Fonseca Trending 11/12/20
- The Wall Street Journal says the U.S. reported more than 136,000 new coronavirus cases yesterday. That's a new single day record. Coronavirus hospitalizations in the U.S. are at their highest level since the pandemic began.
- The NY Post says this weekend's Maryland-Ohio State football game has been canceled because of the coronavirus.
- Billboard magazine says ''American Idol'' is returning to ABC on Sunday, February 14th
- The Daily Mail says the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree is going up on Saturday.
The 11-ton Norway spruce is 75 feet tall.
- The Daily Mail says this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is going to take place along just one block in New York City. The parade will feature pre-taped Broadway performances, the Rockettes and Santa Claus. The streets around the parade are going to be closed off because of the coronavirus. Performers will socially distance.
- Brand Eating says Hostess is celebrating the holidays by bringing back Mint Chocolate Twinkies. The chocolate Twinkies have a green mint cream filling and are available for a limited time
- The NY Post says UPS is lifting its ban on beards. The company says “These changes reflect our values and desire to have all UPS employees feel comfortable, genuine and authentic while providing service to our customers and interacting with the general public.'' UPS workers had launched online petitions to get the company to end their ban on beards. One petition had over 9,200 signatures
- The Wrap says Arnold Schwarzenegger is going to star in a new spy series for Netflix. No details are known except that the storyline revolves around a father and his daughter.
Pfizer's Coronavirus Vaccine Won't Cause Ice Cream Shortage:KXAN says Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine will not disrupt ice cream distribution in North America. Pfizer's vaccine needs to be stored at -94 degrees Fahrenheit. Ice cream is stored at 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Ice cream trucks and ice cream freezers are not a part of Pfizer's vaccine distribution plan. The pharmaceutical company plans to keep their coronavirus vaccine cold with dry ice.
Fox News says Ariana Grande is opening an animal rescue center in Los Angeles called Orange Twins Rescue.Ariana has a beagle-Chihuahua mix named Toulousse
The Weekend tells Esquire magazine what his song 'Blinding Lights' is ALL about."'Blinding Lights' is about how you want to see someone at night, and you’re intoxicated, and you’re driving to this person and you’re just blinded by streetlights. But nothing could stop you from trying to go see that person, because you’re so lonely. I don’t want to ever promote drunk driving, but that’s what the dark undertone is.”
Gabby Barrett tells Entertainment Focus magazine that she misses touring."Something that I like about touring was actually routine, if that makes any sense. When I would go on tours, it was very routine. It was just like, ‘Okay, this day you soundcheck at this time then you’re gonna perform at this time, the meet and greet’s at this time’ and then you would start your day over in a new state or a new place. I am somebody, who likes routine and likes staying busy when it comes to performing, and traveling of course as well."
Jason Derulo tells Insider magazine that he is optimistic about touring again next year."I am excited, but I'm trying to keep that excitement to a minimum because I don't know when that's going to be possible. I know my agent is trying to set up our tour and everything for 2021 — but I don't even know if that's going to even be possible in 2021. They talked about it being my biggest tour yet. And I was pretty excited about that. But I'm really concerned about the present, and just trying to live in the present, because I don't know when that's going to happen."
The NY Post says Los Angeles firefighters rushed to Denzel Washington's L.A. home last night because smoke was pouring out of it.No flames were visible. Everyone got out safely. No word on if Denzel was home at the time of the incident. Firefighters are trying to determine the cause of the blaze
E! News says
Alex Trebek's wife, Jean, has released the following statement regarding his death.It reads, "My family and I sincerely thank you all for your compassionate messages and generosity. Your expressions have truly touched our hearts. Thank you so very, very much."
Fox News says Kate Winslet has broken Tom Cruise's underwater record. She held her breath underwater for a scene for ''Avatar 2'' for seven minutes. Tom held his for six minutes for a scene in ''Mission Impossible Rogue Nation''.
Kate says, "It was brilliant and I was very proud of myself and I'll probably never be able to do it again. That came at the end of four weeks worth of quite intense training and it was in the dive tank, it was in the training tank. But I loved it. It's so funny because I don't really read reviews or media things. I'm not on Instagram, like I'm just completely disconnected from that part of my life. So all of this week and the week before, I've had people coming up to me at work saying, 'Oh my God, like seven minutes and 14 seconds? Like, what?!" And I'm going, 'What? Hang on, wait a minute. How do you know that?'"
US Weekly Magazine says Ben Affleck has lost weight and gained muscle because of his girlfriend, Ana de Armas.A source tells the mag, “He isn’t drinking in order to try and be as healthy as possible. Ana also tries to eat healthy and has gotten Ben into it more. They are doing good. They are focused on Ben’s kids, work, making time for dates and just enjoying each other.”
The Robb Report says Nicolas Cage's 1967 Ford Mustang from the movie ''Gone in 60 Seconds'' is up for sale.The gray and black Stang has gold rims. Five of the cars were made for the film. The car is expected to sell for more than 300,000