- ABC says 129 Americans a minute are testing positive for the coronavirus. Over 30 million Americans are in lockdown because of various stay-at-home orders throughout the country.
- The Baltimore Sun says President Donald Trump is going to attend the Army-Navy football game on Saturday.
- Business Insider says Dr Anthony Fauci plans to celebrate his 80th birthday on Christmas Eve with a Zoom party. He says, "We're going to have a Zoom celebration with my wife and I in my house, and my children scattered throughout the country.''
- On Sunday, TMZ announced that the Flowbee had sold out because George Clooney uses it to cut his hair. Now, Flowbee units are selling on eBay for as much as $1,200.
- NBC says U.S. Air Force officer Chuck Yeager, who broke the speed of sound, has died at the age of 97. He broke the sound barrier in 1947 while piloting a rocket plane over Muric Dry Lake in California.
Anti-Masker Sings ''We Wish You A Merry Christmas'' While Being Arrested: The Buffalo News says a 61 year-old Cambria, New York anti-masker sang ''We Wish You A Merry Christmas'' as she was being arrested for not wearing a coronavirus mask inside a cable television store. Patricia A. Elstrodt refused to exit the store. Officers quickly arrived and told her to leave. She refused again and started singing ''We Wish You A Merry Christmas''. Patricia then laid on the ground and curled up in a fetal position with her body wrapped around her cable box. Officers cuffed her as she resisted arrest.
Top Phrases of 2020 .. According to Yale Law School Librarian Fred Shapiro.
1. “Wear a mask.” — Dr. Anthony Fauci, CNN interview, May 21.
2. “I can’t breathe.” — George Floyd, Minneapolis, May 25.
3. "One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear,” President Donald Trump, referring to the coronavirus at the White House, Feb. 27.
4. “I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning?" — Trump, at a White House Coronavirus Task Force news briefing, April 23.
5. “I will never lie to you. You have my word on that.” — White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany, at her first press briefing, May 1.
6. “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.” — Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, statement dictated to granddaughter Clara Spera, September.
7. “If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.” — Joe Biden, in an interview with “The Breakfast Club” radio program, May 22.
8. “The science should not stand in the way of this.” — White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany, referring to school reopenings in a news briefing, July 16.
9. “You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier.” — Joe Biden, in a remark to a student at a campaign event, Hampton, N.H., Feb. 9.
10. “We are all Lakers today.” — Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers, in a remark to reporters after the death of Kobe Bryant, Jan. 26.
Naughty Gossip says Justin Bieber is going to perform a livestream concert on New Year's Eve. He says, “I’ve worked with T-Mobile for a long time — they’re such a fun brand, and we’re working on more surprises to watch out for during this special night. I can’t wait to partner on this epic New Year’s Eve concert with them, and give everyone a safe way to kick 2020 out the door, together.”
Female First says Ariana Grande has gifted Katy Perry's daughter with a $710 Givenchy snowsuit. Ariana sent a letter to Katy and Orlando Bloom that read: “congrats & i adore you both !!! love, ariana''
BTS' Jimin tells Billboard magazine that the members of the band don't argue. “We’ve been living together for a while now, almost eight, nine years. So in the beginning we had a lot of arguments and conflicts. But we’ve reached the point where we can communicate wordlessly, basically just by watching each other and reading the expressions.”
Gabby Barrett tells TV Insider that her virtual concerts remind her of the live streams that she used to do with her sister. "It was super exciting because I used to do Facebook Live posts with my sister all the time. Literally, for like a year we would do it every Sunday. I hadn’t done it in a while, so I felt during this time of quietness for everybody, I’d come on and bring some joy to those watching ... it’s just a big wonderful thing I’m proud to be a part of and bring joy to people. You never know when we’re going to pop in again and say hi.."
Gwen Stefani tells KIIS-FM that she has one wedding wish. "I would say I just want my parents there at this point. My parents wouldn't come to Thanksgiving because they were so scared, so really would rather it not be a COVID situation. I would rather not have masks and that kind of thing. Even when you cut it down to just family, it's still too many people for COVID, so we're sort of like gonna see what happens in the next few months. It's so funny to even say engaged. It feels so weird. People have been saying it so long, for like five years—'Are you getting married? Are you engaged?' and it's like now we actually are. It feels like I'm in a cartoon or something."
WHDH says the Brookline, Massachusetts police recently arrested a man for breaking into Tom Brady's Brookline mansion. The home is currently for sale. No word on if the man took anything. TMZ says the suspect, Zannini Cineus, was previously arrested for stealing a Tom Brady jersey from the New England Patriots Hall of Fame exhibit. Officers found Zannini laying on a couch in Tom's home
The NY Post says Amy Schumer is preserving an X-rated carrot she found. The carrot looks like it has two legs and a man's privates. A picture of the carrot is now trending online
The Globe says Jennifer Lopez is allegedly disappointed that Alex Rodriguez has been gaining weight during the pandemic. A source tells the magazine, “J. Lo told Alex many months ago he was starting to sag and get lumpy, but he kept dipping into the breadbasket. Now he’s out of control, feasting on pies, chips and sweet treats and he rarely works out even though they have a fully equipped gym in every home they own. In the beginning, they loved to work out together and Jen didn’t mind that Alex was such a foodie. He’d go to any restaurant just to go check out the menu, but now his only exercise is picking up a fork and a knife.”
ROLLING STONE’S 10 BEST SONGS OF 2020
1. Cardi B feat. Megan Thee Stallion – “WAP”
2. Bob Dylan – “Key West (Philosopher Pirate)”
3. Christine and the Queens – “People, I’ve Been Sad”
4. The Weeknd – “Blinding Lights”
5. Taylor Swift – “August”
6. Dua Lipa – “Don’t Start Now”
7. BTS – “Dynamite”
8. Fiona Apple – “Ladies”
9. Harry Styles – “Adore You”
10. The Chicks – “Gaslighter”
People magazine says Gordon Ramsay is launching his own hard seltzer called Hell's Seltzer.
Flavors include ...
Berry Inferno (a mix of peach, blueberry, and raspberry)
Knicker Twist (a blend of passionfruit, pineapple, and orange)
Mean Green (a fusion of kiwi, lime, mint, and pineapple)
That's Forked (a combination of key lime, vanilla, and graham).
TOP ITEMS ON PEOPLE'S HOLIDAY WISH LIST … According to a new survey of 2,000 people by the Lincoln Financial Group
1. Good health (65%)
2. Health and safety of family/loved ones (59%)
3. An end to the pandemic (55%)
4. A better year in 2021 (44%)
5. Less stress (40%)
6. Sense of clarity/peace of mind (38%)
7. Protecting family/loved ones financially (30%)
8. Job security (25%)