Fonseca Trending 12/02/20
- Travel Pulse says 85 million Americans are going to travel for the Christmas holiday.
- ABC says participating Starbucks stores are giving free coffee to frontline workers and military members in December. They released a statement saying, "It has been an extraordinarily difficult year, especially for the front-line responders who are serving our communities. We want to show our deep gratitude for those who support and protect us every day with a small gesture of kindness and a cup of coffee."
- NBC says Rocky, the owl that stowed away in this year's Rockefeller Center Christmas tree, is being honored by Frontier Airlines. They are painting the tails of some of their planes with Rocky's likeness. Frontier says, “Each of our animal tails has a back story and Rocky’s is extra-special. He will be remembered for years to come and his story enjoyed by thousands of travelers who fly on ‘Rocky the Owl.’”
- The Action Network says the phone book page that Christopher Lloyd ripped out in ''Back to the Future'' has been auctioned off for $4,613. The network says one of Eddie Murphy's Detroit Lions jackets from ''Beverly Hills Cop'' was sold for $9,225.
- Food Business News says Sesame Street cereal will go on sale in January. The berry-flavored cereal has crunchy numbers and letters in it.
Holiday Shoplifter Pepper Sprays Walmart Employees: WBFF says a holiday shoplifter recently pepper sprayed two Columbia, Maryland Walmart employees. The thief was in the process of stealing a television when two employees confronted him. He pepper sprayed the employees and fled with the TV. Police say the man was wearing a coronavirus mask at the time of the incident
Justin Bieber tells Ellen DeGeneres that he and his wife, Hailey, are planning to have children. “I’m going to have as many [kids] as Hailey is wishing to push out. I’d love to have myself a little tribe, but it’s her body, so whatever she wants to do.”
Ace Showbiz says BTS is auctioning off the costumes they wore for their "Dynamite" music video. Proceeds are going to help musicians in need. The costumes are expected to sell for as much as $40,000
MassLive says Shawn Mendes is going to do an online benefit concert on Sunday, December 6th. The show is free to fans who donate to the Shawn Mendes Foundation. Proceeds are going to covid relief.
The NY Post says Vin Diesel is being hailed as a hero for stopping on the 405 in Los Angeles to help a woman change her tire. Joan Wall tells the paper, “On the 405 near Los Angeles airport, my car broke down. A flat. I pull over to the shoulder, put on the emergency blinkers, hang a white hanky out of the driver’s side, and I call AAA. A car stops behind me. Out steps someone who knows from automobiles. You can’t believe this. It’s ‘Fast and Furious’ classic American car collector Vin Diesel! I open the trunk. He pulls out the jack and spare. Changes the flat tire. I thank him, give him a hug and some Handi Wipes. He jumps back in his car and off he went.”
ABC says Donald Trump is considering pardoning Tiger King star Joe Exotic. He is serving a long prison sentence for allegedly hiring a hitman to kill Carole Baskin.
A Trump source tells the network, "We've heard from the Tiger King. You wouldn't believe the amount of calls, some insane, we've gotten."
Joe's attorney, Eric Love, says, "We are waiting on the pen to hit the paper, we think we are very, very close,"
Evander Holyfield tells Sky Sports that he wants to fight Mike Tyson again. ''My side tried to make the fight happen and we got nothing but excuses. Now I can see why he wanted a tune-up fight before thinking about fighting me. Roy Jones was a good local opponent for Mike, but a fight with me would be a global event and the only fight that anyone wants to see is a fight between us. This is the fight that must happen for both our legacies. Saturday night you said you were ready to fight me, so sign the contract and get in the ring, Tyson. The world is waiting and it's on you now. I'm ready."
Tyrese tells Cinema Blend that he and The Rock are no longer feuding. ''Me and The Rock peaced up by the way. We talked for like four hours about three weeks ago. What's interesting about The Fast and The Furious is it's not about any of us individually. We're like the UN at this point. Everyone gets to go to the theater and say, 'He and she looks like me.' If I did it with [Ludacris' Tej], then who are we going to play off of? I could not just make it about me. I just could not.''
WSVN says Gloria Estefan has tested positive for the coronavirus. She got a test because she could not taste her food or smell her favorite soaps. Gloria had a mild cough
What’s Your Favorite Holiday Tradition? … According to a new survey of 402 people by Redbox
1 Watch holiday movies
2 Put up holiday decorations
3 Cook holiday meals
4 Listen to holiday music
5 Buy presents