Fonseca Trending 11/18/20
- WPRI says Pfizer is going to test their coronavirus vaccine immunization program in Rhode Island, Texas, New Mexico and Tennessee. The states were chosen because of their differences in size, population and immunization infrastructure. Pfizer's vaccine must be kept at -94 degrees
- The NY Post says Mardi Gras parades won't be allowed in New Orleans this year because of the coronavirus.
- The NY Post says an asteroid the size of a Ford F-150 pickup truck flew within 300 miles of Earth last week. The asteroid set a record as the closest rock to fly by Earth without hitting it.
- Chain Store Age magazine says Best Buy is now using Instacart to offer same-day delivery.
- NBC says Pepsi is celebrating the holidays with a new Apple Pie flavor. It is not available in stores and can only be won through Pepsi's social media contest. The first 1,500 people to enter the contest on Pepsi's Twitter and Tik Tok pages are eligible to win a liter of the new drink
- Mashed magazine says Jimmy Dean is selling Sausage Mint Peppermint Bark for the holidays. The description reads: "Delicious sausage candy sits atop this white chocolate peppermint bark with a dark chocolate base."
- MovieWeb says Spike Lee is going to direct a musical about Viagra. It's based on the men, who launched the drug.
- The Daily Mail says Ford is introducing seats that recline into beds. They are available in F-150 Max trucks and provide lower back support
Free Zoom Calls With Santa: Radio.com says Sam's Club is offering free Zoom calls with Santa Claus. Members login to My Santa Session for their virtual visit. They get a free picture and video to share with friends. The sessions are booked on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Jason Derulo tells Insider magazine that he enjoys helping young TikTok stars."A lot of the TikTokers that I tend to be close to are aiming to be music stars, I think. They have these amazing platforms and they want to utilize them to become something even bigger. So yeah, all the time. Wherever I can try to reach in and help somebody out, I do that."
Mandatory magazine says a change.org petition has been started to get Danny DeVito to replace Amber Heard in the next Aquaman movie. The petition reads: ''Amber Heard is a monster that destroyed Johnny Depp career and public perception so its only fitting that we replace her with a real king, Danny Devito.''
We Got This Covered says Johnny Depp wants to make a cameo in the new Nightmare on Elm Street movie. A source tells the website, “Depp wants to come back to new Elm Street in a cameo and the studio, WB, may allow him that because it’s a cameo.” Depp made his movie debut in the original Nightmare on Elm Street film in 1984
TMZ says Lori Loughlin's husband, Mossimo, has grown a beard and shaved his head. The website says he is trying to project a tough-guy image before he heads to federal prison tomorrow. He will spend five months in jail for bribing college admissions officials with $500,000 to get his daughters into the University of Southern California
Collider magazine says Conan O'Brien is ending his TBS late-night talk show in 2021. He is starting a new weekly variety show on HBO Max and says, '' I’m thrilled that I get to continue doing whatever the hell it is I do on HBO Max, and I look forward to a free subscription."
Megan Fox tells Nylon magazine that she is falling in love with Machine Gun Kelly. “It is like being in love with a tsunami or a forest fire. The intensity of merging with him is just overwhelming, and the threat it poses is so powerful but so beautiful that you have no choice to surrender with reverence and with gratitude”
George Clooney tells GQ Magazine that stories about him giving 14 of his best friends $1 million in cash in a suitcase are true. ''I thought, what I do have are these guys who’ve all, over a period of 35 years, helped me in one way or another. I’ve slept on their couches when I was broke. They loaned me money when I was broke. They helped me when I needed help over the years. And I’ve helped them over the years… And I thought, you know, without them I don’t have any of this.”
Screen Rant says the Kazakh American Association has launched a campaign to get ''Borat Subsequent Moviefilm'' banned from the Oscars, Golden Globes and other major awards shows. They say the film discriminates and should be disqualified.
They posted a statement that reads, "The Kazakh community worldwide is underrepresented and inherently vulnerable. Sacha Baron Cohen understands this fact and exploits the Kazakh people by hijacking our ethnic identity, whitewashing us, and inciting harassment toward us. We join Kazakh-Americans in calling for film associations to ban the Borat sequel from awards consideration.''
Vulture magazine says Kevin Hart's new Netflix special "Zero ***** Given" premiered last night. He filmed the comedy special in his living room. Kevin built a stage and performed in front of a small audience of masked and socially distanced fans.
WHAT AMERICANS WOULD RATHER EAT THIS THANKSGIVING THAN TURKEY … According to a new survey of 2,000 people by Omaha Steaks.
Prime Rib 32%
Fish or seafood 25%
Vegetarian option 13%