- Southern Living magazine says Lowe's is donating $1 million worth of Christmas trees to families in need. The pre-lit trees will be distributed over the next two weeks.
- WJET says Slim Jim Beef Jerky recipe creator Lon Adams II has died from the coronavirus at age 95. Adams worked on his recipe for more than 20 years. The original recipe contained ground beef, chicken meat, other chicken parts, spices and chemicals
- The Daily Mail says Pepsi is celebrating the holidays with a spa kit that includes a cola-scented body scrub, a face mask and a bath bomb. People can register to win the spa kit on Pepsi's Twitter page.
- Popsugar says Ben & Jerry's is releasing a new flavor called Punch Line. It contains brown-butter bourbon and almond ice cream, roasted almonds and cherries.
- Totally The Bomb says Dunkin Donuts is celebrating the holidays with a Sugar Plum Macchiato. It's made with espresso, milk, frosted berry flavoring and a sugar plum swirl.
- Totally The Bomb says Starbucks has added a Cookie Crisp Frappuccino to their secret menu. The drink is made with a Java Chip Frappuccino base, a pump of mocha syurp, a pump of toffee nut syrup, two pumps of hazelnut syrup, cookie crumbles and whipped cream.
- ESPN says LeBron James has signed a two-year, $85 million extension with the Los Angeles Lakers. TMZ says 48 NBA players have tested positive for the coronavirus. Players and teams are heading for training camp ahead of the 2020-21 season
- Variety magazine says Fox has renewed ''The Masked Singer'' for a fifth season.Deadline Hollywood says "The Masked Dancer" will debut on Fox on December 27th. Ken Jeong hopes to do another spin-off called "The Masked Comedian"
- We Got This Covered says Jim Carrey is interested in doing a third Dumb and Dumber movie. ''Dumb and Dumber To'' earned $170 million on a $50 million budget
UK Approves Coronavirus Vaccine: BuzzFeed News says the UK has approved Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine. Healthcare workers will get vaxxed starting next week. MSN says Interpol is warning people about scam artists, who may try and sell a fake coronavirus vaccine now that one has been approved for use in the UK.
The NY Daily News says Lady Gaga and Oreo are teaming up for a new line of cookies. The cookies are pink and stamped with a logo for Lady Gaga's Chromatica album. The cream is green. The cookies will be out in mid-January
Ava Max tells Flaunt magazine that she frequently moved around as a kid. "I’m from all over. I was born in Wisconsin, don’t remember much in Milwaukee. I grew up in Virginia until I was 14 and lived in South Carolina. I came to Los Angeles for a year when I was 14 too, so I feel like a mutt from all over. I was home-schooled a bunch; it was tough. It was hard to make friends moving around a lot. It was hard on me."
Gabby Barrett tells Entertainment Focus magazine that she doesn't know when she will begin work on a second album. "For right now, I have no idea of the timeline. Normally, albums come in a year or two after one releases. But one thing I can tell you is we had written so many songs that it was hard to narrow down this album to 13 tracks. So, I have tracks that didn’t even make it on the album that I’m really excited to show in the future. So, it’s exciting to know that there’s even more music already done that I can’t wait to share with people. So we’ll just have to wait and see."
TMZ says Post Malone has been spotted wearing a new Dallas Cowboys pendant. The 14 karat gold chain weighs 207 grams and has 29 carats of diamonds. It is valued at over $50,000
Auto Evolution says Post Malone is selling his McLaren sports car. He bought it last year. The car only has 147 miles. No word on how much he wants
US Weekly Magazine claims Blake Shelton has allegedly built a chapel for Gwen Stefani on the grounds of his Oklahoma estate. A source tells the magazine, “He did it himself with help. They are going to get married in the chapel, most likely early next year.''
People magazine has named George Clooney, Dr. Anthony Fauci, Selena Gomez and Regina King as their “2020 People of the Year.” Clooney is being honored for his advocacy work while Fauci is being honored for his work on the coronavirus. Gomez is being honored her mental health initiatives while King has helped marginalized communities
Dr. Anthony Fauci tells People magazine that he does not consider himself a celebrity even though he has his own bobblehead doll and Brad Pitt played him on ''Saturday Night Live''. “It’s surrealistic and, in some respects, nice and amusing. But you can’t take that stuff seriously and start to think you’re a celebrity. When you start to think that, then you get into trouble. I’m a physician. I’m a scientist. And I’m a public health official. I’m definitely not as good-looking as he is. But I think he did a great job.”
The Daily Mail says Dave Chappelle allegedly got into an altercation with a man, named Chad Laboy, at the Four Seasons Hotel, in Austin, Texas.
LaBoy tells the newspaper, ''My friend didn't have her mask on when she walked over to his table and rightly so, they chastised her for it. She apologized and offered to put her mask on, but continued to get berated. No one at their table was wearing a mask, but the group was extremely rude, saying things like, ''we don't know you'', ''get away'', and began calling her names. Suddenly, all the attention was on me and I tried to explain that I was just holding my phone, but they wouldn't listen. A man wearing all black shouted over at me to stop recording. A Four Seasons Security Guard approached and I ended the video thinking that we would be treated fairly and he would calm this angry mob. He sided with Dave Chappelle and his group. He told us that we all had to leave the premises. Then we heard sirens blazing with approximately five police cars pulling up to the Four Seasons hotel and within minutes we were surrounded by Austin PD. We told the police our side of the story and after several minutes we were told by Austin PD that the Four Seasons management was giving us all a trespass warning for a full year and we could not return to the hotel during that time or we would be arrested.''
Kaley Cuoco tells Interview magazine that she and Margot Robbie are not feuding. “When Harley became kind of a big deal and then when Birds of Prey came out, there were all these stories that me and Margot Robbie were feuding. But I’ve never even met her. I love her. There was an article that came out that said we would not show up together at Comic-Con. We refused to be on the same stage together. Neither of us was even at Comic-Con, OK?”
Jennifer Lopez tells the NY Post that she has never gotten Botox. “I haven’t ever had Botox to this day. I’m not that person. I don’t have anything against people doing that; it’s just not my thing. I’m more about a natural approach to skincare … but I want [my products] to work. I want the hyaluronic acid in there. I want the things that are going to help, because I don’t want to have to go to the needles at some point. I’m not saying one day I won’t, but I haven’t yet.”
The NY Post says former heavyweight champ Buster Douglas wants to fight Mike Tyson again. He says, “Sure, I would welcome the opportunity. Being a prizefighter all those years and still feeling pretty good today, you always feel you got one more fight in you.’’
People magazine says Megan Fox hopes to quickly divorce Brian Austin Green so she can start planning for the future with Machine Gun Kelly. A source tells the magazine, "Megan has planned to file for divorce for a while. She and Brian already agreed to a custody plan so Megan hopes the divorce will happen quickly and be uncomplicated. They are making plans for the future and want to live together. Megan has been taking things slowly though to make sure her sons are doing okay.''
Matthew Perry's alleged ex-lover, Katyi Edwards, tells The Sun newspaper that he is going to want children with his fiance, Molly Hurwitz. “I always knew that he wanted to have a family. I would be like, ‘Well, you need to find a partner before you can be a dad.’ I’m happy he found somebody that stuck. Molly will be his anchor, but his child will be his serious anchor. He will actually think twice before he wants to drink again. He’s 51, he’s mid life, he needs to experience marriage and children. He loves children. He always had a car seat in the back of his car for his best friend’s daughter, and now he has a niece that he adores.''
TOP 5 THINGS PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS HOLIDAY SEASON … According to a new survey of 2,000 people by Groupon
1 Being home (not traveling)
3 Exchanging gifts
4 Watching holiday movies
5 Cooking for family