless, she is very concerned. Katie is desperate to find out more details but a lot of her calls to their mutual friends are going answered. No one knows what is going on.”
Epic Stream says Ben Affleck may make a cameo in ''Deadpool 3''. The website claims he has been seen on the set with Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman. Epic Stream says Ben may be reprising his role as Matt Murdock aka Daredevil. ''Deadpool 3'' will be released on May 3rd, 2024
The NY Post says the CEO of one of Hollywood's biggest talent agencies recently slammed Meghan Markle. United Talent Agency CEO Jeremy Zimmer was asked about Harry and Meghan's break up with Spotify. He is quoted as saying, “Turns out Meghan Markle was not a great audio talent, or necessarily any kind of talent. And, you know, just because you’re famous doesn’t make you great at something.”
The NY Post says Ryan Reynolds is getting into Formula 1 racing. He and his business partners have purchased a 24% stake in the Alpine Formula Race Team. Ryan and his investors are putting up $218 million. Michael B Jordan is also an investor.
Perez Hilton says Dog the Bounty Hunter recently discovered he has a secret child. He made the announcement about his son on the fourth anniversary of his late wife's death. “For the last four years, this day was a terrible reminder of one of the greatest losses of my life. But God redeemed this day when I discovered my son Jon, who I just met recently, was born on this day. So now instead of sorrow, this day has a new meaning. This is my son Jon and his wife Jodi. The whole story of Jon is told in my new book, Nine Lives and Counting, coming SOON. For anyone who has suffered a terrible loss please know God restores and redeems. Happy birthday son, love you both.”
Bryan Cranston tells the Happy Sad Confused podcast that he has no plans to play Lex Luthor even though some fans want him to. ''I did Jim Gordon in the animated Batman thing. And that was fun. Because I had a bald head, they go ‘Ah! Lex Luthor!’ It’s like, come on. Let’s think about this a little bit."
Harrison Ford tells Deadline Hollywood that the only reason he was cast as Indiana Jones is because Tom Selleck had a previous obligation. ''How I got the job? Tom Selleck had the job, but he also incurred an obligation to do a television series and he was unable to get out of that contract. I became the ‘second’ choice, and I’m very grateful for Tom. Thank you, Tom, man. If you’re listening, thank you again.''
''Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny'' opens Friday
Hello magazine says Gwen Stefani, Def Leppard, Sammy Hagar, Darius Rucker and Dr Dre will be among those receiving stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2024. Gail Gadot, Chris Pine, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Ken Jeong, Eugene Levy and Kerry Washington will be among the actors receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2024
Entertainment Tonight says Barbie's Malibu Dream House has been posted on Airbnb in order to promote the new live-action Barbie movie.
The home's description reads ...
Welcome to my Kendom! While Barbie is away, she has handed over the keys to her Malibu DreamHouse this summer and my room could be yours for the night. I’ve added a few touches to bring some much-needed Kenergy to the newly renovated and iconic Malibu DreamHouse. Placed perfectly above the beach with panoramic views, this life-size toy pink mansion is a dream come true!
Booking opens at 10 a.m. PT on Monday, July 17 for two, one-night stays for up to two guests on July 21 and July 22, 2023.
Situated along the stunning, photogenic coastline, the Malibu DreamHouse is a sunny surfer’s sanctuary surrounded by beach, beach and more beach – just the way I like it.
I’ve decked out the place with a little more…well, me! I’m more than just beach! My cowboy stuff is great. And horses! Guitars, games and more. And of course, rollerblades, because I literally go nowhere without them. Now, guests can live it up Ken-style for a neon night in Barbie Land – six-pack not included.
- During your stay, you will have the opportunity to live in technicolor by:
- Taking a spin through my awesome wardrobe to find your best beach fit. Look out Barbie, I’ve got quite the closet too!
- Channeling your inner cowboy and learning a line dance or two on my outdoor disco dance floor or performing a sunset serenade on my guitar
- Challenging your fellow guests to a “beach off” with plenty of sunbathing and chillaxing by the infinity pool
- Taking home a piece of my Kendom with your very own set of yellow-and-pink Impala skates and surfboard
Summer Sick Day Survey
A new survey by Turo reveals that 53% of people would call in sick or have called in sick to enjoy a nice Summer day. Other findings:
- 29% of people have gone to the beach after blowing off work
- 33% of people have gone to a park after blowing off work
- 28% of at-home workers try and get outside during their work day
- 12% of people have gone to a bar after blowing off work
WHAT WOULD PEOPLE DO TO BE DEBT-FREE? …. According to a new survey by Beyond Finance
Give up social media for a year - 32%
Spend a night on a remote island - 31%
Give up internet access for a month - 29%
Go skydiving - 20%
Eat something gross - 19%
Go storm chasing during tornado season - 18%
Get tackled by a linebacker - 14%
Go BASE jumping - 12%
Swim with sharks - 12%
Complete a triathlon - 11%
Run with the bulls - 11%
Sensitive Side Survey
A new study by Aveeno reveals that modern men are just as sensitive as modern women. 37% of men consider it a compliment to be called sensitive. 23% of women see this compliment as an insult. Other findings:
- 71% of men say they are in touch with their feelings. 82% of women say the same
- 41% of people say they are always sensitive
- 55% of people like to show their sensitive side
- 48% of people say it's more socially accepted for women than men to show their sensitive side
On Saturday night, I walked into my guest bathroom and tripped over my husband. The lights were off because he was looking out the window at our neighbor. She had her shades up and was walking around in her bra and underwear. This led to a huge fight between my husband and I. On Sunday, I told my neighbor she needs to keep her shades shut if she is going to walk around with no clothes on. She said it's not her fault that my husband was looking at her. She said I was getting mad at the wrong person. I'm mad at both of them. My brother says I shouldn't be mad at my husband because he was just being a guy. Is that an excuse? Is my brother right? Who should I be mad at? Does my neighbor have a right to walk around in her underwear with her shades open?