Fonseca Trending 12/09/21
- Phone Arena says the Waze navigation app is celebrating the holidays by offering drivers the chance to be navigated by one of two Santas. 'Holly Jolly Santa' gives directions with belly laughs while 'Mall Santa' features a cheerful voice.
- The Drinks Business website says Costco is helping parents make it through the holiday season by selling ornaments filled with winter berry gin. A pack of six costs around $35.
- Birmingham Live says Aldi is celebrating the holiday season by selling Christmas-dinner scented candles. Scents include Turkey and Stuffing and Pigs in a Blanket. The candles burn for 25 hours
- Hola magazine says one of Will Ferrell's Elf costumes was recently auctioned off for $300,000
- Jam Broadcasting says Ken Jeong and Joel McHale are going to host Fox's New Year's Eve special from Times Square. Maroon 5, Pink, Imagine Dragons and Billy Idol will perform
- The Daily Record says the covid booster jab is leaving some people feeling thirsty. Doctors say the dehydration side effect is nothing to worry about.
- The NY Post says Tiger Woods and his 12 year-old son, Charlie, are going to compete in the PNC Championship golf tournament in Orlando. He tweeted; “Although it’s been a long and challenging year, I am very excited to close it out by competing in the @PNCchampionship with my son Charlie. I’m playing as a Dad and couldn’t be more excited and proud.'' This is Tiger's first tournament since his car accident
- TV Insider says ''Jeopardy'' has announced that Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik are going to continue hosting the show through season 38
- The Wrap says 4.6 million people watched “Live in Front of a Studio Audience: The Facts of Life and “Diff’rent Strokes”. That's down 2 million from the live versions of "Good Times" and "All in the Family''.
- The NY Post says Alex Rodriguez has sold his Miami home for $6.3 million. He bought the house before breaking up with Jennifer Lopez. It has three bedrooms and waterfront views
- A new survey by Gunther Volkswagen reveals that 16% of drivers would bribe their way out of a ticket if they could get away with it
The Dial-A-Carol Hotline Returns: The Dial-A-Carol hotline returns today. University of Illinois dorm residents sing free Christmas carols to those who call (217) 332-1882. The hotline will be open 24 hours a day for the next week. Resident advisor
Jennifer Taylor says, ''We are very excited to be back in full swing this year and bring the joy of Dial-A-Carol to both new and returning callers/carolers. In terms of most popular songs, I’d have to say All I Want for Christmas is You, Jingle Bells, and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, but we have over 120 songs in our songbook and will gladly look up any requests we may not have already!”
The hotline started in 1960
Tesla Drivers Can Play Video Games While Driving: The website DNYUZ says Tesla drivers can now play three video games while driving. Solitaire, a jet fighter game and a conquest strategy game can all be played on the dashboard's video screen. Critics say gaming while driving is dangerous.
Survey: "Have you ever seen another driver engage in a distracted driving practice? What outrageous thing were they doing?"
People magazine says Michael Strahan will fly into space on Saturday aboard Jeff Bezos' rocket. His trip for today was scratched due to high winds. He plans to take the following with him on his trip
12 shell casings from the 12-gun salute performed at his father’s funeral
his Super Bowl ring
his Hall of Fame ring
a watch that belonged to his grandfather
a timepiece with a celestial face and moon-phase function.
a pearl necklace from his girlfriend’s late grandmother
his ABC and FOX employee ID cards
a lucky $2 bill.
The Daily Mail says Britney Spears is not going to invite any of her family to her wedding. A source tells the newspaper, 'Britney can’t wait to get married and truly start her life. They’ve already begun planning, and she is so happy she gets to finally make these decisions. It's not clear if she's going for a big celebration or an intimate ceremony, but it'll be family-free for the time being. As of now, there will be none of her family who is invited to wedding.''
Jennifer Aniston tells The Hollywood Reporter that she is tired of everyone speculating about her having kids. "What the tabloids and the media did to people's personal lives back then, regular people are doing now [on social media]. Although I haven't seen a tabloid in so long. Am I still having twins? Am I going to be the miracle mother at 52? Now you've got social media," she said. "It's almost like the media handed over the sword to any Joe Schmo sitting behind a computer screen to be a troll or whatever they call them and bully people in comment sections. So it's just sort of changed hands in a way. And I don't know why there's such a cruel streak in society. I often wonder what they get off on."
E! Online says the new ''Sex and the City'' series, ''And Just Like That'', starts streaming today on HBO Max. Kristin Davis tells CBS that producers shot fake scenes to throw fans off. "We want the fans to enjoy the show. I think that's the important part." Cynthia Nixon adds, "We don't know want them to know—we don't want them to read the Cliffs Notes beforehand."
The National Enquirer claims Meghan Markle's recent odd appearance on Ellen may have hurt her chances of having a Hollywood career again. A source tells the magazine, “Her desperate bid to boost her Hollywood brand failed miserably. It may be the final nail in her career coffin. Meghan and Harry may think only of their new cash-chasing life but the queen is hell-bent on saving the monarchy and won’t allow toxic royal rebels to destroy that.''
Unilad says Tiger King star Joe Exotic has gotten a new neck tattoo. It reads: "In memory of Travis". Joe was married to Travis Maldonado. Maldonado died in 2017 after accidentally shooting himself in the face.
Radar Online says Jennifer Lopez has hired armed guards to watch over her Bel Air, California home. She hired more security after a string of home invasions in the neighborhood. A private security SUV sits at her front gates.
Perez Hilton says the Kardashians like Kim dating Pete Davidson. A source tells the website, “A lot of the Kardashians met him in the past and have hung out with him, so he’s not like this new stranger that just entered into their lives. They think he’s funny and is fun to be around. He’s someone that just lightens the mood in the room. No one can remember seeing her smile and laugh so much around a guy. He just has this ability to hold Kim’s total attention and have her in stitches with his hilariously dry sense of humor. He’s so down to earth and humble, which she really digs. After the family has gotten to spend time with the both of them and hearing Kim being smitten by him, they really think it could be something serious and something that could be long-term.”
Coffee Lowers Risk Of Alzheimer's
A new study published in the journal Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience reveals that drinking coffee lowers your risk of getting Alzheimer's. Dr. Samantha Gardner says. "If the average cup of coffee made at home is 240g [or roughly one eight-ounce cup], increasing to two cups a day could potentially lower cognitive decline by eight percent after 18 months. It could also see a five percent decrease in amyloid accumulation in the brain over the same time period."
A new survey by Dolby Laboratories reveals that 60% of adults think they were born in the wrong era because of their taste in music. Other findings:
- 45% of people have rediscovered an iconic artist, album or song during the past two years.
SONGS FROM OVER A DECADE AGO THAT HAVE BEEN RECENTLY DISCOVERED
“A Song for Mama” by Boyz II Men
“Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
“Jump” by Van Halen
“Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi
“Obsessed” by Mariah Carey
“Poker Face” by Lady Gaga
“Push It” by Salt-N-Pepa
“Stayin’ Alive” by the Bee Gees
“Umbrella” by Rihanna
“What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
ARTISTS THAT PEOPLE REDISCOVERED IN THE PAST TWO YEARS
WHAT MOVIES OR SHOWS HAVE INFLUENCED NEW MUSIC DISCOVERIES? .. According to a new survey by Dolby Labs
“Guardians of the Galaxy”
“Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings”
“Saturday Night Live”
“The Umbrella Academy”
MOST DESIRED HOLIDAY GIFTS OF 2021 … According to a new survey by minted
Clothing – 41%
Something personal/sentimental (framed photo, locket, etc) – 39%
Technology (new phone, laptop, TV, etc.) – 35%
Kitchenware – 24%
Gift cards – 24%
Jewelry – 24%
Beauty/grooming products – 24%
Books – 21%
Art for my home – 12%
Activity items (puzzles, coloring books, etc) – 12%
Top U.S. Google Searches In 2021:
Georgia Senate Race
Georgia Senate Race
Kyle Rittenhouse Verdict
Henry Ruggs III
Odell Beckham Jr.
Dog the Bounty Hunter
Musicians and Bands:
Lil Nas X
How to pronounce:
How to pronounce Dogecoin
How to pronounce Michael Jackson
How to pronounce quinoa
How to pronounce Kamala
How to pronounce Elon Musk sons name
How to pronounce Giannis Antetokounmpo
How to pronounce charcuterie
How to pronounce Qatar
How to pronounce Saweetie
How to pronounce Kabul
We have a problem with porch pirates in our neighborhood. My husband rigged a fake package with a glitter bomb. Our Ring doorbell camera caught a neighboring teenager stealing the package. The boy's mother came to our house yesterday and demanded we pay his medical bills. He had to go to the hospital because part of the glitter hit him in the face and injured his eyes. She says we should pay because he's a minor. She says he's just a kid. My husband and I don't think we're responsible. What do you think?