- CNN says Christmas trees are going to cost 25% more this year due to supply chain issues and shipping delays. The National Tree Company says businesses are paying 10 times more than usual to ship their Christmas trees from China to America.
- Fox News says the US Post Office anticipates delivering 850 million packages this holiday season.
- Newsweek magazine says General Motors is removing heated seats and heated steering wheels from their cars because of the chip shortage. Most Chevrolet and GMC models will be affected
- Entertainment Tonight says Kristen Stewart is developing a ghost hunting reality show. No word on what network it can be seen on
- GQ magazine has named rapper Lil Nas X, “Spider-Man” actor Tom Holland and NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo as their Men of the Year.
- WTVB says Burger King is buying Firehouse Subs for $1 billion
- Chew Boom magazine says Applebee's has launched a new menu item called Cheetos Wings and Cheese Bites. The chain is coating their boneless wings in crunchy Cheetos crumbles
Xmas Tree Deodorant: Cosmetics Business magazine says the Fussy deodorant brand is selling a Christmas tree deodorant made from discarded and unusually-shaped Christmas trees. The company says, “We didn’t want to release just another novelty scent this Christmas but to make an actual difference. Plus, who doesn’t want to smell like a Christmas tree?”
Customers Get 12-Inch Xmas Trees Instead Of 6 Foot Firs: The Sun says the Christmas tree retailer Amterly is under fire for selling people 12-inch Christmas trees instead of six foot ones. Consumers paid $100 for the six foot trees. They were stunned when the 12 inch trees arrived with a gold star, blue tinsel, red and blue ornaments and Santa ornaments. Customers are demanding refunds.
Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson tells Esquire magazine that he is open to replacing Daniel Craig as James Bond. “Yes, my grandfather was a Bond villain in Agent 007, you only live twice with Sean Connery. Very, very handsome. I would like to follow in his footsteps and be the next Bond. I don’t want to be a villain. I want to be Bond . “
Marvel VP of Development Nate Moore tells Collider magazine that Chadwick Boseman's T'Challa character will not be recast. "I'm being quite honest, you will not see T'Challa in the MCU. We have to figure out how to move this franchise on without that character. Because I think we all feel so much of T'Challa in the MCU on the screen...is tied to Chadwick's performance."
George Clooney tells the WTF podcast that he can't believe Alec Baldwin and the producers of his movie "Rust" hired an inexperience armorer. He is quoted as saying, “Why for the life of me, this low budget film with producers that haven’t produced anything wouldn’t have hired, for the armorer, someone with experience. That is insane. It’s insane. It’s infuriating.”
Alec accidentally shot Halyna Hutchins on the set.
TMZ says American Idol is in Nashville for auditions. Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie went to Luke's bar where they jumped on stage and performed in front of a packed house. Luke sang while Katy and Lionel danced and clapped behind him
The NY Post says Britney Spears celebrated her freedom by drinking champagne at a posh Beverly Hills restaurant. She posted; “I actually got my first glass of champagne at the most beautiful restaurant I’ve ever seen last night. I’m celebrating my freedom and my B day for the next two months. I mean after 13 years … I think I’ve waited long ENOUGH !!!! I’m so happy my lawyer Mathew Rosengart came into my life when he did … he has truly turned my life around … I’m forever thankful for that !!!! What a sight seeing so many people celebrating my victory …. I love my fans so much … so thank you!!!!”
The NY Post says people think ''Captain America'' Chris Evans is dating Selena Gomez. Gomez was spotted at Saturday Night Live last week wearing the same exact sweater that Chris wears in the movie ''Knives Out''. The white knit sweater costs $48 and is currently sold out on the Internet. Neither Chris or Selena will confirm their romance
The Robb Report says Jeff Gordon's former Highland Beach, Florida mansion is selling for $42 million. Located near Boca Raton, the mansion has 120 feet of private beach space and comes furnished. The house has a gym, a massage spa, a garage for seven cars, a home theater, a pool, an observation deck and ocean views
OK! magazine says Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly are talking about eloping. A source tells the magazine, “They’re talking very seriously about eloping in Las Vegas then throwing a massive party in Los Angeles for all their friends and family."
The National Enquirer claims Hollywood A-listers continue to spurn Ellen because of her toxic work environment. A source tells the magazine, “Nobody wants to be associated with Ellen’s free-falling reputation. She’s adamant after a break she’ll come back bigger than ever. The traitors who turned their backs on her will be made to pay!”
Holiday Party Survey
A new survey by Ohio State University reveals that 50% of people plan to ask guests to wear a coronavirus mask at their holiday get together this year. Other findings:
- 75% of people only plan to celebrate the holidays this year with members of their own household
- 50% of holiday party hosts plan to ask their guests to disclose their vaccination status
- 46% of holiday party hosts plan to ask unvaccinated guests to test negative for the coronavirus before attending their party
WHAT PEOPLE DO AFTER THEY OVER-INDULGE IN HOLIDAY FOOD … According to a new survey by Herbalife Nutrition
Eaten so much they’ve had to undo a button on their pants or loosen a belt (48%)
Eaten more than one of the same meal in a day (45%)
Eaten until they feel sick, unwell or full to bursting (39%)
Deliberately worn stretchy clothes to accommodate overeating (39%)
Eaten more than one dessert at a meal (36%)
Eaten more than three meals in a day (35%)
Eaten an extra-large midnight snack (20%)
WHAT DO PET OWNERS FEEL GUILTY ABOUT? … According to a new survey by One Poll
Not spending as much time with my pets as I'd like to - 59%
Spending too much/not enough money on them - 58%
When my pets are sick or hurt - 58%
Not being able to take my pets on a walk due to inclement weather - 54%
Taking my pets off the couch/bed - 53%
Accidentally stepping on my pets - 43%
Not giving into my pets’ begging - 24%
THE MOST REWARDING SMALL DEEDS … According to a new survey by Walgreens
Helping a colleague, friend or family member with a task (61%)
Donating to someone in need (59%)
Saying "good morning" to someone (53%)
Holding a door open for someone (53%)
Giving a compliment to someone (52%)
Paying for someone's meal (46%)
Buying someone a coffee (43%)
Helping someone carry their groceries (42%)
Worst States For Drivers … According to a new survey by Bankrate based on cost, safety, driving quality and weather
4. Rhode Island
Best States For Drivers … According to a new survey by Bankrate based on cost, safety, driving quality and weather
House Cleaning Survey
A new survey by OnePoll reveals that the average person cleans their home seven times per month. Other findings:
- Saturday is the most popular day to clean the house
- Sunday evenings and Monday mornings are the least desirable times to clean the home
- 66% of people feel a sense of "euphoria" after they finish cleaning
- 70% of people believe the most satisfying part of cleaning is having freshly vacuumed floors
- 60% of people would rather be stuck with an excessive amount of dishes or laundry than having dirty floors
- the average person does a "deep cleaning" of their home five times per month (scrubbing windows, bathtubs, and toilets)
I own a small company here in town. Yesterday, I received a letter from a woman, who is divorcing one of my employees. She said I caused the divorce because I hung mistletoe at our holiday party last year. Her then-husband got drunk at our party and kissed a co-worker. The two have been having a year-long affair. I had no idea. The man's wife says this would have never happened if I hadn't hung the mistletoe. She wants a settlement from me. She says she will get a lawyer and sue me if I don't pay her. Am I responsible? What would you do if you were me?