Fonseca Trending 12/03/21
- Inside Edition says the Omicron variant has had several mutations and started in Europe before making its way to South Africa.
- The USA Today newspaper says a Minnesota man recently tested positive for the coronavirus. He has the Omicron variant and was recently in New York City for an Anime convention. The Verge says 53,000 people attended the Anime convention and are now being urged to get tested.
- The Wrap says Dr. Oz's ratings recently hit a new season low as he runs for a Senate seat in Pennsylvania. His ratings dropped 17% from last week. An average of 788,000 people watch Dr Oz each day. His show ranks 10th among talk shows
- Talent Recap says ''American Idol'' is going to premiere on February 27th on ABC
- Simplemost says Dairy Queen is celebrating the holidays by bringing back their Candy Cane Blizzard. The dessert features vanilla soft serve ice cream swirled with bits of chocolate and candy canes
Thief Eats Food, Waters Lawn And Steals Holiday Gifts: The Pasadena Star-News says a thief recently broke into a home in Monrovia, California while the family was away for Thanksgiving weekend. The thief ate food, watered the lawn, and then stole all of the family's holiday gifts. He took an electric scooter, an iPad, clothing, a ring and a GoPro camera. Neighbors saw the thief cleaning up around the outside of the house. Cops are now looking for him
A new survey by You Gov reveals that 47% of people say "Die Hard" IS NOT a Christmas movie. 44% of people say it is. The rest are undecided. Other findings:
- 50% of men say "Die Hard" is a Christmas movie. Only 37% of women agree
- 72% of people who believe the film is a Christmas movie say it is because it takes place during a Christmas party.
- 37% of people say the movie is an action film
Survey: "Is ''Die Hard'' a Christmas movie? Why or why not? What's your favorite scene from the film?"
US Weekly Magazine says Prince William and Britney Spears tried to hook up when they were younger. Author Christopher Anderson tells the magazine, “William and Britney tried to get together back when they were young. There may have been phone conversations, but I don’t recall that they ever actually managed to get together during that period. He also had a similar kind of cyber relationship with Lauren Bush, the model and the niece of President [George W.] Bush.''
The NY Post says Mattel has created a new Barbie doll inspired by "Top Gun: Maverick". Barbie is shown in a green Navy jumpsuit with a pilot helmet and dog tags. The Top Gun Barbie is selling online for $40
Danny DeVito tells Entertainment Weekly that he has written a new Batman comic book where his character The Penguin falls in love with Catwoman. “At first I was a little bit hesitant about doing the comic, but then I got into the fact that I’ve always been a big fan of Michelle Pfeiffer’s, and the Penguin obviously lusts after Catwoman. So I figured I’d put those two together, and then it was also in the middle of the pandemic, which we’re still fighting with. I thought it would be good if Penguin had a little bit of Robin Hood in him.”
OK! magazine claims Jake Gyllenhaal believes Taylor Swift's 10-minute song about their relationship, ''All Too Well'', is a cheap shot. A source tells the magazine, “Jake can’t believe that she’s dredging up the past. They ended on very poor terms, and it’s like Taylor’s getting a real buzz out of making him squirm. Everyone knows that any guy who messes with Taylor comes in for the same treatment, but Jake feels this was a real cheap shot. It’s been years. He thinks Taylor needs to live in the present.”
OK! magazine claims Kelly Clarkson is trying to date. A source tells the magazine, “She has been putting herself out there, but there’s been no spark at all. It’s a whole different game now that Kelly’s a huge star and has a family. She’s getting more frustrated by the day. All she wants is somebody to have a good time with and a little romance in her life.”
Yahoo News says ''Shark Tank'' star, and Dallas Mavericks owner, Mark Cuban has purchased an entire Texas town. He bought Mustang, Texas for an undisclosed amount. The city has a population of 23 and has been for sale for $2 million since 2017. Mark says, “I don’t know what, if anything, I will do with it.”
Newsweek magazine says Jusse Smollett's disorderly conduct trial continued yesterday in Chicago. Olabingo and Abimbola Osundairo claim Jusse paid them to fake a hate crime attack on him in 2019. Jussie's lawyer says the brothers tried to get Jussie to pay them $1 million each not to testify.
The NY Post says Aziz Ansari has gotten engaged to a Danish forensic scientist named Serena Campbell. He announced the engagement while doing a stand-up comedy routine at a New York City comedy club. The couple has been dating since 2018
Man Sees E.T.'s Face On Piece Of Wood: The Yorkshire Evening Post says Londoner Konraf Szczurowski was recently working on a construction site when he came across a piece of wood that had E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial's likeness on it. He says he saw E.T.'s face. "It was a funny moment when I saw the face for the first time because there was a weird resemblance that I couldn't put my finger on. Then it suddenly came to me - it was E.T!"I showed the boys we were working with and we all had a good laugh about it. It really made my day.''
Survey: "Have you ever seen a likeness of a person, a religious figure or someone else in tile, clouds, food, a tree or something else? If so, what did you see and what happened? What did others say? What kind of face was the person making?"
Gift Survey A new survey by One Poll reveals that 25% of people say they belong on Santa's naughty list this year. Other findings:
- 80% of naughty people believe they should still receive holiday gifts this year.
- 75% of people will buy themselves a holiday present this year
- 76% of people say they are the best gift giver
Holiday Office Party Survey
A new survey by HR News reveals that 35% of people have regretted their actions at a holiday office party. Other findings:
- 45% of people say they've kissed a co-worker at a holiday office party
- 28% of people have made love to a co-worker following a holiday office party
- 30% of people have let an office secret slip at a holiday office party
- 34% of people have been hungover the day after a holiday office party
- 26% of people have gotten so drunk at their holiday office party that they did not remember their actions the next day
Everyone in my family hates me. My wife and I share a joint bank account and joint credit cards. Yesterday, I questioned her about a $369 Amazon charge I did not recognize. She bought our puppy a new dog house for Christmas. I thought she was kidding at first. This led to a huge family fight at dinner last night. I don't think it matters what kind of gift we get our puppy. My family disagrees and is treating the dog like a human. I told them it won't matter if it receives an expensive gift or a cheap one. It doesn't know. They said that's not the point. They say he is a family member and should be treated as such. Whose side are you on?"