- KSDK says eight big cats at the St Louis Zoo have tested positive for the Coronavirus. The lions, leopards, tigers, jaguars and puma all have runny noses and have been coughing for several days. They may have caught the virus from an asymptomatic zoo worker
- A new Harris poll reveals that 69% of people say 'cancel culture' unfairly punishes people for their past actions and statements. 31% say it does not. 71% of people say 'cancel culture' has gone too far
- A new survey by Thriftbooks reveals that 50% of people think their life story would make a good book. Celebs people would most want to play them in a movie: Melissa McCarthy, Jennifer Lopez, Sandra Bullock, Al Pacino, Denzel Washington and the late Chadwick Boseman.
- Yahoo News says Crocs is celebrating the holidays with Ugly Christmas Sweater Clogs. One pair is red with reindeer and Christmas tree pins while the other is red, white and green with similar pins. The holiday Crocs cost $65
- The Daily Mail says Hyundai believes it's flying electric taxis will begin service in 2028. The taxis can go 60 miles on a charge and have a top speed of 180 mph. They take off and land vertically. The taxis resemble those from the movie ''Blade Runner''.
- Deadline Hollywood claims this week's CMA Awards slipped to a new ratings low with 6.56 million viewers. That's a 3% decline from last year. It was still the most watched program on primetime network TV on Wednesday
- Entrepreneur magazine says an Apple computer made by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak was recently auctioned off for $375,000. The Apple 1 computer is considered the 'Holy Grail of Technology' because it was only one of 200 made back in the 1970s
- KISS-FM says Cracker Barrel has added a Cinnamon Roll Pie to their breakfast menu. Cinnamon rolls are baked inside a pie crust before being covered in sweet cream icing. The pie is only available until December 19th. It has 3,340 calories.
- Entertainment Tonight says Jennifer Aniston is happy that Paul Rudd has been named People's ''Sexiest Man Alive for 2021''. She posted; "This makes me so happy. We've ALWAYS known this, but Paul Rudd is officially @people's Sexiest Man Alive!"
Thanksgiving Dinner Prices Are Soaring: Insider magazine says turkey prices have jumped by 13% since 2019. Inflation is causing all of the ingredients for Thanksgiving dinner to rise. See below for how much each dish has increased
Turkey: 13.2% Ham: 8.7% Canned fruits and vegetables: 8.3% Fresh biscuits, rolls, and muffins: 8.1% Frozen fruits and vegetables: 7.5% Frozen and refrigerated bakery products: 6.8% Sauces and gravy: 6.7% Ice cream: 5.3% Rice, pasta, and cornmeal: 3.6% Fresh apples: 3.2% Potatoes: 2.0%
Cops Play Santa And Replace Stolen Toys: WKMG says Sanford, Florida Police Officers Corey and Stewart recently delivered toys to a local church after their Christmas donations were stolen earlier in the week. The two officers went to Walmart where they stocked up on toys before delivering them. The kids, who attend the church will now have a happy holiday
Entertainment Tonight says Paris Hilton and Carter Reum got married yesterday at her grandfather's former estate in Bel Air, California. The couple has been together for two years Paris promoted the wedding by tweeting; “The day we’ve ALL been waiting for is finally here! Join me along my incredible wedding journey on #ParisinLove, streaming NOW on @PeacockTV.” Paula Abdul, Emma Roberts and pop star Bebe Rexha attended the ceremony
Paris will be hosting a carnival today in Santa Monica followed by a black-tie event tomorrow night
In his new memoir, ''Will'', Will Smith writes that his mother once caught him and his girlfriend getting frisky on her kitchen floor at 4 AM. "Wearing slippers far too quiet to defend her delicate sensibilities, she approached the threshold of the family kitchen. Still innocent, she flipped the light switch as she had done tens of thousands of times before. But this time, her eyes landed upon her eldest son and his girlfriend deep in throes of reckless lovemaking. As a teenager, outside of physical injury, you cannot feel worse than having your mother catch you and your girlfriend on her kitchen floor. I'm still not exactly sure why I did what I did that night. To this day, I have no idea what I was thinking. Of all the experiences I am sharing in this book, this is the individual moment of personal behavior that makes the least sense to me."
Radar Online claims the paparazzi recently caught Jason Momoa leaving a London bar at 3 a.m. with a mystery woman. The paparazzi speculated that Jason might be having marital problems with Lisa Bonet. Jason laughed as he addressed the rumors. The mystery woman is his cousin and assistant
The Daily Mail says Jay Leno recently set a new world record while driving a Tesla. He broke the world quarter-mile speed record of 9.4 seconds. Jay drove the quarter mile in his $129,000 Tesla in 9.2 seconds.
TVLine says Jeopardy is going to host its first-ever Professors Tournament. The 10-day tournament will start on Monday, December 6th and will be hosted by Mayim Bialik. Fifteen different professors will compete for $100,000 and a spot in the Tournament of Champions
Fran Drescher says she has been having dreams about Brad Pitt. Entertainment Tonight quotes her as saying, ''Sometimes I do. I mean, you know… I’ve met Brad Pitt a couple of times, but I’d love to really invite him over for lunch. But I don’t even know how I’d get in touch with him, but I do love him. I don’t even know why I do, but he shows up in my dreams and there’s something about him that seems really sweet. And I love his acting style and he just seems really laid back and relaxed and easy-going, but I don’t know him. I could be totally wrong.”
Fran Drescher tells the Behind the Velvet Rope podcast that she doesn't think Kim Kardashian should be cast as 'The Nanny' in the show's reboot. “Well, you know, Kim Kardashian doesn’t have a funny voice. And I think the character has to have a funny voice. I am a fan of Kim’s. I think she comes across as a lovely woman and a smart business woman. I have nothing against Kim, but I don’t see her in the role. There are people I think out there [for the role] and if we haven’t found them yet, we will.”
Woman's Day magazine claims Dolph Lundgren allegedly developed a crush on Nicole Kidman while filming ''Aquaman 2''. A source tells the magazine, “Nicole and Dolph hit it off on day one of filming the first movie. It’s what you want between your actors, but it was clear he was developing a crush on her and it made things awkward. Nicole had to avoid him once the cameras stopped.''
The National Enquirer claims Britney Spears is allegedly going on a spending spree now that her conservatorship is ending. A source tells the magazine, “Britney is already spending every dollar she can legally get her hands on as if the conservatorship has been lifted. Her friends are saying this is just the beginning of what’s likely to be a world-class spending tear. Britney’s bought expensive cars and clothes for herself and Sam. She’s even looking at buying his and her motorcycles. They’re already imagining hosting elaborate parties for all their celebrity pals.''
FONSECA THINGS HE FOUND
A new survey by Wallethub reveals that Americans will spend $604 million on Thanksgiving turkeys this year. Other findings:
- The average cost of a 16 lb frozen turkey is $18.35
- 65% of Americans are open to eating another meat besides turkey. The most popular alternatives are ham, chicken and roast beef
- 10% of Americans will skip cooking a Thanksgiving meal this year and get takeout from a restaurant instead
Holiday Bills Survey A new survey by LendingTree reveals that 25% of people dread the holidays. Other findings:
- 45% of people are losing sleep worrying about how they will afford all of their holiday gifts this year
- 13% of people are still paying off holiday bills from last year
Soulmate Survey A new survey by One Poll reveals that 73% of people believe in soulmates. Other findings:
- 15% of people wait a year before they bring someone home to meet their family.
- 60% of people ask a friend whether or not the person they are dating is compatible with them
- 73% of singles say looks are important
TOP COMPATIBLE QUALITIES
Being able to accept someone as they are (50%)
Similar taste in music/movies/TV shows (49%)
Similar personality traits (47%)
Having a sexual attraction toward each other (42%)
Similar hobbies (41%)
THE TOP 10 MOST ENJOYED CHORES … According to a new survey by LG Electronics
Laundry/folding clothes 33%
Doing dishes 31%
Scrubbing down the cooking area 27%
Cleaning out the sink 27%
Cleaning off the coffee table/dining table 24%
Cleaning the toilet 24%
Cleaning the bathtub 22%
Wiping down electronics 20%
Top 15 Pet Names of 2021 … According to a new survey by Better Homes and Gardens
The top 15 female dog names included:
The top 15 male dog names included:
We have an incredibly large family. Last year, we were unable to get together for Thanksgiving because of the coronavirus. This year we've invited all of our family members to come to our home for a catered Thanksgiving dinner. We haven't seen some of our relatives in almost two years. Some of my family members are upset with my husband and I because we sent out invitations that requested they get tested for the Coronavirus before dinner. We want everyone to test negative within 48 hours of Thanksgiving. Some family members are outraged and say we overstepped our bounds by asking for this. My husband and I are now mired in a family feud. Did we overstep our bounds? Is this an unreasonable request?