- The NY Post says People magazine has named Chris Evans their ''Sexiest Man Alive'' - NBC says the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree has been unveiled. The 79-foot Norway spruce is from Elkton, Maryland.
- WMAQ says a Squid Games bar has opened on Chicago's North Side at Replay Lincoln Park. The bar features childhood-inspired games, karaoke and a DJ. The bar also features red and green cocktails inspired by the insanely popular Netflix show.
- NBC says male teens are getting perms because #boyperm is trending on Tik-Tok. Thousands of young men are posting pictures of themselves with their new perms. Gabriel Feliciano, a 22 year-old college student from Seattle, tells NBC that his perm videos have been viewed over a million times."I went to a frat party not so long ago and so many people had the exact same perm as me. The look appeals to everyone from jocks to the theater kids."
- The Wrap says ESPN Classic is going to shut down at the end of the year. The Disney-owned network had been showing classic games since 1995.
- Entertainment Tonight says Jennifer Hudson is developing a new talk show with the same team that produces Ellen's talk show. The show is being pitched to television stations across America
- Entertainment Tonight says Kelly Clarkson is going to host a Christmas special on December 1st on NBC titled “Kelly Clarkson Presents: When Christmas Comes Around”. The show will feature Brett Eldredge, Ariana Grande, Jay Leno, Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Odom Jr. and Amy Poehler
Inmates Sue Jailers For Repeatedly Playing "Baby Shark": WMTW says three former Oklahoma City inmates are suing the Oklahoma County Jail because they were forced to stand handcuffed for hours while listening to the children's song ''Baby Shark'' on repeat. Sheriff Tommie Johnson III and two jailers are accused of torturing Daniel Hedrick, Joseph "Joey" Mitchell and John Basco with the song. A trial by jury has been set for February
Butterball Raising Prices: ABC says Butterball is raising the price of their turkeys because of supply chain issues. Butterball executive Al Jansen says, “Costs of all commodities have risen, things like labor and trucking issues have impacted all of us. Your Thanksgiving meal, turkey, and all the sides, stuffing, green beans, all that undoubtedly is going to be more expensive.''
Newsweek magazine says Garrett's Real Estate Group recently appraised The Simpsons home at 742 Evergreen Terrace in the fictional town of Springfield.They say the four-bedroom, two-and-a-half bathroom house has 2,200 square feet and is worth $449,900. "To determine the estimated value of The Simpsons home we did a little research and looked at some of the recent SOLDS in Springfield, Oregon. We found a handful of comps that would be a good match and used the same approach when determining how much a home is worth."
An ad for the house reads; "Beautiful two-story home with basement. Through the arched, front door you are welcomed into the foyer. To the left is a cozy sitting room with a bay window, and to the right, is the dining room that also features a nice bay window. Towards the back of the home, is the living room and kitchen. The second storey features four bedrooms! A master bedroom that offers a nice ensuite bathroom. There is also an additional bathroom upstairs. The backyard is surrounded by a wooden picket fence and a low box hedge. Also a patio and a custom treehouse!"
KRIS says ''Top Gun'' fans are heading to the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi, Texas to watch the film on the flight deck. The boat is holding an 80's party tomorrow night, which will culminate with Tom Cruise's movie being shown on a movie screen alongside an F-14 aircraft. Tickets cost $25
The Globe claims Britney Spears is allegedly undergoing hypnotherapy sessions in order to help her deal with the stress in her life. A source tells the magazine, “They’re helping, but Britney knows she has a way to go before she starts feeling normal again. No matter how much freedom she earns, the misery and pain of what she’s endured will haunt Britney forever.''
The NY Post says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson were extremely flirty during their Wednesday night date in New York City. A source tells the newspaper, “They were smiling and laughing a lot and seemed genuinely affectionate with each other. But there was no Kravis-style (Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker) PDA.''
The Robb Report says Steven Spielberg has sold his 282-foot superyacht. The Seven Seas was for sale for $160 million. The vessel has 20 guest rooms, nine staterooms and room for a crew of 28. Amenities include a sauna, a steam room, a health club, a pool, a beach club, a bar, a speedboat, a helipad and a private jacuzzi in Steven's bedroom
Ray Liotta tells Jay Leno that Frank Sinatra's daughters once sent him a horse head for starring in a miniseries about their father that was different than the one they were working on. “The daughters, they wanted me to do a miniseries when they were doing a miniseries about it and I just felt too uncomfortable. We were doing the movie and I got delivered a horse’s head, Obviously it wasn’t a real one, but it was a horse’s head. And, you know, a horse’s head means you’re toast. It turned out that his daughters sent it and said, ‘Oh, you could do this one, but you couldn’t do the one that we wanted you to?’”
Pink News says RuPaul is starring in a new drag queen Christmas movie called ''The B**** Who Stole Christmas''. The film is about a fashion journalist, who travels to a town where everyone loves Christmas. The journalist ends up in a Winter ball competition. The film also stars drag queens Peppermint, Gottmik, Heidi N Closet, Ginger Minj, Kylie Sonique Love, Raven and Brook Lynn Heights.
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson tells Variety magazine that his production company will no longer use real guns on the set of his movies because of Alec Baldwin's accidental shooting. "I can't speak for anyone else, but I can tell you, without an absence of clarity here, that any movie we have moving forward with Seven Bucks Productions – any movie, any television show, or anything we do or produce – we won't use real guns at all. We're going to switch over the rubber guns, and we're going to take care of it in the post. We're not going to worry about the dollars, we won't worry about what it costs."
Dwayne ''The Rock'' Johnson's feud with Vin Diesel will most likely continue because Ryan Reynolds included a Vin Diesel joke in their new movie ''Red Notice''. The Rock tells Entertainment Tonight, ''You know, Ryan loves to improv, and I love that. I've known Ryan for a long time, 20 years, man, we go way back. I've known Ryan longer than anyone in Hollywood, and so that's how close we are and the Vin joke, audiences love it, very, very funny. But that was Ryan. He came up with that. He came up with a few of them, and I thought that was the one that could be funny. Look, in a movie like this, you've got to have a sense of humor."
We Got This Covered says Robert Downey Jr. dressed as a human doggie pinata for his daughter's 7th birthday. His daughter and her friends grabbed pool noodles and pummeled Robert. He posted a video that was captioned with; 'For my dearest daughter AVRI’s 7th bday I gave the kids what they want. Which is clearly mob violence.'
Exercise Hater Survey
A new survey by OnePoll reveals that 25% of people would cancel their Netflix subscription for a year to avoid ever having to exercise again. Other findings: - 25% of people would send a text message to an ex if it meant they would never have to exercise again
- 29% of people would reconnect with a high school bully if it meant they would never have to exercise again - 33% of people would spend a long weekend with their in-laws if it meant they would never have to exercise again - 34% of people would wash all of their dishes by hand for the rest of their life if it meant they would never have to exercise again
Top Reasons People Name Their Car ... According to a new survey by Vertu Motors
1 The name fits the car’s “personality” 38%
2 Because of the color of the car 26%
3 Because I like to think of my car as a member of the household 26%
4 Named it after a character from my favourite film 21%
5 Named it after a beloved family member 19%
TOP 10 WAYS PEOPLE GET A BOOST IN THE MORNING … According to a new survey by Virgin Media
1. Getting good news
2. It being sunny outside
3. Getting out for a walk
4. A cup of tea or coffee
5. Getting some fresh air
6. Having a holiday to look forward to
7. Watching a favourite TV show and / or movie
8. Receiving a compliment
9. Listening to your favourite song
10. Fixing a problem
Worst Thanksgiving Side Dishes... According to a new survey by Instacart
Candied yams: 27%
Green bean casserole: 25%
Cranberry sauce: 24%
Sweet potato casserole: 21%
Mashed potatoes: 8%
I am going to start my holiday shopping this weekend. I'm conflicted over how much to buy my children. One of my kids has been great and deserves the world while the other two haven't been so great and don't really deserve anything. Would it be wrong if I bought more gifts for the child, who deserves them OR do I have to get all three kids the same amount of gifts? Do you think getting my good kid more gifts would motivate the other two to behave better and do better in school?