- CBS says the average price for a Thanksgiving turkey is now $3.39 a pound. That's up from $3 last year. The jump in price is due to the avian bird flu
- The travel booking app Hopper says holiday airline prices are up 43% from a year ago. Planes are expected to be packed this Thanksgiving
- The Daily Mail says fake profiles are flooding Twitter because scammers and pranksters can impersonate celebrities by purchasing blue checkmark verifications for $8. LeBron James, George W Bush, Rudy Giuliani, Nancy Pelosi and Donald Trump have all been impersonated this week.
- Fast Company says Heinz and their designers spent a whopping 185,000 hours redesigning their new bottle caps. They spent $1.2 million and had 45 different variations of the cap before settling on their final one. The new caps control the amount of air that rushes back into a bottle thus keeping the ketchup fresher
- WMTW says Wendy's is celebrating the holidays with a new Frosty flavor. Peppermint will be available next Tuesday for a limited time
- The Wrap says Chris Rock is going to do a live Netflix comedy special in 2023. He is going to be the first artist to perform live on the streaming service
- The Hollywood Gossip says Mike ''The Situation'' Sorrentino and his wife, Lauren, have revealed the gender of their second child. They are expecting a baby girl in January.
Kids Name City's New Snow Plows: KDVR says Boulder, Colorado recently held a contest for elementary school students where they were asked to name the city's new snow plows.
Here are the 12 winning names ...
Nicky Youre tells Billboard magazine that he likes writing 'happy' songs. “I prefer songs with bright sounds. A song that makes you smile when you hear it. A song that makes you happy.”
Lewis Capaldi tells Billboard magazine that he once sent a drunk text to Harry Styles.“I don’t know what it was — I was hammered. But he said to me, ‘This feels like a ‘you up’ text.’ I mean, he didn’t say no!”
The Boston Globe says floor seats to Taylor Swift's March 2023 show in Boston are selling for as much as $5,000 a piece. Ticketmaster claims 88% of tickets for the show are selling at their stated price
NME magazine says Aaron Carter's unfinished memoir is going to be released next week. '(My Father’s Son): Aaron Carter: An Incomplete Story Of An Incomplete Life' was derived from three years of interviews with author Andy Symonds. Andy says, “Aaron was an open book during the writing process. It’s a tragic irony that his autobiography will never include all his stories, thoughts, hopes, and dreams as he intended.”
The Kid LAROI tells NME magazine that he succeeded due to his work ethic. “The question of what makes me stand out, I don’t know, because I don’t really think that much of what I do anyway, I just kind of do it. I just always was trying really hard and just grinding. I think that’s the only reasoning I would say, just trying to go super hard, always wanting to do it, always motivated.”
Steve Lacy tells GQ magazine that he feels it's more about the music than it is about him. “I don't mind not being in the front. It's more about the music than me. I'd rather have people know my songs than know me on sight.”
Extra TV says Nick Cannon is expecting yet another child. Abby De La Rosa has confirmed that Nick is the father of her third baby. The couple share a pair of twins named Zion and Zillion. Nick is also expecting his eleventh child with Alyssa Scott.
Marca magazine says Nick has impregnated five different women in the same year.
The NY Post says Gisele Bundchen secretly bought an $11.5 million Miami Beach mansion that's located across from Tom Brady's home. She has a direct view of his house. Giselle's new home has five bedrooms and easy access to the ocean. A source tells the newspaper, “You could literally swim from Gisele’s place to Tom’s — not that they would — but both homes will include a dock, so it would be very easy for them to co-parent their children while living so close to each other”
Marca magazine says Ozzy Osbourne allegedly wants someone other than Johnny Depp to play him in a movie about his life. The magazine quotes him as saying, ''I don't want anyone like Johnny Depp to act like me. I'd rather have someone who is relatively unknown. If it's a hit, great. As long as it's not too tongue-in-cheek, you know?".
Radar Online claims Sandra Bullock may be retiring from Hollywood. A source tells the website, “Sandra has been ‘closed for business’ since the early Summer. She’s saying no to everything — even jobs that pay millions for just a couple of days of work. Sure, she’s taken time off before. But this feels different, and people are worried she’s veering toward permanent retirement.”
Millie Bobby Brown tells Wired Magazine that she had a spit bucket on the set of "Stranger Things'' because she got sick of eating waffles. Her character fell in love with Eggo waffles during the early part of the show's first season. “In Stranger Things I had a little spit bucket next to me and I’d spit into it because I couldn’t swallow the waffles because I’d gag.”
Jerry Springer tells the Velvet Rope podcast that he may go to h*** because of his talk show. ''I just apologize. I'm so sorry. What have I done? I've ruined the culture. I just hope hell isn't that hot because I burn real easy. I'm very light-complected, and that kind of worries me."
Extra TV says People's ''Sexiest Man Alive'', Chris Evans, is dating actress Alba Baptista. He is 41 while she is 25. A source tells the TV show, “They are in love and Chris has never been happier. His family and friends all adore her. The relationship is “serious.” Alba speaks five languages and does humanitarian work at an orphanage in Cambodia
Simon Cowell tells the Daily Mirror newspaper that he has no plans to leave an inheritance to his son, Eric .“I’m going to leave my money to somebody. A charity, probably — kids and dogs. I don’t believe in passing on from one generation to another. Your legacy has to be that hopefully you gave enough people an opportunity, so that they could do well, and you gave them your time, taught them what you know.
Holiday Shopping Survey
A new survey by PWC reveals that only 20% of consumers plan to shop on Black Friday. Other findings:
- 17% of people are planning to wait until after Thanksgiving weekend to shop for the holidays
- 74% of people plan to spend the same or more this holiday season
- 53% of holiday shoppers are concerned about rising inflation
9 Worst Impulse Purchases You’ll Regret ... According to a new survey by Finance Buzz
1. New clothes
2. Spa services
3. The latest smartphone
4. Groceries you don’t really want
5. Takeout that doesn’t hit home
6. Home furnishings that don’t work
7. The rarely used gym membership
8. That book everyone's reading
9. Extended warranties
Top 10 Everyday Moments Of Joy … According to a new survey by One Poll
Snuggling up under fresh bed sheets
Binge watching your favorite TV program
Enjoying a BBQ with friends and family
Packages arriving in the mail
An at-home movie night with friends/family
When someone cooks your favorite dinner as a surprise
The first cup of tea/coffee in the morning
Checking your bank account and having more money than you thought
Getting an unexpected freebie
Dancing to your favorite song
I was having lunch with my co-workers yesterday when I talked about wanting to start my holiday shopping this weekend. I said I am going to buy gift cards for everyone this year. One of my co-workers criticized me and said gift cards are a terrible gift. She says they show no thought, effort or creativity. I disagree. I think people like gift cards because they allow them to buy what they want. She says gift cards are a cop-out. This started an argument among seven women. You can imagine how it ended. It will be interesting to see if anyone in the office talks to one another today. What is your stance on gift cards? Cop-out or not?