- The Sun says some coronavirus patients are losing their teeth. Doctors say this is the newest symptom along with fatigue, hair loss and brain fog.
- Business Insider says some Amazon.com workers went on strike on Black Friday because they want better pay, better bonuses and an end to union-busting. The company is giving workers $300 holiday bonuses.
- The Miami Herald says Merriam-Webster's top word of 2020 is 'pandemic'.
- Newser says Joe Biden twisted his ankle on Saturday while playing with his dog, Major. He went to the doctor yesterday to have his ankle looked at. NBC says Joe suffered a hairline fracture and will most likely wear a walking boot for several weeks. Donald Trump tweeted: ''Get Well Soon''
- Reuters says David Prowse, who played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars films, has died at the age of 85. James Earl Jones was the voice of Darth Vader while Prowse played him physically.
- TMZ says a coroner has ruled that Sean Connery died from heart failure and pneumonia.
- We Got This Covered says Jim Carrey may star in another live-action Grinch movie. A source tells the website, “New Grinch live action movie in the works at Universal and they want Jim Carrey back.”
- CBS says all three Denver Broncos quarterbacks were ineligible for yesterday's game because they had contact with another quarterback, who tested positive for the coronavirus. Drew Lock, Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles all tested negative after coming in contact with Jeff Driskel. They were ruled ineligible because they were not wearing masks. The Broncos lost to the Saints 31-3. Wide receiver-turned-quarterback Kendall Hinton completed one of nine passes for the Broncos.
- ESPN says the NFL has fined the New Orleans Saints $500,000 and taken away a seventh round draft pick for not wearing coronavirus masks during a postgame celebration. The team beat Tom Brady and Tampa Bay 38-3. They then partied in the locker room without masks on.
- BroBible says Vanderbilt soccer goalie Sarah Fuller made history on Saturday when she became the first woman to play college football for a Power 5 school. She kicked in the second half of Vandy's game against Missouri.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend's box office results.
1 The Croods: A New Age ... 9.7 million (Cinema Scoop... The movie cost $65 million to produce)
2 Freaky... 770,000
3 The War With Grandpa... $643,937
4 Let Him Go ... $453,000
5 Come Play ... $387,000
Black Friday Sales Recap ...
Adobe says consumers spent between $8.9 billion and $9.6 billion on Black Friday. That's up 20% to 29% from last year
Marketwatch says Black Friday apparel sales were down 50% from last year. Home Goods sales were down 39% from last year.
U.S. store visits on Black Friday were down by 52% compared to last year.
Cyber Monday sales are expected to be between $10.8 billion and $12.7 billion.
Sony PS5 Lover Camps Out In Front Of GameStop For Two Days: KTAL says French Ellis, of Shreveport, Louisiana, camped out in front of a GameStop for two days in order to be the first to buy the new PlayStation 5. He has been waiting to purchase the gaming console for the past seven years. Ellis tried to buy the new PS5 online, but was unsuccessful. He bought the gaming system so he and his children can bond
Ava Max tells RAIN magazine the she learned a lot from her parents while growing up. “My parents were Albanian immigrants and they came to The United States with no money. They didn’t know the language. It was very hard for them, but I learned a lot from them. Seeing my parents work from nothing helped me know that my dreams were possible. From eight years old, I knew what I wanted to do. It was kind of a blessing and a curse knowing so young."
BTS' Suga tells Esquire magazine about why he started making music. “The reason I started making music is because I grew up listening for lyrics that speak about dreams, hopes, and social issues. It just came naturally to me when making music.”
The Weeknd tells Variety magazine that he's starting a new chapter of his career.“I think people say your 30s are your best years because you’re becoming the person you’re supposed to be. And this is the beginning of not just a new chapter but my second decade as a performer. I feel like my career is just starting”
Post Malone tells TheFader that hip-hop music always cheers him up.“"Whenever I'm trying to have a good time and stay in a positive mood, I listen to hip-hop. Because it's fun. I think hip-hop is important because it brings people together in a beautiful, happy way."
NBC says the cast of Saved by the Bell has apologized to Selena Gomez for referencing her kidney transplant during the sixth episode of their new reboot.
Student #1: “I know for a fact that Selena Gomez’s kidney donor was Justin Bieber’s mom. God, I wish that I had my phone so I could prove it.”
Student #2: “Prove what? That you’re an idiot? It was Demi Lovato’s kidney. They’re best friends…like you and I were.”
The producers issued a statement saying, “We apologize. It was never our intention to make light of Selena’s health,” the statement read. “We have been in touch with her team and will be making a donation to her charity, The Selena Gomez Fund for Lupus Research at USC.”
Mike Tyson tells USA Today that he was able to box on Saturday night against Roy Jones Jr. because he took toad Venom. “I took the medicine and the medicine told me to get into shape. It really blew my mind. It told me to come back and start getting in shape.”
Ricky Gervais tells the Daily Mirror newspaper that his girlfriend, Jane, almost watched him choke to death on a smoothie. 'I was just going down to the hotel to film After Life and I had a smoothie. I must have coughed or breathed, and then I couldn’t breathe. I started choking and I couldn’t breathe and my throat closed up and I went on the floor. Jane was worried – and then eventually I got a little bit of air in. It was horrible. I thought I was going to die. That’s the closest I’ve come to dying… and it was drinking – drinking a smoothie.''
Lindsay Lohan tells the OG Mama D podcast that she does not know if a sequel to ‘’Mean Girls’’ is going to be made. ‘’Oh, I mean, I know that they're gonna do something, but I just don't know exactly what yet and it would be an honor to be a part of it, obviously. It was really fun to do you know the catching up all together the reunion because it felt like - and they didn't air part of this - but it felt like it was, we had all just seen each other the day before. It still feels like we know each other so well 'cause we spent so much time with each other and we discussed how it's been working with each other that it's been, you know, so continuous over the years that it feels like we're all still good friends, which was really nice, to catch up with everyone. So that was really fun.’
People magazine says The Rock is releasing his own ice cream line. Dwanta’s Teremana Spiked Eggnog ice cream has The Rock's tequila, frozen custard, amontillado sherry, nutmeg and a hint of salt. The Rock calls himself Dwanta Claus during the holidays