Fonseca Trending 11/10/21
- People magazine has named Paul Rudd as their ''Sexiest Man Alive''. Paul tells People, ‘’I'm getting business cards made. But all of my friends will destroy me and I expect them to. And that's why they're my friends. I'm hoping now that I'll finally be invited to some of those sexy dinners with Clooney and Pitt and [Michael] B Jordan. And I figure I'll be on a lot more yachts. I'm excited to expand my yachting life. And I'll probably try to get better at brooding in really soft light. I like to ponder. I think this is going to help me become more inward and mysterious. And I'm looking forward to that.’’ The NY Post reported last week that People magazine had named Chris Evans as their ''Sexiest Man Alive''
- NBC says Pfizer is expected to seek authorization for its coronavirus booster shot for those 18 and older. Currently, only people over 65 and those with existing health conditions can get a booster shot
- The Star Tribune says Hormel and Black Label Bacon are giving away bacon-scented wrapping paper for the holidays. It can be won in an online contest. Details on entering the contest are available by going to the Wrapped by Black Label website
- Cinnabon is celebrating the holidays by selling its signature cream cheese frosting in pints. The limited edition pints cost six dollars and are available at all Cinnabon locations.
- Brobible says Arby's is releasing a vodka that tastes like their French fries. Flavors include Curly Fries and Crinkle Fries. The vodka will be available for purchase starting on November 18th.
- Yahoo Finance says Tesla owner Elon Musk has lost $50 billion this week because shares of his company have plunged. Elon is still worth $83 billion more than Jeff Bezos. His net worth is up 70% this year
- Screen Rant says Captain Kirk's phaser rifle was recently auctioned off for $615,000. It was used in one episode and is made out of wood
- The Action Network says Freddy Krueger's glove from ''A Nightmare on Elm Street 3'' has been auctioned off for $135,594
- TMZ says Will Ferrell's Elf costume was recently auctioned off for $296,000. That's 10 times more than the expected selling price.
Xmas Decorations Good For Your Health: KRON says a study published in the Journal of Environmental Psychology reveals that people, who put up Christmas decorations early, tend to be happier and friendlier. Researchers wrote, “The results support the idea that residents can use their home’s exterior to communicate attachment and possibly to integrate themselves into a neighborhood’s social activities. Christmas decorations are nostalgic and bring people back to simpler and happier times.''
Single Man Handing Out 'Rebound Wanted' Brochures: The San Francisco Gate newspaper says a single San Francisco man is going viral because he is handing out 'Rebound Wanted' brochures. Kyle Keyser says he has distributed the flyers at restaurants, bars, grocery stores, waiting rooms and at the airport. "I was sitting on the Bay Bridge in traffic, and it just hit me that I should put this out there. I didn’t know what that meant at the time, except that I should make this a physical thing, and that was kind of how it was born. I wanted to keep it super low pressure. Let’s have all the trappings of intimacy and friendship and partnership, but with an understanding that this is random and the timing is awfully strange. But if you're willing to take a chance, I’m willing to take a chance.”
Rodgers Losing Friends: People magazine says Aaron Rodgers is losing friends because he lied about being vaccinated. A source tells the magazine, “He feels like he just shared his point of view, and now he’s being crucified for it. He knew some people would disagree with him, but he didn’t know that it would become the storm it became. People who he thought were friends are turning on him. He’s upset. He’s very unhappy with the response to him.”
During a radio interview yesterday, Aaron said, “I misled some people about my status, which I take full responsibility for those comments. In the end I have to stay true to who I am, and I stand behind the things I said.”
Extra says Aaron's fiance, Shailene Woodley, Instagrammed; "Literally ya'll need to calm down. This is straight up HILARIOUS. News outlets STILL grasping at straws to disparage Aaron. Finding random men on the streets of LA and saying its him. I know Aaron's body VERY well. First off, his feet, ahem and no offense to this random dude, are a LOT bigger. ;). It's no secret he has the hairiest hands on the planet. This oblivious homie, clearly, does not.''
Recent Jeopardy champion Matt Amodeo tweeted; ''Usually being stupid on #Jeopardy only costs 1. you 2. money, but here he put 1. other people’s 2. health in danger''
ESPN says the Green Bay Packers were fined $300,000 for violating coronavirus protocols in regards to Aaron Rodgers. Aaron was fined $14,650 for not wearing a coronavirus mask during press conferences
KARE says Choice Mutual Insurance is looking to hire a Betty White superfan to watch her best TV shows and movies.
The job ad reads; ''Betty White will be celebrating her 100th birthday on January 17th! Her career has spanned over eighty years, winning the hearts of young and old fans alike. To celebrate her 100th year and lasting legacy, Choice Mutual is paying one lucky fan $1,000 to watch 10 hours of Betty White’s best work. If you get the job, you’ll have 24 hours to watch 10 hours of pre-selected Betty White film and TV appearances. You’ll need to document your experience on social media as you watch so friends and family can celebrate alongside you!''
People can apply for the job on Choice Mutual's website.
NME magazine says Alanis Morissette is producing a new sitcom inspired by her life. She plans to write new music for the show. It's titled "Relatable" and will air on ABC.
Lady Gaga tells British Vogue magazine that she once lived in a giant latex egg for three days. ''I was in the egg for three days. To be honest, at award shows, especially during this time, I didn’t like to talk to people. And if you know anything about looking for latex, years ago it was very difficult to find latex anywhere other than a sex shop, or – where we found this latex was a bus company had latex that they were using to cover the seats of their busses and we found the latex and we asked if we could buy it from them.''
US Weekly Magazine says Brad Pitt is done dating people in the Hollywood industry.A source tells the magazine “Brad is skeptical of most of the women he likes. He’s met so many who don’t want to be thrust into the spotlight, and it’s ended a lot of relationships prematurely….Brad doesn’t want to date anyone in the industry because of what he’s gone through. He doesn’t want another Angie.”
Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani were a Wheel of Fortune answer during Monday night's episode. The category was "Husband and Wife". The correct answer was 'Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton'. Gwen posted a video from the show along with the caption; "Never in my wildest dreams or prayers !!!"
The NY Post says Paris Hilton and Carter Reum will get married at her late grandfather's estate in Bel Air, California on Thursday. Wedding planners have been working on the property for several days. Large floral arrangements already read 'P' and 'C'. The couple was originally going to get married in a church, but decided on the estate instead.
Access Hollywood says Versace is making Britney Spears a custom bridal gown for her wedding to Sam Asghari. The TV show says Donatella Versace is personally involved in the making of the dress. Britney has been modeling pink wedding dresses online
In his new memoir, ''Will'', Will Smith writes that he was tortured by Jada Pinkett Smith's close relationship with Tupac. "Though they were never intimate, their love for each other is legendary -- they defined 'ride or die.’ In the beginning of our relationship, my mind was tortured by their connection. He was 'PAC! and I was me. The rapper had a fearless passion that was intoxicating, a militant morality, and a willingness to fight and die for what he believed was right. I hated that I wasn't what he was in the world, and I suffered a raging jealousy: I wanted Jada to look at me like that."
A new survey by Match.com reveals that 27% of singles have had a video date. Other findings:
- 63% of singles are more comfortable on a first date if they have had a video date first.
- 78% of singles say they have felt romantic chemistry during a video date
A new survey by LendingTree reveals that 48% of people think bearded men are better with money than clean-shaven men. Other findings:
- 46% of men are going to forego shaving in honor of No Shave November. 24% of women will do the same
- 16% of men have argued with their partner about their facial hair or lack thereof
- 7% of men get waxed
Gift Giving Survey A new survey by creditcards.com reveals that the average person is going to spend $276 on holiday gifts for each of their family members. Other findings:
- 41% of people are willing to borrow money to pay for their holiday gifts
- 13% of people are planning to spend more on holiday gifts this year than they did last year. 48% will spend the same
- 42% of people plan to buy holiday gifts with coupons
- 24% of people plan to save money during the holiday season by making homemade gifts
- 14% of people plan to buy second-hand gifts
- 11% of people will skip holiday gift-giving this year
Toughest And Most Misunderstood School Subjects ... According to a new survey by the online learning platform Brainly
1. Math (31%)
2. Science (29%)
3. Social Studies (21%)
4. English (12%)
5. Specialty Subjects (7%)
TOP 10 STATES THAT STRUGGLE MOST WITH MATH ... According to a new survey by the online learning platform Brainly
1. Florida 2. Georgia 3. Arizona 4. Nevada 5. North Carolina 6. California 7. Oklahoma 8. Alabama 9. Texas 10. New Mexico
Sexiest Songs For Romance... According to a new survey by The Phoenix based on a score of 1 to 10
“Love To Love You Baby” by Donna Summer - 9.5
"Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak - 9
"Thinking Bout You" by Frank Ocean - 9
“Darling Nikki” by Prince - 8.5
“I Feel Love” by Donna Summer - 8
"Let’s Get It On” by Marvin Gaye - 8
“Slow Hands” by Niall Horan - 7.5
“Crazy in Love” by Beyonce (Fifty Shades version) - 7
“Tessellate” by Alt-J - 7
“Redbone” by Childish Gambino - 6.5
TOP FIVE HOLIDAY TRADITIONS … According to a new survey by The Little Potato Company
Making and eating a family dish 37%
Listening to holiday music 34%
In-person family gatherings 31%
Decorating gingerbread houses 29%
WHAT MAKES THE BEST THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS? … According to a new survey by Stasher
Mashed potatoes (46%)
Pumpkin pie (45%)
Apple pie (41%)
Green bean casserole (37%)
Candied yams (33%)
Cranberry sauce (28%)
My mother-in-law and I were discussing holiday gifts yesterday for the children in our family when we got into an argument about the cost of gifts. I told her that it's the thought that counts not how much the gift costs. She disagrees and says thought is important, but so is how much you spend because the recipient equates value with their own self-worth. She thinks my husband and I should be spending a ton on holiday gifts for our children. Is she right? Is it the thought that counts or how much a gift is worth? We start our holiday shopping this weekend