Fonseca Trending 11/17/20
TMZ says Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen honored Alex Trebek last night by wearing cleats that featured a likeness of his face along with the phrase: "We will miss you Alex - $19,000".
- ABC says Zoom is lifting their 40 minute limit on free calls on Thanksgiving.They posted, ''As a thank you to our customers, we will be lifting the 40-minute limit for all meetings globally from midnight ET on Nov. 26 through 6 a.m. ET on Nov. 27 so your family gatherings don't get cut short''
- Fox News says PETA is celebrating the holiday season by selling a tofu-scented candle. The tofu has no scent. PETA is also selling a Wet Dog candle that's made with soy wax
- NBC says gluten-free Oreos will be available starting in 2021. The new cookies will come in original and Double Stuff.
- Totally the Bomb says Starbucks is celebrating the holidays by adding a Gingerbread House Frappuccino to their secret menu. It's made with a white mocha Frappuccino base, chai syrup, hazelnut syrup, whipped cream and a chestnut praline topping
- We Got This Covered says Vin Diesel is going to reprise his role as Groot in ''Thor: Love And Thunder.''
- We Got This Covered says the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie will reportedly introduce Jack Sparrow's long-lost son to audience members.
- CBS says comedian and actor Sinbad is recovering from a recent stroke. His family is asking for prayers
- The Wrap says Alec Baldwin and Kelsey Grammer are going to star in a new ABC sitcom about three men, who were roommates in their 20s until their egos drove them apart. They reunite decades later for another run at friendship
Moderna's Coronavirus Vaccine Is 94.5% Effective: Moderna says their coronavirus vaccine is 94.5% effective. The pharmaceutical company tested their vaccine on 30,000 people. Only 95 of them contracted the virus. Ninety of those people received a placebo while the other five got the virus after taking the vaccine Moderna's vaccine is stable for up to a month between 36 and 46 degrees. Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine must be stored at -94 degrees below zero.
NBC says 50% of Americans wouldn't get a coronavirus vaccine if it were ready today.
NME magazine says Justin Bieber's manager, Scooter Braun, has sold Taylor Swift's master recordings for more than $300 million. They were sold to a private equity company called Shamrock Holdings. Taylor is planning to reclaim her music by re-recording all of her original songs.
Gabby Barrett tells People magazine that being in love has changed how she writes music . "I think being married and in love and all of that changed how I write songs and what I want to sing about and the type of songs that I like."
Rolling Stone magazine says Nelly and Bell Biv DeVoe are going to perform their classic hits at the American Music Awards on Sunday, November 22nd.
The Rock and the producers of his new Netflix movie ''Red Notice'' recently had to change a scene because he was too big for a white Porsche he was supposed to drive. The cast and crew laughed as he struggled to get inside the small sports car. The Rock described the uncomfortable scene as “like a big brown marshmallow getting shoved into a coin slot.”
We Got This Covered says Johnny Depp wants to play The Joker in an upcoming Warner Brothers movie or TV series. A source tells the website, “Depp really wants Joker role. While talks with WB have stopped, [they] may resume if he wins trial and he thinks it could get him an Oscar. Of course, history has shown that he might be right in that assumption, but the obvious stumbling block is the studio, who have only just fired him from Fantastic Beasts 3 and more than likely won’t entertain the idea of hiring Depp for a while yet. At least, not until the next trial takes place and they see the outcome.''
Entertainment Tonight says Jason Momoa was recently shopping at a Toronto record store when he found two vinyl records he coveted. He started dancing to Syl Johnson's ''Different Strokes.'' Video of his dance moves were posted online
Deadline Hollywood says Ryan Reynolds and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia creator Rob McElhenney have purchased a UK soccer team called Wrexham AFC. The duo is investing $2.5 million in the team.
We Got This Covered says James Cameron may make a new Terminator movie that is set in the future. A source tells the website, “Despite the last one bombing, James Cameron still wants a new Terminator film and this one to be set during the war in the future like #4.”
OK! magazine says Donnie Wahlberg and Jenny McCarthy wouldn't mind having a child together. A source tells the magazine, ''McCarthy’s been feeling her maternal instincts kicking up a notch” and Wahlberg’s warmed up to the idea of expanding their blended brood now that the kids are older. She’s keen to make this happen sooner rather than later, so they may hurry and go the IVF route. They’d love to have a baby girl, and Donnie says he hopes she’s got Jenny’s baby blue eyes.”
Video Games And Mental Health Study
A new study by the University of Oxford reveals that playing video games can benefit a person's mental health. Researchers studied gamers playing "Animal Crossing" and "Plants vs. Zombies" to determine the relationship between games and a player's wellbeing. They discovered that the mental health of gamers improved when they experienced genuine enjoyment from the games.
Professor Andrew Przybylski says, "Our findings show video games aren't necessarily bad for your health; there are other psychological factors which have a significant effect on a person's wellbeing. In fact, play can be an activity that relates positively to people's mental health - and regulating video games could withhold those benefits from players."